How do I get DefaultObjectTexture to work in 2.6?

Innula Zenovka

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4728 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

As far as I can remember from SnowGlobe, you used to be able to change the default texture for prims by putting in the appropriate UUID in Debug Settings -- DefaultObjectTexture and relogging.

Then after you'd done that, while prims still rezzed as plywood, you could change them to your preferred default texture by going to the texture picker, clicking blank, and then clicking default again.

I can't, though, get this to work in 2.6.8 -- the value for DefaultObjectTexture just reverts back to the default plywood,"89556747-24cb-43ed-920b-47caed15465f", each time I relog. 

Am I doing it wrong or is it broken?   I've not tried doing it before in V2.

7 answers to this question

While I can see that you save a couple of clicks, but I wonder; is it worth the effort?

If this is something done client side, and the debug setting does not work. Could it be that the debug setting is supposed to be written to a local setting file, but the write operation does not work properly? Perhaps because of a bug in the viewer, or wrong read/write permission on the file. In the latter case, you would probably notice other settings that did not work. Maybe the setting can be changed manually if it actually exist in a local file. I have no idea if any of this could be right, or what file(s) to look for...

- Luc -

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4728 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.