Extra spine bones

bbrasta Boa

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1439 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello😊

Can I use the extra mspine bones to do a transfer motion in avastar? Or it only work with torso and chest? If it can be possible, do I have to unfold them? Can I repositioned either way or in a determined way?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by bbrasta Boa

8 hours ago, bbrasta Boa said:

Hello😊

Can I use the extra mspine bones to do a transfer motion in avastar? Or it only work with torso and chest? If it can be possible, do I have to unfold them? Can I repositioned either way or in a determined way?

Thanks in advance.

The extra spine joints aren't really in use by anyone on the main avatar body brands, so it's most likely to have no effect on their deformations and, besides, at the end of the animation the avatars will be still in the last pose those joints were in, because those don't reset automatically since they have no base animation. The bento spine joints, i think, were introduced to help creating animals and creatures with longer torsos, therefore those would have their set of dedicated animations. 

If you intend to make animations for the general public, I'd suggest to avoid using those spine joints. 

• Thanks 1

• 4 months later...

I've had a problem in that area. I bought some nice stand animations for my NPCs, and those seem to use the extra spine joints. Not much, just a little. When the NPCs shift from standing to walking or running, the stand and walk anims don't reset the extra spine joints, so the walking can be slightly lopsided until the next stand.

I could use an animation which sets the bento spine joints back to neutral. (With a bit of lead-in, no looping.) Anything like that available?

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1439 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.