Looking for an Asian skin and shape (new here as well so i might get terms wrong.)

CosmicKat2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 939 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2 hours ago, CosmicKat2 said:

So I'm looking for an Asian female avatar shape or skin well both really that does not look super anime. 

This is Amelia Bronze:

3266ddfc663234b95d2866e65c64a05a.jpg

46f054da5ae5fb8c2d91ab61e4d0ef6b.jpg

Not sure if it's still sold in SL. It was from "stephanie fishnet". It was my old choice.

This, what I use now; is Pink Fuel's Hazel skin and 'Minji' head skin:

9bb7e94800747f7f381268814421a514.jpg

7ba8c80d5ca23a3ed834d4a1432bf9ec.jpg

f34c66c4c7cd00dd1b6a590ddaee3a5f.jpg

The head is Catwa's Kittia which allows for the larger eyes, fuller lips, and broader nose many Asians have.

The shape is my own adjusting of the dials.

Edited by Pussycat Catnap
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Lol erm as an Asian woman myself I don't actually know what to say here haha but to put it nicely what you are showing and saying there is Blasian...at best. Slanting eyes and making them huge is not Asian and plumbing the lips isn't either. XD

Small eyes, smaller lips xD our eyes seem bigger sometimes when using circle lenses. But this up there is a comic face ^ ^

@OP Catwa heads in general are not good to get where you want. When you want real asian face. Try playing with bitsy heads if you are not good at finding skins and shapes they are awesome.

The genus heads are much more what you are looking for I would go and demo alot of skins cause that way you can see if you like the head and skin combination. And maybe Google some real "asian" faces to know what you are wanting to go for. 

Edited by Gwin LeShelle
  • Like 6

11 hours ago, CosmicKat2 said:

So I'm looking for an Asian female avatar shape or skin well both really that does not look super anime. 

Have you checked Mudskin or Pink Fuel?

Check this flickr page too, it might give you some ideas: 

!!NEW!! Michiko “Genus” Applier

Edited by Elena Core
typos
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/6/2020 at 12:52 AM, Gwin LeShelle said:

The genus heads are much more what you are looking for I would go and demo alot of skins cause that way you can see if you like the head and skin combination. And maybe Google some real "asian" faces to know what you are wanting to go for. 

On 1/5/2020 at 2:50 PM, CosmicKat2 said:

Which nationality of Asian do you want? In RL we can often make a good guess by facial features alone, whether Korean, Japanese, Chinese, South-Asian and so on. As @Gwin LeShelle suggests, the Genus is the best all-around head for a good asian look. This is a picture on me Genus Classic with Sessions "Akira" (Asian face) skin:

Feng Shui 01

This ones also GENUS BABY-FACE head, with Session *non-asian* face BOM skin:

Genus Classic-Session

If you want a more "pure" Asian look, this is with my Genesis Lena head and the Genesis FEI skin (which leans Chinese) - Ironically, it's still my favorite look:

Tatakaka Native

There also is a great Japanese-leaning face there at Genesis as well (and YES< they do look different and very accurate in terms of features, including the flatter face profile that is near impossible with all other heads.) Most facial AO work great with Genesis and Genus head, including Chrysanthemum and Vista facial AO - for Chrysanthemum, just choose "Catwa" version.

The most important thing to do is DEMO HEADS, DEMO SKINS. Don;t rush it, spend a day and grab all you can find, then spend another day and try on all demos. Take snapshots from the front, profile, and 2/4 views - of each and every one. Then, by a process of elimination, whittle your choices down to  combination. :)

EDIT to add: I've also just conformed: The Vista Facial AO for GENUS works great on Genesis head. And I checked their store this morning, they also have System Layer version os their body skins, so you can use Bakes on mesh for your body. It is enough that I put my Feinsteins Genesis head back on. :D

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 3

17 hours ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

This is Amelia Bronze:

3266ddfc663234b95d2866e65c64a05a.jpg

46f054da5ae5fb8c2d91ab61e4d0ef6b.jpg

Not sure if it's still sold in SL. It was from "stephanie fishnet". It was my old choice.

This, what I use now; is Pink Fuel's Hazel skin and 'Minji' head skin:

9bb7e94800747f7f381268814421a514.jpg

7ba8c80d5ca23a3ed834d4a1432bf9ec.jpg

f34c66c4c7cd00dd1b6a590ddaee3a5f.jpg

The head is Catwa's Kittia which allows for the larger eyes, fuller lips, and broader nose many Asians have.

The shape is my own adjusting of the dials.

Lmao! this doesn't look Asian at all. It looks like a Lilo and Stitch bootleg.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, Gwin LeShelle said:

Lol erm as an Asian woman myself I don't actually know what to say here haha but to put it nicely what you are showing and saying there is Blasian...at best. Slanting eyes and making them huge is not Asian and plumbing the lips isn't either. XD

I suppose that is a matter of where in Asia one is from.

While I am part Chinese, I am more used to Koreans - and they do have those larger eyes and fuller lips features. Catwa and Pink Fuel do make them a bit toonish, but the direction is right.

I agree Catwa is a bit cartoonish. But I find the other heads too far in the other extreme for Asian looks - they look either 'harsh' in features or Japanese specific.

Edited by Pussycat Catnap

1 hour ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

I suppose that is a matter of where in Asia one is from.

While I am part Chinese, I am more used to Koreans - and they do have those larger eyes and fuller lips features. Catwa and Pink Fuel do make them a bit toonish, but the direction is right.

I agree Catwa is a bit cartoonish. But I find the other heads too far in the other extreme for Asian looks - they look either 'harsh' in features or Japanese specific.

Simple put? No.

Are you talking of real Korean girls or idols? Thats two different things and much of it is done with makeup and worse.

And your shape up there is NOTHING asian it's really more like bratzdoll or like the Lilo and stitch bootleg someone mentioned and that's not the skins fault!

Kittia is just not Asian at all I own her too...you said Fuller lips and bigger eyes ok if you like it but your shape up there has nothing to do with Fuller or bigger it's damn huge eyes and some really serious Kardashian like lip plumping. 

No one looks like that. And since she was asking for realistic she should really go with some other suggestions made here. Your shape might be dear to you of course it is but it is NOT at all asian and far from realistic in general and no thats not personal in any way.

Edited by Gwin LeShelle
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

and where's your suggestion? .. a bit cold to flame someone else who tries to help, without giving better advice yourself.

I concur with this. This should be a let's-help-each-other thread, not a debate thread about Asian features.

@momomoonusagi and @Shaeloni - are those skins (or more specifically, those creators) offering in System Layer version or inclusions? I ask because Bakes on Mesh is very fast becoming a thing.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Alyona Su said:

I concur with this. This should be a let's-help-each-other thread, not a debate thread about Asian features.

@momomoonusagi and @Shaeloni - are those skins (or more specifically, those creators) offering in System Layer version or inclusions? I ask because Bakes on Mesh is very fast becoming a thing.

I don't believe the ones I recommended are available in BOM. I own the first one I suggested, but I got it a long time ago and it only had appliers then. I don't recall receiving an update with BOM layers.

It's totally possible there are BOM layers now with Tres Beau skins, but I couldn't honestly tell you. I personally use Pepe skins and just remembered Tres Beau. 

(And now that I think about it, Pepe has some Asian skins too with her V1 and V0 skins. >< )

8 minutes ago, momomoonusagi said:

I don't believe the ones I recommended are available in BOM. I own the first one I suggested, but I got it a long time ago and it only had appliers then. I don't recall receiving an update with BOM layers.

It's totally possible there are BOM layers now with Tres Beau skins, but I couldn't honestly tell you. I personally use Pepe skins and just remembered Tres Beau. 

(And now that I think about it, Pepe has some Asian skins too with her V1 and V0 skins. >< )

Yes, I've had the Pepe CAMI skin since it's first introduction. Though I've gone BOM on my body, so unless Pepe releases system layered body skins, I'll stick with the newest Sessions Akira skin I have (though the Cami is my favorite). It's difficult to find a really good accurate, well-done Asian face in skins. So this could prove to be a very helpful thread for all of us. As for whatever it is Pepe is doing: I'm confused; half her skins are no longer available and all her body skins removed from MP and in-world store. Just not sure what's going on there.

48 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

Yes, I've had the Pepe CAMI skin since it's first introduction. Though I've gone BOM on my body, so unless Pepe releases system layered body skins, I'll stick with the newest Sessions Akira skin I have (though the Cami is my favorite). It's difficult to find a really good accurate, well-done Asian face in skins. So this could prove to be a very helpful thread for all of us. As for whatever it is Pepe is doing: I'm confused; half her skins are no longer available and all her body skins removed from MP and in-world store. Just not sure what's going on there.

Pepe seems to have made a shift to pushing her latest skin, which has a 'Chubby' appearance, referenced as Curvy V2, I think. It's in beta release at the moment and it has BOM layers for the body and if you purchase now you get a 'complimentory head skin for Genus' that is an applier...n_n

(why it's not BOM as well I have no earthly idea and think it was kinda silly because ya got the body in there. -.- maybe because Genus hadn't released BOM yet, but still. U: Can't complain too much myself, I guess. I use the head skin and love it. ><)

Unfortunately she changed her skin tone pallet up with V2 and all original tones got noticeably darker. Supposedly she's reverting colors back to the old series or making the current ones lighter, eventually...supposidly...n.n

I'm sure it was to help give the detail that's in the new skins to them, but none of her older head skins match the new ones now. -.-

As for her older body skins, I think if you purchase the head skins the body appliers are suppose to be in there with the head skin purchase for skins V0 and V1? I could be wrong, but I know she has some small text signs in random places throughout the store that reference where the older body skins are. 

I'm unsure if her older skins got or are getting BOM updates since her biggest focus seems to be the Curvy skin right now and producing head skins to match it. >< I personally really loved her Yaya face skin. ._.

ANYWUT.

I totally agree that this thread could be an awesome place to keep track of some of the newer Asian-esq skin releases. Or an inspiration for a thread that for sure keeps up with that topic. U: 

Edited by momomoonusagi

35 minutes ago, momomoonusagi said:

(why it's not BOM as well I have no earthly idea and think it was kinda silly because ya got the body in there. -.- maybe because Genus hadn't released BOM yet, but still. U: Can't complain too much myself, I guess. I use the head skin and love it. ><)

Genus has released an official Genus BOM applier for their heads. Check group notices and grab it. I imagine there is a vendor in Genus Project store by now, it may even now be included in the boxes. I received if for my Genus Classic and and on my alt with Genus Baby-face. As I describe in my OC above - I'm still using applier on head on this account because the Session Akira face skin is not BOM (Applier only) and I purchased the BOM Body Skins package from them - seamless neck with BOM body and applier head.

On my alt I am using Legacy and Genus  -  both head and body are fully BOM (the headshot in my OC) - and that is a new Sessions skin the is 100% BOM (Full body, head-to-toe, system layer only.) I have the niggling feeling Pepe will not be upgrading any of her existing skins, much less do what Sessions and Deetalez are doing.

This is why I was asking about the others. Creator discovery is always interesting, so I plan to investigate the examples you show above. :)

• Thanks 1

Tres Beau has some beautiful Catwa Asian skins as well as Genus. Some of the skins come with shapes.

Amara Beauty has some pretty Asian skins for Catwa and Genus.  They use their shape set for these.  One of the newest for Catwa is Jia.    In the back of the store,there are a couple older skins that have an Asian look.

There are some good shapes available from West End on marketplace; a couple from Elle et Lui on marketplace; Lilo's fit on marketplace.  These shapes recommend skins to be used with the shape as well.  K&K shapes also has several pretty Asian shapes.

Egozy has a few skins with an Asian look - a few of the skins have shapes as well.

SAP has a beautiful Blasian shape that goes with a skin from Tres Beau.

Bellah Shapes has some shapes that could be considered close to Asian.

Pink Fuel's skin Liya has a monolid option for an Asian look.

Good luck, thank you for posting. I am looking forward to the replies.

• Like 1

Thanks for the great discussion. I have a Maitreya Lara body and have tried a bunch of head, skin, and shape demos. Each have good points and bad ones, and it's been tough to find anything that hits all the buttons. A few hours ago I settled on one of Genesis Lab's current heads (the latest Molly), and also for their Fei skin / shape. Demos of the two together were beautiful!

Then the weirdness began. I have a little experience with Lelutka and Catwa heads, but this Genesis Lab purchase has left me baffled.

I bought the Cocoa (skintone) version of the Fei shape. There was no separate file for the Cocoa skintone, just for a HUD with some eyebrow options. Whatevs, each skintone is purchased separately so maybe the skin was included with the shape. I wore the shape. 

The Molly head package contains three versions: Bento 3.2, Bento Omega 3.75, and Bento BOM 3.8. I started by wearing the Bento 3.2, and as expected bits of my system avatar head peeked through at first. There are two head alphas in the package, one of them "standard" and the other for mesh eyes. Both of them turn my head as white as a skull. It's as if I have no skin.

This makes me wonder if the Fei skin is not included with the shape after all. Having said that, NONE of the HUDS received with the head or the shape appear to be functional. Now I'm wondering if I just lost a bunch of Lindens, but am hoping that my problem is just because of my inexperience with Genesis Lab. I'd love to apply some skin to my pure white skull; any hints (or even sharp prods) would be appreciated.

Thanks!

PS: although the Molly head is delivered with an Omega version, the Omega symbol does not appear on the product in the store. Nor does it appear on the skin. I'm hoping for some education from more experienced residents before I drop more L$ on a potentially useless Omega installer :-)

12 hours ago, thewittyone said:

PS: although the Molly head is delivered with an Omega version, the Omega symbol does not appear on the product in the store. Nor does it appear on the skin. I'm hoping for some education from more experienced residents before I drop more L$ on a potentially useless Omega installer 🙂

There are two copies of the head: One will say Omega Version in the object name. Note that Omega is for makeup only. Body skins are near the entrance. Note that you will want the version 3.0 skins - they are 200L for the complete package in the applier for your mesh body. if you want to go BOM, then you'll want the Package called "Default" and also grab a toenail/fingernail fixer from Markeplace - I use this one and it works great with Genesis Lab system skins:

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Sweets-Free-Bake-on-Mesh-Quick-Nail-Cover-Fix/18140945

• Like 1

Mahalo Alyona Su.

Here's a pic of my Maitreya Lara bod wearing the Genesis Lab Molly Bento 3.2 head and Fei "Cocoa" skintone / shape.

1496066190_Genesisheadisawhiteskull.thumb.jpg.73e6be6374d0ff55d13f064d212972a4.jpg

No version number listed on the Fei skin/shape, and cost is now L500. Yup, both Molly head and Fei skin/shape were on the same wall, right by the door. These heads and skins work successfully for lots of people, so I figure the problem has to lay with me. What am I missing? 

10 minutes ago, thewittyone said:

Mahalo Alyona Su.

Here's a pic of my Maitreya Lara bod wearing the Genesis Lab Molly Bento 3.2 head and Fei "Cocoa" skintone / shape.

1496066190_Genesisheadisawhiteskull.thumb.jpg.73e6be6374d0ff55d13f064d212972a4.jpg

No version number listed on the Fei skin/shape, and cost is now L500. Yup, both Molly head and Fei skin/shape were on the same wall, right by the door. These heads and skins work successfully for lots of people, so I figure the problem has to lay with me. What am I missing? 

It appears by the look of your body that you are not wearing an alpha - are you using BOM? As for the head, I'm not familiar with the Molly head, and I'll presume you've applied the Fei make-up to the head. In your screenshot is appears like the texture simply hasn't loaded yet. You may also be wearing the wrong Alpha shirt - the one for mesh eyes are for mesh third-party mesh eyes than to not come with the head.

Edit to add: I also see you have aBOM head folder and a OMEGA head folder - so I should grab a redelivery just to see if they've updated the Lena head. :) Try wearing the Omega  version of the head. If the Fei skin includes a system layer, then try wearing that and the BOM version of the head. (I've had Lena head for a couple years, so I should check for updates, I suppose).

Edited by Alyona Su

Thanks for the ideas! I went with the Molly head because GL have recently updated only the Molly and Jade heads, and of those two Molly looked better with the Fei shape.

Heh heh heh, yeah, I've tried all three versions of the Molly head with the same result: as soon as I put on either of the Molly head alphas, she turns into the mannequin you see above. I did a redelivery via the portal in the store, everything is the same.  The Fei Cocoa comes with the shape, a HUD with no "alpha" options, then just items related to the package: a handbag, "load anim," and "unpack on attach."

My avatar (Maitreya bod, system head) was standing still, no AO. I wore the Omega 3.7.5 head, and two things happened immediately: putting on the head triggers a chat message thanking me for my purchase, and an error message pops up:

Script warning / Error / Debug
GenesisLab Head Molly Omega 3.7.5 (207, 166, 74)
[13:32] Script trying to stop animations but PERMISSION_TRIGGER_ANIMATION permission not set.

This happens only with the Omega version of the head, not the Bento or BOM. I have no pop-ups, no notifications, nor any chat messages related to permissions, so don't know what this error is about.

Because of the white mannequin nature of the head right now, it's not clear if wearing the Fei skin has any impact - other than a change in eye shape, and making the Maitreya body skin all blotchy. 

281718318_Omegaversion.jpg.85c794f6e73a316a0303c1b0bbe51d78.jpg

I've reached out to GenesisLab support too (Olga Minor) to see if she has any ideas. I'll let you know what she comes up with.

27 minutes ago, thewittyone said:

Thanks for the ideas! I went with the Molly head because GL have recently updated only the Molly and Jade heads, and of those two Molly looked better with the Fei shape.

Heh heh heh, yeah, I've tried all three versions of the Molly head with the same result: as soon as I put on either of the Molly head alphas, she turns into the mannequin you see above. I did a redelivery via the portal in the store, everything is the same.  The Fei Cocoa comes with the shape, a HUD with no "alpha" options, then just items related to the package: a handbag, "load anim," and "unpack on attach."

My avatar (Maitreya bod, system head) was standing still, no AO. I wore the Omega 3.7.5 head, and two things happened immediately: putting on the head triggers a chat message thanking me for my purchase, and an error message pops up:

Script warning / Error / Debug
GenesisLab Head Molly Omega 3.7.5 (207, 166, 74)
[13:32] Script trying to stop animations but PERMISSION_TRIGGER_ANIMATION permission not set.

This happens only with the Omega version of the head, not the Bento or BOM. I have no pop-ups, no notifications, nor any chat messages related to permissions, so don't know what this error is about.

Because of the white mannequin nature of the head right now, it's not clear if wearing the Fei skin has any impact - other than a change in eye shape, and making the Maitreya body skin all blotchy. 

281718318_Omegaversion.jpg.85c794f6e73a316a0303c1b0bbe51d78.jpg

I've reached out to GenesisLab support too (Olga Minor) to see if she has any ideas. I'll let you know what she comes up with.

Does the skin appear on the head before wearing the alpha? It makes me wonder if it could be a glitchy alpha mask.

Try wearing a full body alpha - or, if you're using mom, try acreating a head only alpha (Create a new clothing item, set head texture to the Default Transparent texture from library) and rewear it. See if that helps. If the Molly head and this other one you mention are new - verify that they are compatible with the skins they sell in the shop. Genesis Lab heads and skins are beautiful, but on a technical levelly they are the least customer-friendly. Also maybe join the group and ask in there when SL is most populated.

And I wouldn't;t worry about that permissions error, I get that on HUDs once in a while. That also may mean you should try in a different reagion, in case there is something amiss in the region you're in.

Edited by Alyona Su

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 939 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.