Sign in to follow this  
LarryB Writer

Media plugin webkit error - Windows 7

Question

7 answers to this question

From Bigfoot networks support

Sorry for the trouble,

Thank you for the info. The test lab was able to recreate the problem and engineering is going to look in on how to fix it. A current workaround would be to unmap the Killer's LSP's (which you did in a roundabout way in your last email), but as of right now, if the LSPs are mapped, this problem will be present.

Same problem here- I'm running windows 7 Home 64 bit, but on an Alienware system that's brand new, just pulled from the box today kind of new, with a 750 gb ard drive and 8 gb of RAM. Fully enabled grapics card and everything. I tried everything on your list and mine's STILL not working.

Have to say I'm NOT impressed. I know there's nothing really wrong with my system but I am pretty pissed that I can't get Second Life to work...since that was one of the main reasons I invested in such an expensive system.            

Someone answered this question swearing he found the solution to this problem & several others say it worked for them too so just try it, it certainly won't hurt anything.

Go to your computer Program Files, click Firestorm, right click SLplugin.exe, choose compatibility. then run in compatibility mode of windows 95, apply, close.

After all the stuff you've gone through hopefully this simple task fixes your problem.