happy premium member

BEKAII

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1561 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

6 minutes ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

it will comes across as "I am considerably richer than you" or "I am superior/more important than you because i am able and willing to be premium"

Even worse, cleverer than you are. I would hate that! 

4 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Eeeewwwwww, spiders on the body.

/me will have the heebie-jeebies for hours now.

Ooops, sorry! I have never actually watched the video, just listened to the song, so I did not know about the spiders!!! I usually don't watch her videos, as they are bit extreme for me, lol. I do love her music, though. :)

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

I wouldn't want to see this. This'll be just as bad as the days of when TPV's had their own coloured tags to show other people what viewer you use in the drama it could cause. except it will comes across as "I am considerably richer than you" or "I am superior/more important than you because i am able and willing to be premium"

I agree but such things that the OP requested (such as a supporter tag) do exist in the forums of communities much larger than second life with no I'll effect or perception of elitism that some suggest it would have. That said I will say comparing the request or its implementation to that of how Hitler treated the Jews as someone in this thread did is going a little to far.

26 minutes ago, Drayke Newall said:

That said I will say comparing the request or its implementation to that of how Hitler treated the Jews as someone in this thread did is going a little to far.

Maybe, but I read that post as a highly sarcastic comment. Perhaps I was wrong, but I read it as a pointed rebuttal. I hope it was so.

1 hour ago, Drayke Newall said:

comparing the request or its implementation to that of how Hitler treated the Jews as someone in this thread did is going a little to far.

I simply could not live in a world without Hitler analogies, whether serious or in jest...

*this was a joke
Edited by Luna Bliss
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, CaerolleClaudel said:
2 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Eeeewwwwww, spiders on the body.

/me will have the heebie-jeebies for hours now.

Ooops, sorry! I have never actually watched the video, just listened to the song, so I did not know about the spiders!!! I usually don't watch her videos, as they are bit extreme for me, lol. I do love her music, though. :)

No worries - I was exaggerating a tad on the "for hours" part.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Did you watch that video?  They were all over that crown.  Better check yours carefully each time you put it on.

I didn't watch and now I am glad I didn't!  *rezzes a new crown and burns the other one*

• Haha 2

41 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

I didn't watch and now I am glad I didn't!  *rezzes a new crown and burns the other one*

as i'm a good boy now, i'll send you a necklace to compensate the loss of the first crown
/me runs now....

giphy.webp?cid=790b761139e194e7224f0c5b9

Edited by Alwin Alcott
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Drayke Newall said:

Fully agree with everything you said. That said, just because it isn't a reliable method doesn't mean that people don't use it as an excuse to claim or believe that it is an alt due to no payment info not showing in the profile. It is also a completely unnecessary thing to be listed in the profile as it serves very limited purposes for things that are processed in the background anyway such as sim entry etc.

People can use it. Doesn't make it a good thing to do. One of those deals where you don't violate my privacy and I won't violate yours. 

As I recall, there was a time when there wasn't any payment info displayed on profiles, many years ago. It was one of those ideas that a resident came up with and a good portion of the grid took up the cause. Why LL listened at the time I don't recall, nor do I remember the arguments given in 'favor of' by the louder residents. I remember it being discussed and not liking the idea but it causes no real life harm, in as much as there is really nothing anyone can do with "payment info on file" or a blank space other than pick on someone who may or may not be a paying customer (as most of us are) on an alt. The response to a bully should be: ban, eject, AR, block, move on, done.

You're right about it not being necessary. Just think of all that "effort" that could be put into things like smoothing out sim region crossings. :o

Edited by Selene Gregoire
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1561 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.