HOW WILL I KNOW WHEN THE NEW LINDEN HOME OF MY DREAMS IS AVAILABLE?

Lulabells Starlight

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1551 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Currently, 10:25 pm pst, I see only one boat home available and one camper.  No traditional or Victorian homes shown.  The attached picture is the houseboat I have been seeing available since i started looking a few days ago.  Also attache is the houseboat I  think I would like to have.

Sure would be nice, if we could see the inside of all the new linden homes, like in RL looking at model homes., so when we see a home available, we would know not to grab it then abandon it, if we do not like the inside of the home

b432055f930e4d0e4a757ef253cac385.png

50e0f16ee5ab2b459d714f7702d171c9.png

Each plot, comes with the option of 4 different choices.  (I believe the campers have more)  That life saver that is hanging next to the houseboat is where you can click and you will have a drop down that gives you several choices.  With the houseboat, there is 4 or 5 choices to choose from, in models.  It's the same for the traditional and the Victorian homes, through the mailboxes that can be found by the curb.

Edited by Vega Firelyte
typo
  • Like 2

The picture that shows on the land page is a representative picture for the houseboat, camper, traditional or victorian themes.  You can change between the different styles in the theme once you're at your parcel.  Also, the landscaping on the land page picture is not the exact landscaping you will have at your parcel - it is not a picture of the specific parcel that you will be getting. 

Edited by moirakathleen
added left-off letter
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, LulabellsAmour said:

Sure would be nice, if we could see the inside of all the new linden homes, like in RL looking at model homes., so when we see a home available, we would know not to grab it then abandon it, if we do not like the inside of the home

There are lots of empty homes, even claimed empty ones.  You could just start popping around the Bellisseria continent somewhat randomly and peeking in homes. Many of us do that to decorated homes to get ideas. 

In the picture below, the most southern section is Victorians.  The Houseboat areas are pretty easy to figure out.  In the main part of the Continent, the circled areas are the Campers/Trailers (there are a total of 8 models of those), and then all the rest is Traditional houses.  Those grassy islands on the right might have some Campers also, but definitely have some Traditionals.

image.png.08cb06b8e6c542558832556e02d1f43e.png

If you watch the land page carefully, Traditionals and Victorians do get abandoned and show up to claim.  The thread noted below talks about how to set up an auto-refresher to help you try getting a type of home that is currently scarce.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, moirakathleen said:

The picture that shows on the land page is a representative picture for the houseboat, camper, traditional or victorian themes.  You can change between the different styles in the theme once you're at your parcel.  Also, the landscaping on the land page picture is not the exact landscaping you will have at your parcel - it is not a picture of the specific parcel that you will be getting. 

I am so confused

23 minutes ago, LulabellsAmour said:

I am so confused

once you grabbed a home   ,you go to the mailbox  outside your place and click on it   ,grab the content pack with goodies and you see also 4 choices of homes you can rez 

trads gives 4 diff trads  ,houseboats give 4 diff boats and Vic's give out 4 diff Vic's 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, LulabellsAmour said:

I am so confused

Join the party.  We all get confused sometimes.  If you read the stuff in the Linden Homes wiki ( http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:New_Linden_Homes_2019 ) or in the Knowledge Base, though, you'll find that most of your questions are answered pretty well.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Gem Oxygen said:

Never mind, they got a place next door to me, welcome to the hood😎

Thank you Gem.  I actually figure out how to get the home of my dreams.  Thanks to suggestions here in the forums.  Senior members have been a great help.

I am still waiting on a Victorian home.  Seems  I am not fast enough grabbing one , but maybe my luck will change

again ty all very much.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
45 minutes ago, LulabellsAmour said:

However, now I am worried about the lag.  I haven't started decorating yet, and already feel a lot of lag.

There is a whole thread on Bellisseria Lag. I haven't taken part in it much.

The main things are to turn down your draw distance. I have mine at 120 with no issues but you may need to make it lower. Also (for me anyway) textures have been loading extremely slowly the last week or too. It is gray for a VERY long time. All sims, no difference. Mesh loads the slowest to come on the screen - noticeably so.  So that could be part of the issue -- only you will know that. My FPS have actually improved everywhere. I am thinking it may be part of the "cloud" migration but that's just a guess. 

IF you have neighbors with heavy mesh items, that will indeed lower your FPS. If you can spot heavy mesh by looking (not always easy but super smooth and complex items are usually the key culprit, then you can right click and  choose Object > Inspect.  If the number in the triangles is over 100,000 then right click and BLOCK THAT OBJECT. Continue with the process and your lag should disappear (unless of course it is YOU, but you said you hadn't decorated yet - :D). 

Don't be too surprised to see items with half a million vertices.   If you turn your avatar in different directions (North, West etc) and notice the framerate going down in one area, then THAT is the place to start looking.  good luck.
image.thumb.png.59db03470821f659cfe55939d8ebd262.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1551 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.