discontinuation of bright canopy / Frame

Professor Tyles

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1501 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have used the Frame (was bright canopy) Third party viewer to access SL from places where the connection is poorer, and this has worked reasonably well. But Frame has discontinued this service from 1st Jan 2020 and I wondered if anyone has information on this- my searches have so far turned up nothing. Is there an alternative? Its a little annoying as I only paid them a subscription on Dec 27th !

Edited by Professor Tyles
spelling

9 answers to this question

You could take a frame hosting and install firestorm that is literally all that bright canopy is, frame is just cloud hosting of any application. there also ways to connect back to your own pc over the internet using say an iPad, basically turning the PC in to a bright canopy like server.

nothing as convent or easy but a few possible options.

11 hours ago, Zara Meriman said:

You could take a frame hosting and install firestorm that is literally all that bright canopy is, frame is just cloud hosting of any application. there also ways to connect back to your own pc over the internet using say an iPad, basically turning the PC in to a bright canopy like server.

nothing as convent or easy but a few possible options.

If the user wants to get the hosting for that,  it's not a cheap option.

Hello. Sorry for the necro-posting, I've just found this topic.

We are developing a 100% web-based viewer, SpeedLight - https://speedlight.io. The 3D world view is currently under development (we expect the first version to be released by the end of February), but you can use all social features of SL now: IMs, local chat, groups and others.

SpeedLight offers two options: free and paid ("gold"). Free includes all SL functionality except 3D for now. Gold facility includes some more premium features like "mass IM".

The viewer is TPV approved, here's some more info here in forums:

• Thanks 2

On 2/21/2020 at 8:27 AM, Glaznah Gassner said:

Hello. Sorry for the necro-posting, I've just found this topic.

We are developing a 100% web-based viewer, SpeedLight - https://speedlight.io. The 3D world view is currently under development (we expect the first version to be released by the end of February), but you can use all social features of SL now: IMs, local chat, groups and others.

SpeedLight offers two options: free and paid ("gold"). Free includes all SL functionality except 3D for now. Gold facility includes some more premium features like "mass IM".

The viewer is TPV approved, here's some more info here in forums:

how are you going to manage the cost?  as this is NOT cheap per hour. unless you have 0.0002 cents per mb used.    aws/google are expensive.

On 2/23/2020 at 6:11 PM, bigmoe Whitfield said:

how are you going to manage the cost?  as this is NOT cheap per hour. unless you have 0.0002 cents per mb used.    aws/google are expensive.

Sorry for the late reply, I've missed your message.

We have a Gold membership (USD $8 per month) which provides extended features for a fee (unlimited online time vs 1 hour sessions, mas IM tool, more feature-full 3D rendering). This does not pay all the expenses yet, but it already brings the noticeable income.

As for server powers, we share them with SmartBots, our major project. SmartBots utilizes dozen of servers and pays itself.

10 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

great..more spam tools...
unless you perhaps act when there are signs of abuse?

We suspend the delivery (actually, we don't start it) when there are a lot of recipients. The most of users of this feature are business owners, they send notifications to specific customers.

LL also bans for spamming so the feature is quite safe.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1501 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.