When Did it Become Acceptable to Bring Politic of Hate into SL?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1560 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

According to dear, dead Rog, it isn't so much that tobacco isn't unhealthy, it's that there are so many things that are so much more unhealthy. Things like homosexuality, atheism, and divorce. 

Of course, he provides no statistics or sources while claiming all of these things are factually proven.

It's always somewhat amusing to me when I read about conservatives like him who rail against the "nanny" state and liberal governments telling people what they can and cannot do, and all these evil regulations when people should have MOAR FREEDOMS unless, of course, you're a woman who wants body autonomy and the freedom to make her own decisions regarding her reproductive health, or a homosexual couple who wishes to be married and be afforded the same rights and privileges heterosexual married couples receive, or an atheist who doesn't want their child shamed into praying in school, or a black man who wants to be able to walk down the street without being harassed by the police for the crime of walking while black, or any number of things that affect people who aren't white, heterosexual Christian males. 

It's not that conservatives believe what they believe, though their beliefs are horrible. It's the sheer hypocrisy of them. They want the freedom to make their own choices, but at the same time want to deny those same freedoms to others. 

There's no reasoning with them. When they get any push back, they resort to behavior like Roger, or Ron, or Donald, or Tucker, or Sean, or Ann, or Mitch, or Rush, or Glenn, or... the list is endless, really. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Tolya Ugajin said:

Without browsing through what I am sure are excellent articles - did he ever once claim smoking is NOT harmful?  I'm doubting it, but you're free to clip and paste a quote from any of your sources where he does so.  If not, then perhaps you can post whatever "facts" ge was not truthful about?  I'm doubting you can do that, either, but feel free to prove me wrong.

From what I gathered from reading a bit of his pamphlet is not that he's claiming smoking isn't harmful, but the WHO shouldn't be telling people about it. That's a bit of a distinction without a difference.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tolya Ugajin said:

did he ever once claim smoking is NOT harmful?  I'm doubting it, but you're free to clip and paste a quote from any of your sources where he does so.  If not, then perhaps you can post whatever "facts" ge was not truthful about?  I'm doubting you can do that, either, but feel free to prove me wrong.

If, on the other hand, he was expressing his own beliefs, such as that people should be free to engage in habits or hobbies that may be harmful to their health (such as drinking or football, both very legal), then what you're really doing is calling him a "creep" merely because you disagree with his politics. 

Sure, it's a legitimate concern -- what role should the government play in protecting citizens from harmful substances or activities. But given all the evidence, instead of embodying the role of a "leading intellectual on the Right" that he liked to pass himself off as, it appears he was really just a grimy hack for the tobacco industry. His association with them for years, and the fact that he pulled in 100k a year for promoting them, is all the info I need to make that assessment.

I doubt he ever said "oh tobacco is just great for your health", but he downplayed the dangers by comparing tobacco with other substances/activities he deemed harmful. (He advised Japan Tobacco to shift the onus onto health risks posed by other products and activities such as fast food and homosexuality).

Creep...yes.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

It's not that conservatives believe what they believe, though their beliefs are horrible. It's the sheer hypocrisy of them. They want the freedom to make their own choices, but at the same time want to deny those same freedoms to others. 

Yes, and the intellectual conservatives (especially wealthy ones) dupe the less-educated ones (often living in the South) by appealing to people's general desire to be free.  
"The gobernment want to take away maaa freeeedom"!

I'm afraid that freedom only extends to their way of life though -- the world where the straight, white, male reigned -- make America GREAT again.

• Like 2

You're not very bright, Beth.  If trans people just wanted to do their thing, nobody would care or interfere. But since you asked - 

What I'd really like to know, though, is how trans people affect your life in any way, shape, or form?

* Pushing through and agitating for laws that make it an imprisonable offence to 'misgender' someone - even if they have male genitals and a beard

* Targeting children (some as young as five) with trans propaganda and pushing the use of highly dangerous 'puberty blockers' as a 'normal' procedure

* Agitating for men to be allowed into rape crisis centres

* Agitating for men to be allowed into womens' prisons (where they -shock, horror - sexually assault female inmates)

* Agitating for men to be allowed into female restrooms (I'm not your dad or pathetic SL boyfriend, google incidents of this yourself)

* Physically attacking any feminists who question the above, and/or trying to get them fired from their jobs

* Destroying womens' sports by sending in 6 ft 1 testosterone-pumped dudes to thrash the REAL female opposition in cycling, running, MMA, etc

Nobody started on trans people, they started on us. Their scummy, aggressive tactics have turned many mild-mannered sympathizers into fierce opponents. Enjoy reaping the whirlwind you've sown in the next few years. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, RonsBallroom said:

You're not very bright, Beth.  If trans people just wanted to do their thing, nobody would care or interfere. But since you asked - 

What I'd really like to know, though, is how trans people affect your life in any way, shape, or form?

* Pushing through and agitating for laws that make it an imprisonable offence to 'misgender' someone - even if they have male genitals and a beard

. . .

Nobody started on trans people, they started on us. Their scummy, aggressive tactics have turned many mild-mannered sympathizers into fierce opponents. Enjoy reaping the whirlwind you've sown in the next few years. 

RB, Beth stated in this forum notsolong ago that she had an IQ of ~140.  I have no reason not to believe her, ergo I am not so sure she isn't bright.  However, politics clouds many a mind. 

While I understand what you wrote above I think it would be insane to paint the whole trans community with this brushstroke.  Yes, there are fanatics, but it is not the whole.  Every 'belief' has its fanatics.   It ain't worth the fight because within the norms of today we have gender politicking with PC intersectionality that judges not someone on their strength of character but their sexual preferences or party affiliation.  You are wrong just because you argue outside of gender politicking and not within the norms of PC. 

Are you a fanatic?  Is it either your way or no way?  Just asking. 

Edited by Storm Clarence

* Targeting children (some as young as five) with trans propaganda and pushing the use of highly dangerous 'puberty blockers' as a 'normal' procedure

* Agitating for men to be allowed into womens' prisons (where they -shock, horror - sexually assault female inmates)

* Agitating for men to be allowed into female restrooms (I'm not your dad or pathetic SL boyfriend, google incidents of this yourself)

* Physically attacking any feminists who question the above, and/or trying to get them fired from their jobs

* Destroying womens' sports by sending in 6 ft 1 testosterone-pumped dudes to thrash the REAL female opposition in cycling, running, MMA, etc

you don't actually care about these things though. you only want to pretend you do because you hate trans people. you don't care about womens sports, you don't even think women should be allowed to play sports. You don't care about women getting raped, you think its funny.  stop pretending to care about issues because you can now warp them for your agenda. you're a sick human being.

• Thanks 1

Ron, I am not aware of any US law that will result in prison time for misgendering.  There are laws that provide fines, but so far they are limited to health care settings, and even those are clearly not directed at accidental misgendering.  Can you cite one such law with prison time as a serious option?

Your next 3 points - I tend to think these have been blown out of proportion by far right news sources.  Perhaps you can cite multiple examples of each?

As a father of 2 daughters, I can somewhat relate to the bathroom concern, but, I must point out, anything you're worried the trans (or person faking being trans) would do in there (flashing, sexual assault, etc.) is already illegal.  It's somewhat odd to see someone on the right wanting to make things illegal so that people cannot do something that is already illegal.  In fact, that's one of the most common arguments against gun control, so it comes off a tad hypocritical to use in this instance.  I was worried about such things even before "trans" was on the public radar - but simply because any guy could get into a women's room and do those things to my daughter - and those things DID happen back then.  I overcame my concern by teaching them to scream and they didn't go into a bathroom without me by the door until they were old enough to learn to throat punch, eye gouge, and deliver a knee or a cute little toe to the groin.

Your next point - well, the left is always eating their own.  Why is this different?

You have a definite point on the last one, and I suspect eventually sports organizations will develop a reasonable solution.

All in all, the "mild mannered" people turning into fierce opponents are overreacting and letting their "ewww gross he wants to cut off his schlong" emotional reactions get the better of them.

1 hour ago, Beth Macbain said:

Dear god... not the agitating!!

Is Glenn Beck writing your posts for you? Are you Glenn Beck? Are there transsexual frogs involved?

Answers, man, answers!

... hands Ron a tinfoil hat...

Wait, aren't all frogs trans?  It was in Jurassic Park, so it's settled science, right?

This is one of the most vile, fact-free, and hate-filled screeds I've seen here.

Those who have responded have done a pretty great job of refuting the transphobic "arguments" (to do them more dignity than they merit) that this poster has made.

The poster has exercised their "right to free speech" (although it seems unlikely that LL will agree that it's a "right" here), but maybe it's now time to let this bile putrify quietly in a corner until it gets mopped up by the forum caretakers? Perhaps we should, at this point, just starve this person of the attention they obviously crave.

And maybe, as this post represents a direct and particularly nasty attack on people who are actually members of this community, it would be a good thing to instead turn to affirmation, and let all of our trans and non-binary friends here know how important they are to us, and how much we value and support them.

They are very much a part of our SL, and our forum. It's important that they know that, especially in the face of this kind of bilious crap.

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
  • Like 6

My last 2 cents. 

Suicide cannot be prevented. It's a (regrettable) choice which ultimately you only require to accept. 

Transition is not yet where it should be. I'll welcome progress, but it will take a long time before a man can physically transform completely into a woman and vice versa. That is a fact pretransitionals ought to be fully aware of before the transition. It's a tough road ahead. Any fully transitioned person will affirm. 

I agree they are brave pioneers of human kind and they have my support. 

I will not be compelled to speech however by legislation..

I can be asked. 

Out before the lock. 

Edited by TDD123

Seeing as how this thread is still going, I'll drop a few more opinions in here.

To be blunt, both sides are biased and have formed their own echo chambers and refuse to listen to each other, resulting in no middle ground(I.E. my way or no way). If you think your side hasn't done this, you are part of the problem.

I rarely see anyone who is willing to actually discuss politics with the opposite side, hear each other out, and look for a middle ground, because both sides are too eager(I.E. too lazy to actually discuss and wants to win) to godwin and claim the other side is a nazi or a communist.

I'd say a good portion of this thread is a example of this. I've seen views from both sides and both sides are ready to call each other names instead of constructively criticizing the views.

Problem is people forget what true nazism is. You take one side, claim it is right without question, and remove the others or doubters. In this case it has reached a more digital approach, where if someone has the "wrong opinion"(both sides are guilty of this), mob mentality takes place and forces corporations to take action, often resulting in someone's livelihood being taken away faster than thanos snapping his fingers. This also results in them getting more extreme views and having hard time finding a job unless they can find a job with extreme views.

We are getting into a very, very dark place with politics and I hope more people can realize this before it is too late(if we haven't already crossed that line). Both sides are focused on "us vs them" instead of "everyone" lately. Even I am guilty of this and I try to stay centrist and see both sides of the argument. I'd be lying if I didn't have my own biases, I try to put them aside when deciding stuff but sometimes they get the better of me.

But centrists are hated by both sides because they support some views that the opposing side has, so ignore my words I guess lmao.

Edited by Chaser Zaks
  • Like 4

10 hours ago, RonsBallroom said:

On 7/27/2018 at 9:51 AM, RonsBallroom said:

RONS BALLROOM IS LOOKING FOR STAFF - WE WILL BE THE BEST CLUB ON SL, BAR NONE.

THE FOLLOWING POSITIONS ARE OPEN - PLEASE NOTE YOU MUST BE 1) IN HUMAN FORM (NO FURRY, ELF, DRAGONN, ETC) 2) RL GENDER-VERIFIABLE ON MIC. IF YOU CANNOT DO THESE - DO NOT APPLY!! THERE WILL BE A VOICE MIC TEST, DON'T WASTE OUR TIME BY TRYING TO SNEAK YOUR WRONG-GENDER AVATAR THROUGH!!!

It sure looks like somebody had a... ahem.... virtual encounter with someone who's RL plumbing wasn't what he was expecting. Occam's Razor, people...

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Tolya Ugajin said:

Your next 3 points - I tend to think these have been blown out of proportion by far right news sources.  Perhaps you can cite multiple examples of each

I don't have the time to post multiple links, but you can easily find examples online. Here's one example, from that notorious far right news source Pink News: https://www.pinknews.co.uk/2019/08/30/a-shelter-excludes-trans-women-getting-vandalised/

17 minutes ago, RonsBallroom said:

Don't project your twisted fantasies onto me.

Kind of figures you'd write this garbage, given the overlap between trannies, pedos and furries.

Much earlier you let the cat out of the bag that this is all performative -- pure trolling for effect -- but nobody picked up on it and I'll let it slide a while longer just for the entertainment value. But it's curious which tropes you've latched onto and which are still unclaimed. Here are a few examples of things to which you might object, or which you might label vicious caricatures of your precious beliefs. Let's see which is which:

• Homosexuality
  • Mixed-race couples
  • Extra-marital sex
  • Marriage not arranged by parents
  • Marriage not blessed by a religious or other leader
  • Co-ed dorms
  • Co-ed schools
  • Dancing
  • Playing cards
  • Females not wearing hats in church
  • Females not wearing hats in public
  • Females not wearing veils in public
  • Females not wearing burqas
  • Females driving

Any of those problematic for you? Any of them seem like they're making fun of you? Why do you think they're different from the others?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Qie Niangao said:

Trolling = disagreeing with biologically impossible claptrap.

Since you ask:

• Homosexuality - Couldn't care less - just leave kids out of it
  • Mixed-race couples - Live and let live
  • Extra-marital sex - Try before you buy
  • Marriage not arranged by parents - I'm not a Muslim, no comment
  • Marriage not blessed by a religious or other leader - Whatever
  • Co-ed dorms - No opinion
  • Co-ed schools - Probably better to mix
  • Dancing - Not if it's SNF-style
  • Playing cards - No opinion, though if you have a gambling problem, seek help
  • Females not wearing hats in church - No opinion
  • Females not wearing hats in public - Depends on the state of their hair
  • Females not wearing veils in public - See answer 4
  • Females not wearing burqas - Ditto
  • Females driving - Insert mandatory woman drivers joke.

And what has all that to do with men masquerading as women?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1560 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.