Jump to content

Marketplace filters added


You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 645 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Lisa006 Baxton said:

Being able to filter out Demo Items and Limited Quantities will definitely make shopping the marketplace more enjoyable! I'm pretty sure these are brand new filters added today or am I late on this? Anywho, I look forward to more marketplace improvements!

c7ccc016d577cb9577f7416da41ae7f7.png

ehm.. wasn't that there ?

Edited by Alwin Alcott
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Lisa006 Baxton said:

Being able to filter out Demo Items and Limited Quantities will definitely make shopping the marketplace more enjoyable! I'm pretty sure these are brand new filters added today or am I late on this? Anywho, I look forward to more marketplace improvements!

c7ccc016d577cb9577f7416da41ae7f7.png

Permissions has always been there. 

This is the first time I've ever seen the "Do not show" so that is new.

 

ETA: It's a start. Now they need to add gachas to the "Do not show".

Edited by Selene Gregoire
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

Are you sure?  I have never seen/noticed the tick boxes for limited and demo before 

This!

Just now, animats said:

Now for a "has inworld store that actually exists" checkbox.

Yes, or a "Don't bother with Demo" link that leads to a missing listing and just reloads the MP home page.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

ETA: It's a start. Now they need to add gachas to the "Do not show".

Gachas are covered by the "Limited Quantities" filter. I suspect that's the main intention of it being introduced I think. Or put another way - that's probably the best you're going to get!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, wesleytron said:

Gachas are covered by the "Limited Quantities" filter. I suspect that's the main intention of it being introduced I think. Or put another way - that's probably the best you're going to get!

And if you want to see limited items but not gachas then you are screwed. Gachas need to be seperate.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Emma Krokus said:

I just checked for Womens Apparel at L$0 - filtered for no demo... still tons of them with "demo" in the item name...

So how are they going to get sorted correctly? Flagging?

I'm guessing that there is a separate way of designating a Demo - like the listings that have "get the full version" under the price.   The ones that I see showing up do not have that link so maybe they didn't click some sort of 'Demo' flag? 

I don't have an MP store, so not totally sure about that guess.

 

After a bit of testing, that does appear to be the case.  Is it an MP rule to flag Demos as such?  If so, then items could be flagged - though flagging items is time consuming and doesn't always work well.

 

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, Emma Krokus said:

So how are they going to get sorted correctly? Flagging?

Yes, probably.

  

20 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I'm guessing that there is a separate way of designating a Demo - like the listings that have "get the full version" under the price.

I think that info is incldued in the entry for the full version and not in the demo entry. Theoretically, it would still be possible to use that data to filter of course but I'm afraid that's too much to ask for from a search engine as crude as MP's.

Edited by ChinRey
Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

And if you want to see limited items but not gachas then you are screwed. Gachas need to be seperate.

Gachas already have their own top-level category, and there are already other ways of filtering out gachas in your search results (using NOT in your search criteria). What else could be done? How do you define a 'gacha' short of having a category for it and enforcing a 'limited quantity' rule to listings?*

It seems most methods would rely on users selecting the correct definitions themselves, which is clearly a problem (or having a category for Gacha would have solved everything already). To me this seems the best method available, because as far as I am aware seller don't have the option to not define their gacha items as limited quantity, and it means the issue has got fixed overnight. All those gachas which are listed as 'limited quantity' no longer list in your search results if you apply the filter.

I'd say the problem you are highlighting is not as great as the one it solves. For MOST people most of the time it will probably filter out all those annoying gacha results in their searches.

*I concede that I have no store so I have never added a Marketplace listing, so I am just presuming that it is not possible to upload a one-off single item as anything but 'limited quantity'.

Edited by wesleytron
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Kimmi Zehetbauer said:

Now we need a tick box for Mesh and Non-Mesh.

Tick boxes rely on sellers ticking them! Which is arguably why we have some of the issues we have now...

Also, what is 'non-mesh'? Prims and its derivatives? Classic clothing layers? Textures? Do we need to divide 'non-mesh' into a big list of further tick boxes?!

Besides, if you mean 'made from prims' then many non-mesh items are old. How do you retrospectively apply such a categorisation to those items without the seller updating each thing individually?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I didn't know anybody sold limited number items that were not Gachas.  Interesting.

I remember seeing some "exclusive" and "semi-exclusive" FP templates in limited quantities. They did look mediocre at best and price was way too high, so no idea if it's just greedy people trying to play the exclusivity card, like "go grab it fast while supply last!" or it's a real deal, though. Probably the former.

I also seen some limited quantities promo sales, where only first X items would be for promo price, then it would became normal one. But both of those cases are very rare from my experience, so I say it's for greater good and next time big gacha event happens it won't turn into pages and pages of same items if you sort out by newest items first.

P. S.

LL, next please add the "blacklist", which would completely hide all results from the store on that list from showing in search. There are quite a few stores that I'd like to add to that list, mostly ones that put out unreal amount (often 100+ listings in a row) of low quality items that we have to scroll through.

Edited by steeljane42
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I didn't know anybody sold limited number items that were not Gachas.  Interesting.

Some creators create 'limited edition' products that could be anything from just one available or, say, 500 copies and then they are gone - and @Selene Gregoire is right when she says that the 'Limited Quantity' option will filter out those items as well.

Some full-perm products also get offered in limited quantities (ETA: As @steeljane42 just said).

Edited by wesleytron
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I didn't know anybody sold limited number items that were not Gachas.  Interesting.

SL stores have been selling limited number items for more than 10 years that I know of. Even run across them on the MP from time to time.

Edited by Selene Gregoire
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, wesleytron said:

Gachas already have their own top-level category, and there are already other ways of filtering out gachas in your search results (using NOT in your search criteria). What else could be done? How do you define a 'gacha' short of having a category for it and enforcing a 'limited quantity' rule to listings?*

It seems most methods would rely on users selecting the correct definitions themselves, which is clearly a problem (or having a category for Gacha would have solved everything already). To me this seems the best method available, because as far as I am aware seller don't have the option to not define their gacha items as limited quantity, and it means the issue has got fixed overnight. All those gachas which are listed as 'limited quantity' no longer list in your search results if you apply the filter.

I'd say the problem you are highlighting is not as great as the one it solves. For MOST people most of the time it will probably filter out all those annoying gacha results in their searches.

*I concede that I have no store so I have never added a Marketplace listing, so I am just presuming that it is not possible to upload a one-off single item as anything but 'limited quantity'.

You are completely forgetting that no copy means only one (gachas are no copy) so there is no need to set a limit on a no copy item. Limited quantity items are not the same thing as no copy. 

I want to see limited items and not gachas so if I check that box to eliminate gachas, I'm also eliminating the items I do want to see. 

This is supposed to make things easier and better for the consumer (and LL). If I have to go check off boxes in different places to get the results I'm after then it is not easier or better. It becomes even more time consuming and confusing than it already is which is what LL is supposed to be trying to fix.

Edited by Selene Gregoire
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, wesleytron said:

Tick boxes rely on sellers ticking them! Which is arguably why we have some of the issues we have now...

Also, what is 'non-mesh'? Prims and its derivatives? Classic clothing layers? Textures? Do we need to divide 'non-mesh' into a big list of further tick boxes?!

Besides, if you mean 'made from prims' then many non-mesh items are old. How do you retrospectively apply such a categorisation to those items without the seller updating each thing individually?

I was relating to non-mesh clothing.  But probably get more complicated adding those....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Limited Quantities filter was requested to filter gachas since listers apparently don't use the Gacha category.

At the same time, using it allows people to still see normal no-copy listings.

There probably is no magic combination of filters that will satisfy everyone's needs.

Another big addition no one is commenting on is that on listings for things you have bought or have been gifted there are now links in the dates that take you directly to the order or the invoice so you can redeliver from there instead of having to wait on order search to finish and even then sometimes search cannot find what you're looking for.

Thanks LL for the Limited Quantities filter. It makes my searching of "Animesh" listings less of a pain.

Edited by Lucia Nightfire
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 645 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...