Confined to one spot regardless of the sim. HELP!

Rayn3B3aux

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1542 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello everyone-

This is  the first time I experience this issue that occurred last night. All of a sudden my avatar was transported to the fencing enclosing my particular plot. So I figured it was regional issue, however, I tp'd to other sims and I experienced the same problem. I keep being confined to one spot. If I try to move by sitting on objects, as soon as I stand up, I get tp'd back to that particular spot. I checked my statistics and my packet loss is at 0% and ping between 50- 90 ms. I even reset my modem and router, still the issue persists. Clearly it is isn't my internet due to the results from speed test. My computer is only a year old and it is a gaming pc, so it can handle. I will mention that I experience the issue on laptop last night and it seems to have persisted because I am experiencing the same issue on my pc.

Also, I disabled move-lock and still  no resolution. Is there someone who can help? I am on the verge of giving up on sl for good because of this (maybe).

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Rayn3B3aux
grammar

I haven't heard of an issue like this before, but you don't happen to have RLV turned on in your viewer, do you?  If you do, perhaps it is some type of RLV restriction?  If you're not using the LL viewer, you could download that viewer to check to see if the problem still persists. 

I can imagine a couple of ways to script an attachment to do that.  It would be a very annoying griefer object, so I would never do it, but I suspect it wouldn't be all that hard.  Check your av for any unexpected attachments and any scripts that you didn't think you were wearing -- perhaps in something you bought or were given recently.

Rayn, suggest that you test this on the Linden viewer and with a new resident starter avatar. Doing this will help to eliminate possible causes

like with the Linden viewer there is no RLV, so if doesn't happen on this viewer we can rule out any kind of RLV activity

with a brand new starter avatar we can rule out any other kind of scripted attachment we got from some one else

with Linden viewer and brand new starter avatar then:

- teleport to a Linden Welcome Area region. If it happens on the Linden region then is something wonky with your viewer installation

- if it doesn't happen at the Welcome Area but happens on your home region then is either: some script on the region which has acquired your teleport permission, or is some invisible physical object which is sweeping you

if nothing happens with Linden Viewer and new starter avatar at home or elsewhere, then the culprit is some attachment you are wearing on your normal dressed self

when so then login on the Linden viewer on your normal dressed self, and take off each attachment until you isolate the one that is moving you

a thought, as it seems to happen on any region on your normal dressed self then the culprit is pretty much a scripted attachment you are wearing

while we can end up wearing these scripts thru a grief, sometimes more often, a friend gives us a scripted teleporter attachment that whisks us automagically to a location on their own region when we wear it. And what the script doesn't do is check for the region name before doing this. Our friend who wrote the script didn't anticipate that we might be wearing their teleporter on a region other than theirs

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1542 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.