New Traditional Linden Homes (Victorian Style)

ErnestAmour

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1507 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I currently have an older type linden home.  I really do want a Victorian style linden home, or the new traditional linden homes.  How am I able to find out if the new Victorian homes are available without having to vacate the older linden home I currently have?

6 minutes ago, ErnestAmour said:

I currently have an older type linden home.  I really do want a Victorian style linden home, or the new traditional linden homes.  How am I able to find out if the new Victorian homes are available without having to vacate the older linden home I currently have?

It appears that the Victorian Release is over and that any available Victorians will be ones people have given up and likely will be taken by whoever sees it first.  So the chances of you getting a Victorian EASILY are now gone. Sorry. For five days it was a snap :D. 

EDIT. A traditional would be easier to get.   BUT still, no guarantee. It is luck and availability. 

Edited by Chic Aeon
  • Like 2

So, in order to get a Victorian style home, I have to abandon the one I have now and then wait till one becomes available?  WOW.  Wish I had been paying attention to the forums before they were released.  Thank you Chic Aeon for your quick reply.

• Like 3

HI, Ernest.  I can think of 3 things you can do to find out if Vics are available:

1.  Read the last few pages of this thread, and check in on it now and again. 

https://community.secondlife.com/forums/topic/439050-when-did-you-last-see-a-bellessarian-home-available/

From doing that, and looking around inworld, I can tell you my impressions:

None of us have found any new regions of Victorians that have not yet been released.  LL and the Moles might be readying more Vic regions elsewhere on the grid to move into place, but that involves adding more land to Bellisseria, so may take a little while.  But for now, any Victorian you see on the land page has been abandoned by someone. 

Right now it looks like a few Victorians are being abandoned a day.  These are not reject homes ... many abandons are terrific properties that people are letting go for various reasons, perhaps as mundane as an alt's premium membership expiring.  Getting one requires vigilance and some dexterity.  You can use an auto-refresh tool to increase your chances, without baby-sitting the land page.

2.  You could make an alt for a month, and use them to look at the land page.  Trouble is, if they pick up a nice Victorian, then what do you do?  Make them yearly?  Be aware that releasing a home with the hope of catching the same property with your main account is VERY risky.

3.  Watch and ask in the group Bellisseria Citizens chat inworld. People occasionally mention there when they are about to release a property.  The group is usually fairly patient with such questions, but don't do it every hour :)

Good luck!  There are many activities going on in Bellisseria, and you're welcome to come while you're Belli-homeless!  Check notices in Bellisseria Citizens and/or Bellisseria Events.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

@ErnestAmour If you're online now, I'll be releasing a very nice Trad plot at 1PM SLtime - 14 minutes from now! Currently an Amber Alderley on the corner, close to the sea but very green. Get to the Land Page (after abandoning your old Linden home) and start refreshing just before 1PM for a chance. Good luck!

FF1.JPG

Edited by Frigga Freidman

• 3 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, KoolPinkIceDiamond said:

Hi have linden lad started to release any of the next batch of the 500 Victoria and Linden lab homes yet ?

Who claims that the next batch will be 500 homes?

The Moles are working on more regions and I think they are back to releasing a region (or more) every day or two.  They are creating more Victorian and other homes, but we don't yet know anything about the next large release, whatever/whenever that might be.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Christhiana said:

Which Linden Lad do you refer to? I'm sure there are many a strapping young lad working at Linden Lab :)

don't froget the "gals"  :)

and what's "young" ..if they'r longtime labbies they might have some grey hairs like many of us :) ..or grey hairs because of us...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Moles
3 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

don't froget the "gals"  :)

Thank you.

3 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

and what's "young" ..if they'r longtime labbies they might have some grey hairs like many of us :)

but some of us are eternally young. (That's blonde hair, not gray .....)

de965636906d5fcf1095454095724852.png

• Like 7

• 1 month later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1507 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.