Problem upgrading an alt

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1565 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Help! SL wont take my money lol.  I hope someone can clue me in re what I'm doing wrong.  I'm trying to make my alt premium & it keeps rejecting, just saying "There was a problem charging your payment method."  I'm using the same card I use for my main (Gina).  Can't find any explanation in the FAQ.  I've tried contacting support, but none of the  menu choices quite fit the problem.  Any suggestions?

• Administrators

Hey there GinaFreumann!

I've gone ahead and moved this thread on over to General Discussion since this topic doesn't appear to be related to Linden Homes :)

I'm sorry to hear that you're having some troubles using your payment method to upgrade your alt. If you're not sure which selection to pick when submitting a case you can use:

Issue Type: Billing > Real World Payment Method Issues

This will get the case to the Billing Team where they can take a look at what's going on and assist you further.

***Edit** I see you've resolved the issue right after my reply,  so huzzah!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Kristin Linden said:

I'm sorry to hear that you're having some troubles using your payment method to upgrade your alt. If you're not sure which selection to pick when submitting a case you can use:

Issue Type: Billing > Real World Payment Method Issues

This will get the case to the Billing Team where they can take a look at what's going on and assist you further.

Cool the resident got the issue solved. The suggestion mentioned is good to remember if anyone else run into a similar issue. :)

10 hours ago, GinaFreumann said:

Help! SL wont take my money lol.  I hope someone can clue me in re what I'm doing wrong.  I'm trying to make my alt premium & it keeps rejecting, just saying "There was a problem charging your payment method."  I'm using the same card I use for my main (Gina).  Can't find any explanation in the FAQ.  I've tried contacting support, but none of the  menu choices quite fit the problem.  Any suggestions?

Many years ago I had this same issue and after trying the card three or four times, a Linden IM'd me out of nowhere and said "Psst! Your card is expired!" 😁

If only they were so helpful now! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

32 minutes ago, Matty Luminos said:

Many years ago I had this same issue and after trying the card three or four times, a Linden IM'd me out of nowhere and said "Psst! Your card is expired!" 

I remember when the Lindens were real people.  They still are, if you quit your day job and go to their bankers hours meetings, but it's not the same. 

I take that back.  This was pretty good:

10 hours ago, Kristin Linden said:

Edited by Desiree Moonwinder
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Matty Luminos said:

Many years ago I had this same issue and after trying the card three or four times, a Linden IM'd me out of nowhere and said "Psst! Your card is expired!" 😁

If only they were so helpful now! 

I have a picture somewhere of Maestro Linden wearing a "Biker Bad Ass" group tag to troubleshoot motorcycles on sim crossings, with painted toenails. That was so many years ago...

I haven't seen Lindens in world since.

6 hours ago, Beth Macbain said:

3l6kmy.jpg.5a00ab5e802cfa36f0e3eb196cdac06c.jpg

I'd say I interact with at least one Linden a week and they've always been real people... at least as far as I can tell. @Kristin Linden, can you please verify that you aren't a computer? @Patch Linden? @Dakota Linden? Anyone...? @Ebbe Linden? Bueller? 

Oh dear.

issa joke... 

Lindens are a myth. Although I had one come to my former club a couple times --- and another told me about SL back in 1843. :D

• Moderators

Greetings all!

That last I looked, yes, I am a real live human, for whatever that is worth.  People in the Matrix thought they were real, live, humans too and ended up just being pod body batteries. 

Could be that the Jatravartid have it correct though, one never knows!

Of course, neither precludes me from being a real, live, human, of course, but would make things interesting, for sure. :)

Hope everyone had a nice, safe, holiday!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

• Administrators
On 1/4/2020 at 1:33 PM, Beth Macbain said:

3l6kmy.jpg.5a00ab5e802cfa36f0e3eb196cdac06c.jpg

I'd say I interact with at least one Linden a week and they've always been real people... at least as far as I can tell. @Kristin Linden, can you please verify that you aren't a computer? @Patch Linden? @Dakota Linden? Anyone...? @Ebbe Linden? Bueller? 

Oh dear.

issa joke... 

giphy.gif

• Haha 6

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1565 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.