making friends and interacting

greyghoul

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4390 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm new in SL. My question is this: I am in a land and text appears on the screen at various points. I assume they are animation balls but most of the words do not have balls or indeed objects near them. When I click on them they give ma a normal menu with "sit here" which does nothing except give me the opprtunity to sit down, One text says "kiss me"; one of the avatars  says "kiss"...at least that word comes up on the bottom right of my screen as a "notification". Is this addressed to me personally,  and what is the difference between chat on the bottom left of the screen and this at the bottom right? How do I respond? I am not answering in case I act foolishly.

I would be grateful for a full explanation. Thanks.

Where is this sim you are talking about? There could be two things there.., first the animation is on an object like land, sand or a log which does not have a pose ball but with a hover text to let you know that you can right click and do something on it. Second, they're a hover texts that comes from an underground room.

For the request for Kiss, yes the avatar is requesting for a Kiss and when you accept it, you two will be doing a kissing animation. Usually the request comes with a Accept or Decline buttons.

The text that pops up on the bottom left is for chat.  This is general chat in the open and can be said by people or sometimes objects.

The text popping up on the left are usually from specific channels.  Group chat or someone sending you an IM. (Instant Message)

I have my chat windows set up with Nearby Chat open in a window and then the IM's and groups set up in a tabbed window just above that.   I still get some chat on the lower right, but it is for groups or people that are not the currently active tab in the group chat window.

When some one wants to offer a hug, kiss (or vampire bite) it is done through a scripted object they will be wearing.  It will ask for permission to animate you and this will be in its own type of popup window with buttons for you to either allow or ignore.

• 1 month later...

my name is kpordzo erasmus.i am a gospel musician who yet to come out .I would be very grateful if we can have a strong relationship.i want you to tell me more about you.Due to nature of my work   wouldf be very grateful if we can talk on phone .I want you to send to me your number with which i can  call you on. By the way my number is 00233[0]245388280. please do not forget to send me your number. The  information is that iwill be going on stage tonight to perform. bye

My name is kpordzo erasmus.Iam a gospel musician who is yet to come out soon. i love music and in hope you love it too. I want us to develop a strong relationship which nobody can seperate us . Due to the nature  of my work  i want us to chat on phone. please  send to me your number. Mine is 00233[0]245388280.Bye

• 9 months later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4390 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.