How to unlock my name?

AlejandraProstituta

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1560 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

My name is Mija Perfferte, but my account has been locked for 1 day and I cannot change my name until 2038.

I opened a ticket but no answer.

One ungrateful said I couldn't use my name because it's "similar" to hers. She said she knows the administrators of SL and my account would be deleted.

I was punished without warning, without reason, without notification. She didn't lie about this friendship with admins of SL. I didn't break any SL rules/terms, that's authoritarianism...

6 answers to this question

44 minutes ago, AlejandraProstituta said:

She said she knows the administrators of SL and my account would be deleted.

Don't worry about that, it's not going to happen.

45 minutes ago, AlejandraProstituta said:

My name is Mija Perfferte, but my account has been locked for 1 day and I cannot change my name until 2038.

I'm not sure what you mean here. Do you mean you can't change your display name or that you can't log on to Second Life at all?

I'm not sure that I understand the situation here, but I suspect that you are talking about changing your Display name, as ChinRey suggested.  Your Display name is not an official name.  It's like having a nickname in RL.  It's convenient as a friendly name, but it's not unique.  Several people could all call themselves "Bob", and nobody can tell you to change your Display name (unless it says something truly offensive).  If you do decide to change your Display name, though, you can only do it once a week.  Maybe that's what you did, so now you are "locked" from changing it again until Wednesday next week.

• Like 1

It is about my display name. I can change it in January 01, 2038 00:00.

I realized that secondlife managers are abusive, applying wrong punishments in the last year.

My display name was different from the accuser, but I was still punished. It is unfortunate that the moderators are accepting false accusations.

Screenshot_2020-01-09 Configurações de perfil - Second Life.png

Add. (01/09/2020): Manager answered my ticket and she unlocked my display name now. She did not specify the abused rule. I changed my display name to the previous name.

Edited by AlejandraProstituta

Hello!

The Lindens will only lock your display name only under specific conditions, such as inappropriate or offensive display names, or impersonation.

If your account gets suspended, you will receive a email from Linden Lab regarding the suspension.

No matter how good of a friend someone is with a Linden, they will never act on behalf of residents. Typically those who state they are friends with a Linden are trying to manipulate you into doing something. Those who actually are friends with Lindens will keep it more on the down low and not mention it.

Judging by what you stated and how your display name got locked, it is likely the resident reported you for impersonation. In situations like this where you had no intent on impersonating someone, it is best to contact support and explain the situation, they are very reasonable and understanding.

Certainly, being blocked from changing your Display Name for the next eighteen years seems like a clerical error.

However, I would be cautious about using names that could be seen as being offensive or not suitable for a General audience.  Having "Prostitute" in your name could qualify on those grounds.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Certainly, being blocked from changing your Display Name for the next eighteen years seems like a clerical error.

However, I would be cautious about using names that could be seen as being offensive or not suitable for a General audience.  Having "Prostitute" in your name could qualify on those grounds.

Or using pictures of a certain personality with her own business, to roleplay some pretty dark things...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1560 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.