When Did it Become Acceptable to Bring Politic of Hate into SL?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 284 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 minute ago, RonsBallroom said:

And what has all that to do with men masquerading as women?

Excellent question. What do "pedos" and "furries" have to do with that?

Edited by Qie Niangao
"do" not "doe"
  • Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Politics in general has always been present within Second Life and like it or not, if it does not violate the ToS or CS then they will not take any action whatsoever. Furthermore even if they do take

I'm more suprised that you ever thought people would leave their opinions (and therefore also their political views) 'at the door' when entering SL. Why should they do that? You sound like someone won

In these last two days, I had encounters with Trump supporters who filled their profiles with hateful messages. Specifically, profile pictures showing gun violence, groups promoting lies that were dis

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, RonsBallroom said:

There's a hell of a lot of overlap between them, on SL and elsewhere online.

Yeah, well, a lot of them dance and play cards, too, and some of their womenfolk don't wear veils.

• Like 1
13 hours ago, RonsBallroom said:

You're not very bright, Beth.  If trans people just wanted to do their thing, nobody would care or interfere. But since you asked - 

What I'd really like to know, though, is how trans people affect your life in any way, shape, or form?

* Pushing through and agitating for laws that make it an imprisonable offence to 'misgender' someone - even if they have male genitals and a beard

* Targeting children (some as young as five) with trans propaganda and pushing the use of highly dangerous 'puberty blockers' as a 'normal' procedure

* Agitating for men to be allowed into rape crisis centres

* Agitating for men to be allowed into womens' prisons (where they -shock, horror - sexually assault female inmates)

* Agitating for men to be allowed into female restrooms (I'm not your dad or pathetic SL boyfriend, google incidents of this yourself)

* Physically attacking any feminists who question the above, and/or trying to get them fired from their jobs

* Destroying womens' sports by sending in 6 ft 1 testosterone-pumped dudes to thrash the REAL female opposition in cycling, running, MMA, etc

Nobody started on trans people, they started on us. Their scummy, aggressive tactics have turned many mild-mannered sympathizers into fierce opponents. Enjoy reaping the whirlwind you've sown in the next few years. 

The majority of trans people have nothing to do with the people in a particular extreme of politics who lobbied for those things. There are people out there who claim they represent the "trans community" or "voice" who just exploit them as a platform for stepping stones while ruining the image people have regarding trans people.

It's almost like as soon as the fight against same sex marriage was lost, people moved onto another minority it was still socially acceptable to ostracize, then got a bunch of idiotic talking points from Breitbart to get people to defend straw men.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
8 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

This is one of the most vile, fact-free, and hate-filled screeds I've seen here.

Those who have responded have done a pretty great job of refuting the transphobic "arguments" (to do them more dignity than they merit) that this poster has made.

The poster has exercised their "right to free speech" (although it seems unlikely that LL will agree that it's a "right" here), but maybe it's now time to let this bile putrify quietly in a corner until it gets mopped up by the forum caretakers? Perhaps we should, at this point, just starve this person of the attention they obviously crave.

And maybe, as this post represents a direct and particularly nasty attack on people who are actually members of this community, it would be a good thing to instead turn to affirmation, and let all of our trans and non-binary friends here know how important they are to us, and how much we value and support them.

They are very much a part of our SL, and our forum. It's important that they know that, especially in the face of this kind of bilious crap.

I agree, his post is vile.  But one of the most vile . . hate filled screeds you have read here?

Please take a moment and reread some of the posts in this thread ripping white men, conservatives, trumpers, capitalists, christians, et al.  Yes, the bilious crap.  

The OP was predicated on bilious crap.  What did you expect?  Hate begets hate, period.  And many have taken the opportunity to express theirs.  

• Haha 1
14 hours ago, RonsBallroom said:

You're not very bright, Beth.  If trans people just wanted to do their thing, nobody would care or interfere. But since you asked - 

What I'd really like to know, though, is how trans people affect your life in any way, shape, or form?

* Pushing through and agitating for laws that make it an imprisonable offence to 'misgender' someone - even if they have male genitals and a beard

* Targeting children (some as young as five) with trans propaganda and pushing the use of highly dangerous 'puberty blockers' as a 'normal' procedure

* Agitating for men to be allowed into rape crisis centres

* Agitating for men to be allowed into womens' prisons (where they -shock, horror - sexually assault female inmates)

* Agitating for men to be allowed into female restrooms (I'm not your dad or pathetic SL boyfriend, google incidents of this yourself)

* Physically attacking any feminists who question the above, and/or trying to get them fired from their jobs

* Destroying womens' sports by sending in 6 ft 1 testosterone-pumped dudes to thrash the REAL female opposition in cycling, running, MMA, etc

Nobody started on trans people, they started on us. Their scummy, aggressive tactics have turned many mild-mannered sympathizers into fierce opponents. Enjoy reaping the whirlwind you've sown in the next few years. 

You've got to stop taking your news from mad alt-right bros and Faux News boomers. Nothing you've posted is accurate. Sit the entire fork down. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, Storm Clarence said:

It was an issue with individuals and their individual opinions.

And those opinions are terrible and should be called out for being terrible. I'm not going to apologize for demonizing the right. Either they are Trumpers, or they are standing by twiddling their thumbs and allowing the Trumpers to destroy their party. Since they aren't doing anything to stop him, I've no choice but to believe they support him and his hateful ideology and are just too cowardly to say the words. 

• Like 3
7 hours ago, Chaser Zaks said:

Seeing as how this thread is still going, I'll drop a few more opinions in here.

To be blunt, both sides are biased and have formed their own echo chambers and refuse to listen to each other, resulting in no middle ground(I.E. my way or no way). If you think your side hasn't done this, you are part of the problem.

I rarely see anyone who is willing to actually discuss politics with the opposite side, hear each other out, and look for a middle ground, because both sides are too eager(I.E. too lazy to actually discuss and wants to win) to godwin and claim the other side is a nazi or a communist.

I'd say a good portion of this thread is a example of this. I've seen views from both sides and both sides are ready to call each other names instead of constructively criticizing the views.

Problem is people forget what true nazism is. You take one side, claim it is right without question, and remove the others or doubters. In this case it has reached a more digital approach, where if someone has the "wrong opinion"(both sides are guilty of this), mob mentality takes place and forces corporations to take action, often resulting in someone's livelihood being taken away faster than thanos snapping his fingers. This also results in them getting more extreme views and having hard time finding a job unless they can find a job with extreme views.

We are getting into a very, very dark place with politics and I hope more people can realize this before it is too late(if we haven't already crossed that line). Both sides are focused on "us vs them" instead of "everyone" lately. Even I am guilty of this and I try to stay centrist and see both sides of the argument. I'd be lying if I didn't have my own biases, I try to put them aside when deciding stuff but sometimes they get the better of me.

But centrists are hated by both sides because they support some views that the opposing side has, so ignore my words I guess lmao.

So both sides are still very fine people? 

Edited by Pamela Galli
Oops Beth beat me to it.
  • Like 3
3 hours ago, RonsBallroom said:

I

Ron, if you want to be taken seriously here you're going to have to explain the personal experiences which led to your hatred of transgender individuals.

I believe it's possible you initially did encounter a transgender person who was filled with hate -- they do exist -- no group of people is perfect. But there is no more 'evil' among this group than any other.
But by deciding all transgender people are bad and then PUBLICALLY making an issue of it you are becoming a magnet for those who are fighting for the cause of transgender rights. I've seen this happen so many times, related to various ostracized groups in society -- marginalized people find a place where the hatred is obvious and crystalized and take the opportunity to further their cause there -- because it's easier to do battle where the lines are obvious.

The way to solve all this is to, first, realize not all transgender people are bad....and then take that hateful message off your club advertisement.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Storm Clarence said:

Please take a moment and reread some of the posts in this thread ripping white men, conservatives, trumpers, capitalists, christians, et al.  Yes, the bilious crap.  

The straight, white, Christian male has ruled the U.S. for too long. It's time for minorities to have equal rights. 

Capitalism (without regulation) causes suffering in the world -- it deserves to be challenged.

Trump is a creep.

Edited by Luna Bliss
  • Like 4
1 hour ago, Storm Clarence said:

I agree, his post is vile.  But one of the most vile . . hate filled screeds you have read here?

The OP was predicated on bilious crap.  What did you expect?  Hate begets hate, period.  And many have taken the opportunity to express theirs.  

Oh, good. The white whine has begun to flow!

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Ron, if you want to be taken seriously here you're going to have to explain the personal experiences which led to your hatred of transgender individuals.

I believe it's possible you initially did encounter a transgender person who was filled with hate -- they do exist -- no group of people is perfect. But there is no more 'evil' among this group than any other.
But by deciding all transgender people are bad and then PUBLICALLY making an issue of it you are becoming a magnet for those who are fighting for the cause of transgender rights. I've seen this happen so many times, related to various ostracized groups in society -- marginalized people find a place where the hatred is obvious and crystalized and take the opportunity to further their cause there -- because it's easier to do battle where the lines are obvious.

The way to solve all this is to, first, realize not all transgender people are bad....and then take that hateful message off your club advertisement.

I doubt you'll even listen, you've already made up your mind about what I think and that I'm some pro-Trump nazi, but I actually don't hate trans people. I hate the fact they're encouraged to mutilate themselves (both sexes) and I really despise the 'allies' who egg them on but won't suffer the consequences (including excrutiating pain, permanent open wounds, etc) themselves. And as I mentioned, if trans people wanted to do their pwn thing without dragging everyone else into it, I wouldn't care less. But they haven't, and it's a pointless cultural battle that they shouldn't have picked. People are now turning against the propaganda and resisting being told to call hes "shes" and that they're evil, privileged 'cis' oppressors for pointing out that there are two sexes.

Welp, it's time to lock this thread.

I want to thank everyone who have engaged in civil discussions on this thread, however as things are getting heated and have crossed a line we will be closing this thread.

If you would like to continue discussing any of the topics brought up in this thread I would encourage you all to do so in-world or through any other appropriate outlets for these discussions.

And remember

giphy.gif

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 1
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 284 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.