You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 172 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello Forums,

My friend and I have come up with an idea for a new roleplay group. In order to see if there is enough interest in it before starting the group up, we figured we'd take our idea to the forums!

PennyRoyal Manor is a school for young witches that was established during the Salem Witch Trials. Our school is loosely based off of the TV show AHS: Coven. The difference is that in our school, both males and females from ages 13-18 will be able to live and play in PennyRoyal Manor School where they will be able to learn about their individual powers and the history of witches.

There will be multiple different roles such as witch, headmaster/mistress, and otherworldlies (the evil in the RP) and each character can have up to 2 witch powers.

If you'd like to know more, please message me in world (Jubi.Juneberry). I have a whole history and backstory typed up and I'd be more than happy to share it with anyone who has an interest in this kind of RP.

• Like 2

I may be interested in this for my alt, she's already attending Hogwarts but I'd be happy to try something else out. It's been a while since I watched AHS though.

5 hours ago, Orwar said:

I may be interested in this for my alt, she's already attending Hogwarts but I'd be happy to try something else out. It's been a while since I watched AHS though.

It’s only loosely based on AHS due to the fact that it’s a school environment for witches! Feel free to message me in world and I can pass you some info to see if you’d be interested in joining us! 

• Like 1

I have a group that does Witches & Werewolves and hunts/protects the veil to keep the secret of magic and the supernatural. They're set in Oregon and we've talked about doing an academy for a while. I had the bones of one, and it got derailed a bit by some other focuses in the RP. Ping me if you'd like to collaborate. 

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm imagining particle effects coming from a wand that gives damage to a meter.  What roleplay can flower from that! 

There are already players who like to take a sort of "evil" role, and frankly the definition of Life could reduce in its simplest form to: "...something that presses against something else."  The very first cells in the oceans were soon pressed upon by other cells. This is just a non-judgmental way (regarding use of the word "evil" in this context) of saying that Life always means conflicts, border disputes, ideas against ideas, values against values, misunderstandings against misunderstandings.  This is why adding a means for such natural conflicts into a roleplay in SL, expands its possibilities and its fun and means of expressions, tremendously.  Whatever is a natural enemy of your witches (werewolves? no?... space aliens then?), adding such an ingredient to your roleplay brings great possibilities and wider wider interests.

On 1/23/2020 at 2:33 PM, Lancewae Barrowstone said:

I'm imagining particle effects coming from a wand that gives damage to a meter.  What roleplay can flower from that! 

There are already players who like to take a sort of "evil" role, and frankly the definition of Life could reduce in its simplest form to: "...something that presses against something else."  The very first cells in the oceans were soon pressed upon by other cells. This is just a non-judgmental way (regarding use of the word "evil" in this context) of saying that Life always means conflicts, border disputes, ideas against ideas, values against values, misunderstandings against misunderstandings.  This is why adding a means for such natural conflicts into a roleplay in SL, expands its possibilities and its fun and means of expressions, tremendously.  Whatever is a natural enemy of your witches (werewolves? no?... space aliens then?), adding such an ingredient to your roleplay brings great possibilities and wider wider interests.

I’m not sure if you’re saying that we should add a conflicting enemy party, but if so, our witches have enemies. The natural enemy of the witches in our backstory would be creatures called ‘otherworldlies’ which are shape shifters. It has also been written in the backstory that some witches may use dark magic and go up against witches who use regular magic. There are plenty of opportunities and roles that will allow for different types of conflict within everyone’s storylines. I have a detailed background written up for the roleplay idea, if you’d be interested in reading it, let me know!

• 2 months later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 172 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.