MP Weirdness

rasterscan

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1565 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Are you sure the auto-fill (auto-suggest) didn't replace your search term? That happens when I type a search term and slap the ENTER key too quickly. It is more likely user-error than website-error. Just saying.

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Alyona Su said:

Are you sure the auto-fill (auto-suggest) didn't replace your search term? That happens when I type a search term and slap the ENTER key too quickly. It is more likely user-error than website-error. Just saying.

Unfortunately, as annoying and useless as that horrible autofill function is, some Lindens are in love with it so there's not much chance we'll ever get rid of it.

It's a textbook example of cargo cult programming. Real autofill functions in proper search engines are based on what people commonly search for and - whenever possible - what you have searched for before. The MP imitation just does a quick lookup for listing titles and list them with the oldest first.

Edited by ChinRey

4 hours ago, ChinRey said:

Unfortunately, as annoying and useless as that horrible autofill function is, some Lindens are in love with it so there's not much chance we'll ever get rid of it.

It's a textbook example of cargo cult programming. Real autofill functions in proper search engines are based on what people commonly search for and - whenever possible - what you have searched for before. The MP imitation just does a quick lookup for listing titles and list them with the oldest first.

Oh, that's more evil than evil. Because I hate when it does the search on one of those, rather than what I've typed in. Our "tax" dollars at work, I suppose. ~snorts~

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, ChinRey said:

You can always use ublock or adblock in your browser (in fact - you should, and not just for MP) and manually block it. " marketplace.secondlife.com##.ui-corner-all.ui-widget-content.ui-widget.ui-menu.ui-autocomplete " should get rid of suggestions (and autocomplete with it) completely.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Alyona Su said:

"That happens when I type a search term and slap the ENTER key too quickly"

Aha ! Thankyou, Alyona ! 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1565 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.