Are You Bored Yet With Your Linden Home? Take a Prim, Leave a Prim

Prokofy Neva

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1543 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Be honest. I got a Victorian on an alt and a camper, and after decorating them, bringing in a few friends to discuss this or that, running out of prims, I fled to other chores and forgot to go to them for a week or more. Here it is the new decade already and I don't know WHAT I'm going to do with them. Probably ditch them as I did past ones which bored me. To be sure, I got a hot tip -- if you join the group Bellisseria Parade, you get lists of rez areas and different stuff to use exploring which is useful, so that may extend its shelf life.

But these houses are eating up tier that can't be rented or even have a tipjar on them, so either I have to do something with them or let them go. They are in the SL Public Land Preserve so anyone can come there and hang out if they like. In the past I found few people bother to do that because they can't buy anything and can't decorate anything, and that's what people like to do.

Stay tuned, I'm going to come to the point in a minute.

I decided to ditch the old-fashioned Chesapeake which has the rooms because to make it pink I needed like 6 extra prims and finally that was just too many. Plus, everybody around me had the exact same mobile home. I liked the other old school one but you can't pull up that unsightly ramp. So I picked this one called Shenandoah which has a nice awning that you can wrap up if you want.

So not all the furniture from the other one fits in here so what to do? Well, plus I got these new bugs from Soul Mate, I put them out. Now what. Onion sets. A little too early. Will I get abuse-reported for off-season content?

I got this Dr. Who sort of booth from one of those weekend discounts mainly as a place to hide from the butterflies when I'm outdoors because they really bother me. I wish I could turn them off. No, I don't use de-render because I only use the SL viewer which doesn't have that, and it's a good thing. The Lindens should remove the butterflies.

I put in a tree -- but that's a lot of tree (fundati). Prims are down to even 30, and I haven't even made dinner yet.

I was going to buy a new tea set but then I found this hunt gift from Mountain Rose and yes, primmy, but it is glorious with all kinds of little pieces. The other day I thought I'm going to make a matcha whisk. Let's just say it's a lot harder than it looks.

Problem: the tea and its animations need you to be not on a couch, like what I have here, but on mats, kneeling with "Japanese sit". So now, one, two mats -- yikes, prims.

This is why I don't overly worry about some tenants leaving for Linden Homes because this weekend, a few literally started drifting back to my rentals, even with their tier because a) lag b) no prims. I haven't felt any lag when there, actually but prims -- yes, that hurts.

OK, so what to do? And this is where TAKE A PRIM, LEAVE A PRIM comes in. (Like that endless thread in "general" which I never open, do you? Because I don't come to the forums to play word games). 

This could be potentially more fun.

So I made 11 prims for you to pick what could go next here, what is the priority. A futon? A room divider/counter? More chairs? The mat? You can join the group and put out something you think fits.  Hint: if you put it on "share," anyone else can return it. Then you can leave a notecard (in the asparagus jar) to say which prims you would ditch (of the ones I put out). The bugs, and their food (I put out the tea that had the eyeball for their food) might be your first choice. But maybe not.

Oops, make that 10 prims, because I absolutely have to leave a ouiji board for the cat, Oracle. 

Come here and give it a try. If you grief me of course you'll be banned.

Trash Can_904.jpg

Trash Can_909.jpg

Trash Can_906.jpg

Trash Can_910.jpg

Trash Can_911.jpg

Trash Can_912.jpg

Trash Can_913.jpg

Edited by Prokofy Neva
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

It's an interesting and creative idea, to be sure. I'm a lot more curious about how many will play the game.

The two things I've experienced in the way SL has changed over the years are 1) Most people rarely ever spend much time in their SL home (LL home or otherwise) and 2) When you open your home or create an otherwise open invitation location with activity, people rarely ever make use of it. It's a great idea, what you have going. I hope it's a successful little experiment. :)

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Alyona Su said:

It's an interesting and creative idea, to be sure. I'm a lot more curious about how many will play the game.

The two things I've experienced in the way SL has changed over the years are 1) Most people rarely ever spend much time in their SL home (LL home or otherwise) and 2) When you open your home or create an otherwise open invitation location with activity, people rarely ever make use of it. It's a great idea, what you have going. I hope it's a successful little experiment. :)

Oh, I realize, people rarely do anything outside their little narrow circle of trusted friends or they don't even log on to SL but only chat on the forums. I'm quite used to advertising things in my groups and reaching 2,000 people perhaps, but only 3 or 4 might actually come to the site mentioned or whatever. 

There was a time in SL when there were not even so many people, but just more people paying attention and you could put a notice in a group and fill a sim instantly. I don't know if you can do that any more except with bots.

It's also true that if some popular forums maven put out this idea or Cristiano who now logs on to SL I see more people would come, but that's fine, it's just a thing.

Some one else will come up with the same thing and it will work, it's all good. The main thing is to provide an alternative to that "take a word" thread which I refuse to open lol.

Ideally, everything should be put in share to be able to be returned by others in the group. I continue to insist this is as bug, not a feature (from which I was expelled from the JIRA) because it violates the other rules of group powers -- people not set with the role to return prims in a group can return them if they are put in share, which collectivizes property and overturns rules, like communism, and actually is more exploited by griefers than collaborationists in a build. But that's ok, I'm not turning it on for prims I want to keep there; someone else can : )

Edited by Prokofy Neva

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1543 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.