Skin Issues

PrimaSecret

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1541 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have dark creases under my butt cheeks,  I have tried several different hi quality skins and have tried different graphic and light settings.   If anyone has any suggestions, please throw them at me.  

Have pics but cant seem to get them to load into this topic box.

Yes I'm a bit of a noob......... no need to make fun and laugh. ♥

It could be how your graphics lighting is set. If it is low graphics, it can do this. I think you can load a picture into a post once you have made one post on these forum, so you should be able to now? (I'm a bit of a noob on the forums, so I'm not sure if that is actually true.)

• Thanks 1

It could be your shape; it tends to "break" if the sliders are too extreme. If your butt size is very large, try making it smaller. Or larger, if you have it set very low. The best size will depend on which body you're using; the default system body or one of the mesh bodies. 

• Thanks 1

To sort out which is the problem (skin, avatar, lighting) change the Windlight setting to CalWL. I need to know which viewer to explain how to change Windlight. Assuming you use the Linden made SL Viewer, Top menu->World->Environment Editor->Environment Settings->Customize my envir...->Fixed Sky: [CalWL or if you don't have that, just change the setting and see if the creases go away with some settings.]

Next, if you are using a mesh body, take it off. Are the creases still there?

Go into Preferences->Graphics->(checkbox) Advanced Lighting Model and enable or disable it.

These changes should help you decide if it is the light, mesh body, or painting on the skin that is causing the problem.

Then we can sort out how to fix it.

• Thanks 1

Thank you so much for the suggestions to try.

I do currently have my Windlight set to CalWL. 

Yes I have the Maitreya Mesh Body, and when I take it off yes the creases are still there......just as ugly as ever. 

I don't keep the Advanced Lighting enabled, but it didn't seem to make much difference when i enabled it..... creases still there. 

I have tried and bought so many different skins to try and none seem to help with the creases. 

Almost to the point of buying a different body and tossing Maitreya in the trash.

Use of CalWL means it is very UNlikely the lighting. ALM on and off makes it even less likely the lighting.

Mesh body on and off and there are still creases... not the body. So don't trash the body.

Different skins and you still have a crease... not the skin. You have eliminated the basics.

That means the crease has to be coming from the tats, underwear, clothes, or material layers. But, if the body comes off so do those layers. So, is the mesh body using BOM? The crease would remain even when you take the mesh body off. If so the tats, underwear, and clothes could be system layers causing the problem. So check those. That is about all you have left to check.

You can take a picture. If you aren't used to posting pictures in the forum, save the image to disk. Find the image in the explorer and then drag and drop it into your post. (which is one way)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1541 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.