Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Esmeraldazs

New Custom Built Tower Questions

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 175 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recommended Posts

Hello Everyone

      So I finally got a Custom Built Computer Tower of the Images that I will be including below but first i will copy my Firestorm Viewer Info

Is there anything other then the last image that I should be enabling other then Radeon Enhanced Sync under the settings of the graphics card ??

Firestorm 6.3.2 (58052) Sep 27 2019 22:41:52 (64bit) (Firestorm-Releasex64) with Havok support
Release Notes

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 2200G with Radeon Vega Graphics     (3499.98 MHz)
Memory: 16333 MB
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 64-bit (Build 18363.535)
Graphics Card Vendor: ATI Technologies Inc.
Graphics Card: Radeon RX 580 Series

Windows Graphics Driver Version: 26.20.15003.5016
OpenGL Version: 4.2.13586 Compatibility Profile Context 19.12.3 26.20.15003.5016

RestrainedLove API: RLV v3.2.1 / RLVa v2.2.0.58052
libcurl Version: libcurl/7.54.1 OpenSSL/1.0.2l zlib/1.2.8 nghttp2/1.25.0
J2C Decoder Version: KDU v7.10.7
Audio Driver Version: FMOD Studio 2.00.03
Dullahan: 1.1.1320 / CEF: 3.3626.1895.g7001d56 / Chromium: 72.0.3626.121
LibVLC Version: 2.2.8
Voice Server Version: Vivox 4.9.0002.30313

Settings mode: Firestorm
Viewer Skin: Firestorm (Grey)
Window size: 1920x1001 px
Font Used: Deja Vu (96 dpi)
Font Size Adjustment: 0.3 pt
UI Scaling: 1.025
Draw distance: 64 m
Bandwidth: 1450 kbit/s
LOD factor: 2
Render quality: Low (1/7)
Advanced Lighting Model: No
Texture memory: 2048 MB (1)
VFS (cache) creation time (UTC): 2020-1-7T11:10:52
Built with MSVC version 1800
Packets Lost: 0/15,449 (0.0%)
January 09 2020 02:24:14 SLT

received_5258017937638664.jpeg

received_2522007784683988.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You shouldn’t need to manage anything in the radeon control panel, most of it has no effect on older games like SL anyway.

make sure your APU is disabled in the bios since you have the RX 580 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, cheesecurd said:

You shouldn’t need to manage anything in the radeon control panel, most of it has no effect on older games like SL anyway.

make sure your APU is disabled in the bios since you have the RX 580 

The person that custom built this computer is a coder at least i think cause of what he did so I'm sure he disabled that

what he did was he had to write int BIOS about the HDMI Sound coming through the RX 580 via HDMI to the HDTV that I use as a Monitor

So I don't want to fiddle around with the BIOS the way he has it set up and screw something up that i shouldn't be playing with

Also I have the 19.12.3 of the Driver Updates of the RX 580

And he had Radeon Enhanced Sync turned on also when i bought it in the settings

 

Edited by Esmeraldazs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Esmeraldazs said:

The person that custom built this computer is a coder at least i think cause of what he did so I'm sure he disabled that

what he did was he had to write int BIOS about the HDMI Sound coming through the RX 580 via HDMI to the HDTV that I use as a Monitor

So I don't want to fiddle around with the BIOS the way he has it set up and screw something up that i shouldn't be playing with

Also I have the 19.12.3 of the Driver Updates of the RX 580

And he had Radeon Enhanced Sync turned on also when i bought it in the settings

 

The bios is not complicated, and nothing was written to the bios to get audio over HDMI, that’s a standard feature and has been since... I think Nvidia fermi refresh and amd following shortly after.

The most common issue I’ve ever seen people have with APUs in systems with dgpus is that some programs will switch between the two and run passthrough via the gpu and it’s just a nightmare. I’ve seen SL do it before on vega apus where it seemingly randomly reconfigures itself to run the APU if it isn’t disabled.

Its best just to make sure or at least ask them before it becomes a problem after an automatic driver update or whatever.

I also wouldn’t trust that power supply further than I could throw it, atx 2.31, 80+ white and only on a technicality, swap that out for something decent before you upgrade any component in that system any time in the future, it’s not 2008 anymore. That’s all only partially a related matter however.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, cheesecurd said:

The bios is not complicated, and nothing was written to the bios to get audio over HDMI, that’s a standard feature and has been since... I think Nvidia fermi refresh and amd following shortly after.

The most common issue I’ve ever seen people have with APUs in systems with dgpus is that some programs will switch between the two and run passthrough via the gpu and it’s just a nightmare. I’ve seen SL do it before on vega apus where it seemingly randomly reconfigures itself to run the APU if it isn’t disabled.

Its best just to make sure or at least ask them before it becomes a problem after an automatic driver update or whatever.

I also wouldn’t trust that power supply further than I could throw it, atx 2.31, 80+ white and only on a technicality, swap that out for something decent before you upgrade any component in that system any time in the future, it’s not 2008 anymore. That’s all only partially a related matter however.

Actually the HDMI was only putting Video no sound from the Video card to the HDTV and the TV wasn't even showing up as an option under playback devices he had to write in the BIOS or something for it to finally work.

I probably won't be able to upgrade anything in this tower for at least a couple months or a year at the most it took me 3 months to even be able to save up to get it and at least its better then this laptop here - https://www.amazon.ca/Aspire-E5-522-89W6-Windows-A8-7410-Processor/dp/B01MQJAEX1

Would the power supply be alright until then ??  If not please let me know so I can contact him to swap it out cause he spent more on this tower then what I actually paid for it as it was also a Christmas Gift of him charging me less then what he paid for it.

Edited by Esmeraldazs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Esmeraldazs said:

Would the power supply be alright until then ??  If not please let me know so I can contact him to swap it out cause he spent more on this tower then what I actually paid for it as it was also a Christmas Gift of him charging me less then what he paid for it.

I doubt it’s going to cause any problems for the time being, but it’s a psu that’s padded with most of its voltage on the 12v rail, meaning if you were to jump to a higher end processor, since a secondhand Ryzen 7 2700/1800x is dirt cheap these days, you’d be pushing some limits with how much current it can actually supply.

Its far from a god awful psu but consider that if it was 2012 it would be a reasonable midrange option from a pure specs standpoint. It’s 2020, atx 2.4 may not have been the biggest change but these days the 60-80$ price range can get you 80+ gold rated stuff with 10 year warranties, ie Seasonic SSR, Corsair TXM, Cooler Master MWE Gold, etc 

The next upgrade I would presume would be a pretty substantial cpu upgrade in the coming year or two, with 4th gen Ryzen on the way I imagine something like an R7 2700, which is already super cheap, will only get cheaper and can be considered as a random toss in upgrade. For that you would want a psu with multiple 12v rails for the cpu and gpu rather than a single 12v rail covering everything.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, cheesecurd said:

I doubt it’s going to cause any problems for the time being, but it’s a psu that’s padded with most of its voltage on the 12v rail, meaning if you were to jump to a higher end processor, since a secondhand Ryzen 7 2700/1800x is dirt cheap these days, you’d be pushing some limits with how much current it can actually supply.

Its far from a god awful psu but consider that if it was 2012 it would be a reasonable midrange option from a pure specs standpoint. It’s 2020, atx 2.4 may not have been the biggest change but these days the 60-80$ price range can get you 80+ gold rated stuff with 10 year warranties, ie Seasonic SSR, Corsair TXM, Cooler Master MWE Gold, etc 

The next upgrade I would presume would be a pretty substantial cpu upgrade in the coming year or two, with 4th gen Ryzen on the way I imagine something like an R7 2700, which is already super cheap, will only get cheaper and can be considered as a random toss in upgrade. For that you would want a psu with multiple 12v rails for the cpu and gpu rather than a single 12v rail covering everything.

How long can it go the longest without being upgraded??

I think this one is padded he has like a inside something along like that the power supply is hidden that I don't even see it like its inside

Kinda of like this - https://thermaltake.azureedge.net/pub/media/catalog/product/cache/10f519365b01716ddb90abc57de5a837/db/imgs/pdt/gallery/CA-1K8-00M1WN-01_94a038a0e13d4229b6b9ef1d364eaf80_thum.jpg

But with my case and no open part kinda its all boxed in

Edited by Esmeraldazs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Esmeraldazs said:

How long can it go the longest without being upgraded??

Look up the warranty period on it and replace it well before then.

The thing with the power supplies is that it’s the most crucial part of the system that needs to be the most reliable. Power supplies are the most common point of failure on any PC, and they have the ability to take other parts down with it.

Hard drive or SSD dies, ehh that sucks, you lose your stuff, but everything else is fine.

But a psu can go out quietly and just not turn on or it can pump 13 volts into your motherboard out of nowhere and vaporize the mosfets and take everything on the 12v rail with it, motherboard, cpu, gpu, etc 

Its the most common source of problems I’ve seen as someone who spends way too much time on computer tech forums. It’s just not worth the initial savings to buy a mediocre power supply, better offerings are not much more expensive and you don’t have to upgrade for a pretty long time.

Consider the people who spent 150$ on an old Corsair HX series a decade ago, those were built nice and still usually hold spec pretty close if they weren’t too hot, and are perfectly usable today. However if you bought an EVGA 500B even 4 years ago, if it’s not dead by now it’s probably rippling like a choppy sea and is on the brink of death.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, cheesecurd said:

Look up the warranty period on it and replace it well before then.

The thing with the power supplies is that it’s the most crucial part of the system that needs to be the most reliable. Power supplies are the most common point of failure on any PC, and they have the ability to take other parts down with it.

Hard drive or SSD dies, ehh that sucks, you lose your stuff, but everything else is fine.

But a psu can go out quietly and just not turn on or it can pump 13 volts into your motherboard out of nowhere and vaporize the mosfets and take everything on the 12v rail with it, motherboard, cpu, gpu, etc 

Its the most common source of problems I’ve seen as someone who spends way too much time on computer tech forums. It’s just not worth the initial savings to buy a mediocre power supply, better offerings are not much more expensive and you don’t have to upgrade for a pretty long time.

Consider the people who spent 150$ on an old Corsair HX series a decade ago, those were built nice and still usually hold spec pretty close if they weren’t too hot, and are perfectly usable today. However if you bought an EVGA 500B even 4 years ago, if it’s not dead by now it’s probably rippling like a choppy sea and is on the brink of death.

 

The only one i could find close to it was this - https://www.newegg.com/cooler-master-elite-v3-600w-mpw-6001-acaan1-us/p/1B4-0011-00046

Which says 2 year Warranty which is also on the Canadian Website

Edited by Esmeraldazs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 175 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...