Decade Challenge

Strawberry Linden

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1252 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 1/7/2020 at 7:53 AM, gluefetish said:

I started in Second Life in April 2017, just out of curiosity. At that time my computer was old and slow for Second Life, and that discouraged me. Luckily, the computer broke down by 2018 :). With the new computer I could already navigate Second Life quite well, and since then I have been in this world. The first photo I took of Second Life was the one on the left I show, cropped to add it to my web profile. The photo on the right I took in October 2019, but it is what my avatar usually looks like now.

#SecondLifeChallenge, #DecadeChallenge

That second photo looks amazingly like a Disney princess...I just can't quite decide which one!

EDIT:  Aha!  Ariel, when she's looking kissable for the Prince!

1113998_1346967573593_full.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Edited by Lindal Kidd
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Managed to post these in the "wrong thread" thread - so now here you go - for your delectation and delight:

489111206_decade2010.thumb.png.18dd5299907567ba33d5bb095ecda54e.png

I don't have any good pictures from 10 years ago - the one I have shows me wearing this outfit (typical outfit for fairy me). I kept it all and used it to recreate my look using the SL classic avatar, the original skin (I only parted from this Eloh Eliot in early 2018) and hair. Posed in Chakryn Forest, my favourite place at the time where I slept under the waterfall until I found a home.

1366985351_decade2020.thumb.png.54f412dc56106e5ab9eedd762c3614d2.png

And one of my 2020 looks (I am a bit of a chameleon) posed today in the same place. Mesh body with a BOM skin, but still wearing my system head with lipstick, lash, eyebrow, blush and freckles tattoos - (I haven't found a mesh head I like as much yet).

Emma :)

• Like 8

On 1/17/2020 at 12:17 AM, Lindal Kidd said:

That second photo looks amazingly like a Disney princess...I just can't quite decide which one!

EDIT:  Aha!  Ariel, when she's looking kissable for the Prince!

1113998_1346967573593_full.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

I had no idea what it looked like so much :). The head I have is Kittia, from Catwa. Apparently they were inspired by Ariel from Walt Disney to create it. That's why it looks so much. I didn't hear about this until a few days ago, and now, thanks to you, I've seen how much it looks like :). Thanks for commenting.

Hi im TakeOver Laughton and im a Avatar Collector i have over 1900 Avatars collected since 2007-2020 some self made some modded some just bought...on this picture are just a few older non Mesh avs from my collection from 2007-2011
42266f729a08ddd9dc618cc5cd1b95a2.jpg

and now im just a older man with a Photo-Baked-on-Mesh -Skin who likes to create stuff for myself and help People with all problems around on Second Life .

Just a  friendly helping Guy

e66b5c70c59d2b37e34c948388a31007.jpg

Thats me...atm !

Edited by TakeOver Laughton
  • Like 13

22 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

It is strange to use the ten year old Gala Phoenix skin with a BoM mesh avatar. :)

I can't find the hair I had 10 years ago. I must have had some inventory loss. I had only written Kin as the hair name, and searching for it in the inventory returns lots of skins...

10 b collage.jpg

WOW..so thats the same skin! Great demonstration of BOM. Sadly, I deleted all my pre-mesh stuff. (of course the new eyes bring you into 2020 and not mentioning the quality of your clothes).  

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, CheriColette said:

WOW..so thats the same skin! Great demonstration of BOM. Sadly, I deleted all my pre-mesh stuff. (of course the new eyes bring you into 2020 and not mentioning the quality of your clothes).  

It can be better windlight too. I think I took pictures in Sunrise. The Sunrise I tried now, isn't so orange. The brows look better on mesh. I had more than 2 Gala Phoenix skins. I had Pout and Angel packs. But I think I lost a skin or more. It is at least the same brand, 10 years old. Same with my Dutch Touch skins. This picture from 2009, I tried on all my Dutch Touch skins. I know I had more! 

I don't wear the earrings. They are ARC 100 000! You can see some of them in the old picture... hanging there so innocent. The necklace isn't so bad. I wear an Izzie's gloss over the lips. And what was it with our eyes? Lol, they look so weird in all my old photos.

10 y c.jpg

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 7

4 hours ago, gluefetish said:

I had no idea what it looked like so much :). The head I have is Kittia, from Catwa. Apparently they were inspired by Ariel from Walt Disney to create it. That's why it looks so much. I didn't hear about this until a few days ago, and now, thanks to you, I've seen how much it looks like :). Thanks for commenting.

Keep the look!  That clip from The Little Mermaid is one of my very favorites!

• Like 1

I have no Pictures from 2010 but older and newer , so i made a little collage from 3 periods.  2008 Must have bin one of my first days in Second life. This was for long my profile picture. In 2014 i came back after not being in second life for more than 3 years.  Cute huh !?  And well 2020 is now. But i must be honest my looks chaging all the time since i make a lot of pictures for Flickr and my gallery . But fun to dive in all the changes i made to my avatar in more than 10 years.  

Candance Collage2.png

Edited by Candance Sweetwater
  • Like 7

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1252 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.