Truth - Dalirium Hair Bangs Disapearing In Teleport

PatricaC

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1562 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello Everyone

I recently bought Truth - Dalirium Hair as I loved the hairstyle but just recently I been noticing the Bangs disappearing during after teleporting somewhere

The way they come back is if I edit them or re attach them

I was wondering if anyone else has had this issue, how to fix it or anything like that??

Here is my viewer info thing below

Firestorm 6.3.2 (58052) Sep 27 2019 22:41:52 (64bit) (Firestorm-Releasex64) with Havok support
Release Notes

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 2200G with Radeon Vega Graphics     (3500 MHz)
Memory: 16333 MB
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 64-bit (Build 18363.535)
Graphics Card Vendor: ATI Technologies Inc.
Graphics Card: Radeon RX 580 Series

Windows Graphics Driver Version: 26.20.15003.5016
OpenGL Version: 4.2.13586 Compatibility Profile Context 19.12.3 26.20.15003.5016

RestrainedLove API: (disabled)
libcurl Version: libcurl/7.54.1 OpenSSL/1.0.2l zlib/1.2.8 nghttp2/1.25.0
J2C Decoder Version: KDU v7.10.7
Audio Driver Version: FMOD Studio 2.00.03
Dullahan: 1.1.1320 / CEF: 3.3626.1895.g7001d56 / Chromium: 72.0.3626.121
LibVLC Version: 2.2.8
Voice Server Version: Not Connected
Settings mode: Firestorm
Viewer Skin: Firestorm (Grey)
Window size: 1920x1001 px
Font Used: Deja Vu (96 dpi)
Font Size Adjustment: 0.3 pt
UI Scaling: 1.025
Draw distance: 64 m
Bandwidth: 1450 kbit/s
LOD factor: 2
Render quality: Low (1/7)
Advanced Lighting Model: No
Texture memory: 2048 MB (1)
VFS (cache) creation time (UTC): 2020-1-7T7:38:38
Built with MSVC version 1800
January 08 2020 00:17:41 SLT

Lost my whole head after a region crossing yesterday, just a pair of eyes and a brain left. Now the holidays are over the team seems to be going out their way to destroy stuff, games never felt weaker, multiple crashes, two in two minutes last night, another just now, bits missing, 40 seconds to rez to ground from inv, 30 seconds to attatch to avvie from inv, regions vanishing, region restarts everywhere I go, regions offline for hours, and before you start, yes I know its all my fault and my feeble computer, nothing to do with LL at all, hollow laugh.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

Teleport crashes are back. I get two or three per session now, and yesterday I had one crash just out of the blue, when I was at home.

I haven't lost attachments recently, but went through a period of weeks, when I would lose my head during tp. The thing was, I could see it but nobody else could. So I relied on others telling me. For a while I re-attached it after every tp, but now it seems ok.

Patricia, as others are saying, the issue for you is not the hair itself. Is more about a general issue with teleporting

a thing you can try is to reattach your stuff in a different order

another thing to try is attach only one object to an attachment point.  The more things attached to the same point can lead to things getting messed up.  For example if the bangs are a separate attachment from the hair.  And the hair is attached to your Skull say, then attach the bangs to your Nose say and see how that goes 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rasterscan said:

Lost my whole head after a region crossing yesterday, just a pair of eyes and a brain left

I loose my ears and teeth quite often, and thats way harder to notice than loosing the panties.
Sometimes items are attached, but just not showing up. In that case it helps to cam far away and come back.

40 seconds to rez to ground from inv, 30 seconds to attatch to avvie from inv, regions vanishing, region restarts everywhere I go, regions offline for hours,

Want to add bad region performance like "scripts run" values of 30% or even less.
I was surprised to find a 100% script run region at Zindra yesterday. Hope that will kinda last.

• Haha 1

Wow it seems Second Life is going down hill then instead of up hill I think its also cause there trying to cram a lot of stuff into the viewer like for example the "Baked on Mesh" it seems we are going backwards with that instead of forward.

Like no one has clothes that are layered 2007 - 2010 before Mesh days and not many stores sell them since everything went mesh so I don't see why they even brought that into the Mesh Avatars at all

Also is this something that I should have enabled it seems if i disable it my screen tends to flicker/flash more without it enabled  ........ Playing on a Vizio HDTV  that is about 7 years old via HDMI from custom built tower to the tv

2020-01-08 (5).png

Another sudden crash to desktop. In the middle of scripting too. I love SL but hate its utterly feeble performance and they have the cheek to ask 100 bucks a year for this carry on.

Laughs .. and another. 

Edited by rasterscan
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, rasterscan said:

Lost my whole head after a region crossing yesterday, just a pair of eyes and a brain left. Now the holidays are over the team seems to be going out their way to destroy stuff, games never felt weaker, multiple crashes, two in two minutes last night, another just now, bits missing, 40 seconds to rez to ground from inv, 30 seconds to attatch to avvie from inv, regions vanishing, region restarts everywhere I go, regions offline for hours, and before you start, yes I know its all my fault and my feeble computer, nothing to do with LL at all, hollow laugh.

Maybe they'll get it stopped one day!  Hope you are not busy in RL that day!  ;D

• Haha 1

and again. Three crashes in a row. I'm begining to suspect this is deliberate laughs. Even if I bother still playing you've lost my premium sirs I aint paying good money for this service anymore.

Edited by rasterscan
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, rasterscan said:

and again. Three crashes in a row. I'm begining to suspect this is deliberate laughs. Even if I bother still playing you've lost my premium sirs I aint paying good money for this service anymore.

Whaaaa?  Say it ain't so!!!

40 minutes ago, rasterscan said:

With being a Premium Member can't you chat to Linden Labs or Call them about issues like these? I thought that was another difference between Free and Premium you can contact them about anything

39 minutes ago, PatricaC said:

With being a Premium Member can't you chat to Linden Labs or Call them about issues like these? I thought that was another difference between Free and Premium you can contact them about anything

You can, but it's much easier to complain on the forums rather than actually trying something constructive. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Beth Macbain said:

You can, but it's much easier to complain on the forums rather than actually trying something constructive. 

I do not think LL will help with firestorm issues.  Although to be fair, I might have missed what viewer people are using. I have been crashing a lot with firestorm, in fact every single time I shut down SL the FS viewer crashes.. In the process none of my settings are saved.. Yesterday was rough though, my regions I own (er rent from LL) was offline  and when it came back it was worse I had not had lag before, and as it were I cold hardly move.. idk. I have taken to not using firestorm myself. I might need a real clean install who knows..

• Thanks 2

If I understand @PatricaC's issue correctly, I think this is a long-standing issue specifically with UNRIGGED attachments (of which the add-on hair bangs most likely are), and is totally different to the loss of attachments that can often be experienced at sim crossings.

Basically the unrigged attachment just becomes invisible after a teleport. Right clicking on the item or zooming out and back in again usually fixes it. Or it just pops back in later of its own accord. No need to relog usually.

It's an issue that's been around for at least as long as I've been in SL. Generally it's only happening in your own viewer - you look fine to anyone else (or rather if you don't look fine to other people, it's probably in a different way and for different reasons! 😄 )

4 hours ago, wesleytron said:

If I understand @PatricaC's issue correctly, I think this is a long-standing issue specifically with UNRIGGED attachments (of which the add-on hair bangs most likely are), and is totally different to the loss of attachments that can often be experienced at sim crossings.

Basically the unrigged attachment just becomes invisible after a teleport. Right clicking on the item or zooming out and back in again usually fixes it. Or it just pops back in later of its own accord. No need to relog usually.

It's an issue that's been around for at least as long as I've been in SL. Generally it's only happening in your own viewer - you look fine to anyone else (or rather if you don't look fine to other people, it's probably in a different way and for different reasons! 😄 )

Yes the bangs are unrigged the actual hair isn't though but the hair is fine after teleporting its just the bangs that go invisible after teleporting

5 hours ago, wesleytron said:

Your point? Why isn't this a priority fix. Considering it directly impacts on people's perception of SL performance, it should be first on their list to fix especially considering the time it has been affecting people. I've had it since 2008 but more frequent of late and one can peruse the SL archived forums to see these issues going back to 2009 and even before then to many users. If they have no clue how it is happening then it speaks volumes as to how inept their team may be in fixing such issues. Some back in the day, suggested that the cause was due to a change (force objects to be less 'vertice intense' to improve fps) LL did and suggested debug menu fixes, but even that eventually didn't work.

Additionally, it is not just solely mesh that it impacts as I and many others over the years have had it happen with sculpties and prims as well (I've even had part of the sculpts of hair disappear whilst some strands remained). Also to those comments about it being restricted to firestorm, no this is an issue across all viewers not just firestorm, and contacting support as premium doesn't help fix the issue as it is a well known issue that has been reported many times with no resolution.

That aside, the whole teleport issues of late is ridiculous, long hanging, tp crashes, tp refusal, missing objects attached and in world etc. The list goes on.

1 hour ago, PatricaC said:

Yes the bangs are unrigged the actual hair isn't though but the hair is fine after teleporting its just the bangs that go invisible after teleporting

@PatricaC as I mentioned in the other thread about disappearing objects in world, the same workaround (until it is fixed though hasn't been for over 10 years) can be used to 'unhide' any objects rezed inworld or attached that have disappeared due to teleporting. Enter into wireframe (ctrl+shift+r) and then exit out of wireframe again (same key configuration). This will refresh all objects in your viewer (including attached items) without the need of editing the objects, detaching, logging out or tp again. Some, suggested years ago just refreshing the textures (ctrl+alt+r) works but I find this to sometimes not work and therefore do the wireframe one instead.

Edited by Drayke Newall

1 hour ago, Drayke Newall said:

Your point?

To give a little bit more detail about the problem the OP was experiencing. To point out that it has been around for some time now. To point out that it's specific to unrigged mesh attachments and to point out that it's not the same issue as attachments becoming detached like at sim crossings, which this thread started quickly talking about. You know, to maybe try and offer a bit of clarity on what the problem is and is not - that way we can all be sure we're talking about the same issue. I made no suggestion one way or another on what I thought about LL's bug-fixing priorities or lack thereof, which for some reason it seems you're implying I'm supposed to be making a point about.

Quick reminder of what the OP asked:

"I been noticing the Bangs disappearing during after teleporting somewhere. I was wondering if anyone else has had this issue,"

You want a 'point' to my post? The point was to respond by saying "yes, I and other people have been experiencing this for many years now. It's not just you".

Edited by wesleytron

14 minutes ago, wesleytron said:

To give a little bit more detail about the problem the OP was experiencing. To point out that it has been around for some time now. To point out that it's specific to unrigged mesh attachments and to point out that it's not the same issue as attachments becoming detached like at sim crossings, which this thread started quickly talking about. You know, to maybe try and offer a bit of clarity on what the problem is and is not - that way we can all be sure we're talking about the same issue. I made no suggestion one way or another on what I thought about LL's bug-fixing priorities or lack thereof, which for some reason it seems you're implying I'm supposed to be making a point about.

Quick reminder of what the OP asked:

"I been noticing the Bangs disappearing during after teleporting somewhere. I was wondering if anyone else has had this issue,"

You want a 'point' to my post? The point was to say yes, I and other people have been experiencing this for many years now. It's not just you.

Apologies, I was supposed to quote Tarina above you and not you. It is also why my response talks about her comments about firestorm, whereas you never did.

Edited by Drayke Newall
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Drayke Newall said:

Apologies, I was supposed to quote Tarina above you and not you. It is also why my response talks about her comments about firestorm, whereas you never did.

Lol. Okay no worries. Makes more sense now! ... and I thought you'd just moved on to a more general response when you got the Firestorm stuff.

So now I wrote out that response for nothing! Oh well... 😊

Edited by wesleytron
  • Haha 1

That's why I had posted about a screenshot about my Graphics Card Settings in my 2nd post cause I thought it was something on my end as I been getting an error regarding it sometimes with restarting my custom built tower if it happens to show up again I will copy the error report here.

And then sometimes issues logging in where I don't see my hair at all on other avatars but then i realize it is also Firestorm as well

Edited by PatricaC

2 hours ago, PatricaC said:

That's why I had posted about a screenshot about my Graphics Card Settings in my 2nd post cause I thought it was something on my end as I been getting an error regarding it sometimes with restarting my custom built tower if it happens to show up again I will copy the error report here.

Is it the error message that goes "Display driver stopped responding and has recovered"?

I get that from time to time as I'm sure many other people do. It means your graphics card reached a moment where it just couldn't cope with something. I'd say it's totally unrelated to the problems you're having with your vanishing hair bangs - that's a bug in SL that many people experience from time to time regardless of which viewer they are using.

To minimise the chances of crashing and getting the error message you could try lowering some of your Firestorm graphics settings and not have a lot of other software applications open at the same time in the background. Also make sure your graphics card driver is up to date.

2 hours ago, PatricaC said:

And then sometimes issues logging in where I don't see my hair at all on other avatars but then i realize it is also Firestorm as well

That sounds like it could be a connection issue. Sometimes that just happens and there's not much you can do about, but it might be worth checking your bandwidth settings on Firestorm are suitable for your connection to lower the chances of it happening:

Some advice about how to do that on the Firestorm wiki: https://wiki.firestormviewer.org/fs_speedtest

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1562 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.