Reading a lists of Owners and Trusted

Elisabeth Ohmai

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1565 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

OpenCollar script 'oc_auth' on GitHub here: https://github.com/OpenCollar/opencollar/blob/master/src/collar/oc_auth.lsl

is where the lists of people are managed

when 'oc_auth' receives the UserCommand 'list' then it sends link messages. One link message for each type of person:

llMessageLinked(LINK_SET,NOTIFY,"0"+"Owners: "+sOutput,kID);
llMessageLinked(LINK_SET,NOTIFY,"0"+"Temporary Owner: "+sOutput,kID);
llMessageLinked(LINK_SET,NOTIFY,"0"+"Trusted: "+sOutput,kID);

where NOTIFY = 1002 and sOutput is a string of agent URI's delimited by a leading '\n"

agent URI is the return from: "secondlife:///app/agent/" + _some_agent_uuid_ + "/about"

to access UserCommand 'list' in our script then example

// request
llMessageLinked(LINK_SET, CMD_OWNER, "list", llGetOwner());

// read
link_message(integer sender, integer num, string msg, key id)
{
   if ((num == 1002) && (llGetSubString(msg, 0, 0) == "0")
   {
      list people = llParseString2List(msg, ["\n"], []);

... people[0] element is the type of person(s) ...
      ... "0Owner: " | "0Temporary Owner: " | "0Trusted: " ...
   }
}

when we want the people's uuids (keys) rather than their URI then have to mod 'oc_auth' UserCommand to do this. A way to do this is add in a clause which uses our own custom command: "list_keys" rather than 'list' for example 

One of the prims that gets the link message can be told to chat it on a specific channel, and you can then have a listening script in another prim to receive the messages and send them to you via llOwnerSay, or else in the prim that can receive the link message, send them on via llOwnerSay, but be careful, RLV and possibly OpenCollar make use of llOwnerSay quite a bit and you might risk intefering with the flow of information

4 hours ago, Elisabeth Ohmai said:

But link_message means i cant get it if my script in another prim?

depends on what another prim is

when the prim is linked to the collar then link messages

when the prim is a separate object then as Prof says we need a way to communicate with the collar on a channel. In which case, we make our separate prim to be like a Remote controller.  GitHub: https://github.com/OpenCollar/opencollar/tree/master/src/remote

to add in new commands that don't come in the OpenCollar box then we modify the Remote scripts and collar 'oc_com.lsl' script: GitHub: https://github.com/OpenCollar/opencollar/blob/master/src/collar/oc_com.lsl

Edited by Mollymews
in which

11 hours ago, Elisabeth Ohmai said:

Thank you for your answers! Yea, I choose wrong term. I mean another object. For example, I would like the ring on my finger, knew my owners from collar on my neck. Without modification of collar code.

Elisabeth, is as Qie says

drop the OpenCollar remote controller scripts in your ring.  When the scripts are installed correctly then we can access any collar worn by ourselves or by anyone else for which we have 'Owner/Trusted' status

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1565 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.