Stuck trying to change to Basic from Premium

Wirimu Dale

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1564 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi,   following instructions to down grade to Basic from Premium and its giving an error that I still own 512 ms of land, to release it....

BUT I have sold the only land I owned and the system shows I seem to "own" the Premium land/house I called Tuakau....which I understood came "free" with the Premium membership when I signed up for that years ago now....

Help as I am now confused as to how to clear, abandon etc the apparent 512 ms I apparently still own??

Thanks....Wirimu Dale 

By the sound of that land may be a Linden home, which indeed is one of the perks of being premium. 

However, when you want to downgrade to basic, you will need to let go of all the premium perks, including your Linden home.

So teleport to your home, bring up the "About land" floater and choose "Abandon land".

Once you have done that, you should be able to downgrade to Basic.

P.S. If you do NOT own a Linden home. just go to https://secondlife.com/my/account/land.php and it will show you what land you own. A link will be there which, if you click it, will open the SL map and show you where that land is. Once you tp to that land, you should be able to abandon it... Or sell it, if it's mainland.

• Like 1

Just to add some clarification, the only premium perk that you have to give up at the time you downgrade to basic is the ability to own  a Linden Home, own a mainland parcel, or donate land tier to a group.  The other premium perks stay in affect until the original term of the premium membership runs out.

(And if you should change your mind after downgrading, a call to "Live Chat" asking them to cancel the downgrade is all that's needed, and it's something they usually do immediately during the Live Chat session).

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/4/2020 at 3:36 PM, Fritigern Gothly said:

By the sound of that land may be a Linden home, which indeed is one of the perks of being premium. 

However, when you want to downgrade to basic, you will need to let go of all the premium perks, including your Linden home.

So teleport to your home, bring up the "About land" floater and choose "Abandon land".

Once you have done that, you should be able to downgrade to Basic.

P.S. If you do NOT own a Linden home. just go to https://secondlife.com/my/account/land.php and it will show you what land you own. A link will be there which, if you click it, will open the SL map and show you where that land is. Once you tp to that land, you should be able to abandon it... Or sell it, if it's mainland.

Thanks to everyone.... I will try and "Abandon" the Linden Premium home and hopefully this will do the trick....

Minutes later...

Back again and this didnt work as the Land is shown as owned by one of the Lindens....that is right clicking on the land....its a Lindon Home at Rana Ridge....I will try raising a Ticket so the Admins etc can take a look........

20 minutes ago, Wirimu Dale said:

Back again and this didnt work as the Land is shown as owned by one of the Lindens....that is right clicking on the land....its a Lindon Home at Rana Ridge....I will try raising a Ticket so the Admins etc can take a look........

If that is one of the old Linden Homes (which it looks like it is by the region name), you can't do it by clicking on the land outside of the house.  You need to be standing inside the home, and then bring up the "About Land" window in the viewer - then you should have the "Abandon" button available on the About Land window.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1564 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.