Decade Challenge

Strawberry Linden

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1257 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 1/7/2020 at 12:29 AM, Nick Rhodes said:

I am basically born with SL in june 2003 (beta), so this is a little more than a  Decade Challenge :) #SecondLifeChallenge. I think avies are like public figures or brands, one way is to stick with some elements that defines yourself and make it evolve. I always come back to beard, long hair, dark skin and clear eyes. Kind of an impersonation of Jesus. May be because the first person I met in SL was a preacher 😂

Decade Challenge (1).png

Love the eyes on the current av, where did you get them? Also love your individuality

• Like 12

5 hours ago, Seanas Alston said:

Here's Mine. I have been a Second Life resident since 2008 and I have truly enjoyed every part of it. Second Life just really gives me that place i can go whenever I want to relax. Here's To a great 2020!

SeanasFox-decade-chal-2020.png

Love the pentacle!!! Where did you get it?

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Jon Nielsen said:

Love the eyes on the current av, where did you get them? Also love your individuality

Hi Jon, thank you for the compliment! About the eyes, my secret is : women's eyes 😊 (don't tell). You can get them inworld at TheSkinnery Mainstore : http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Fruitatious/137/113/24 Look for the Escape Eye Collection in the eye's dpt. Take care!

Edited by Nick Rhodes

I joined Dec'12 however the closest photo I can find is dated 2014. To my surprise, Starhaven Amazon & Jungle Roleplay still exists today which is awesome, so I wore the same outfit in both photos with the exception for my hair(skins, shape, etc all different of course).

225403997_sheree201420.thumb.png.a977ce60ebf8ce8044bb16499e06f337.png

Edited by LifeOfSheree
  • Like 8

Back then when they started with Mesh i didn't understand how to work it at all but now i'm getting the hang of it, sometimes i do wish to have prims back  i get upset everytime i can't edit a certain outfit that i'm wearing lol. I had to go way  back and find a old portfolio that i did  to get this picture on the right   HAPPY TEN YEARS SECONDLIFE... #DecadeChallenge #SecondlifeChallenge

CAFF1.png

Edited by Caffinelover Selona
  • Like 9

I started as a (very) tall, muscular guy, because I haven't any other mean of give to my avatar a particular feature. I decided to go bald because back in those time SL hairs really sucked. The handlebar mustache came because I wanted to step out of the typical "Don Johnson" drawn mustaches and beard of SL skins. I always liked fancy suits in white or other unusual colors. The final product was a guy who looked like a Victorian strongman/boxer, and since I was actually a regular on Steampunk/Victorian sims, it fit really well.

Ten years passed, and my avatar looks pretty much the same. Some improvements like better proportions, Niramyth Aesthetic mesh body, but still in fancy formal suits. The face looks older, and I actually like that, because maybe (just maybe) time passes for SL's avatars also.

Decade Challenge.png

Edited by Edwardian Halberstadt
  • Like 15

I actually don't have any pictures from 2010 - I was taking a break that year and only logged in a few times.  However, I have the last picture that I took in 2009 - my Christmas card photo, which I figure is close enough.  Then a shot I took today.

1575744471_2009XmasCard.jpg.21938030d4121b984db2f3dc43ea4457.jpg

Relaxing while building

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 15

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1257 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.