Winchester Model updated?

Elena Blossom

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1569 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Morning everyone!! Just a quick question? Has the Winchester model been updated, including new color customization? Maybe there's been a new feature released and I missed it (in that case, I'll ask this thread to be removed)

I've just logged in to check a Trad I got last night, and to my surprise, I'm getting the Vic model menu, including options to even change the trim color. I've picked a terrible pinky pinky magenta color, so you can appreciate it. The version of the home is v2.4

MyColors.PNG

Captura2.PNG

Captura3.PNG

Captura4.PNG

Captura5.PNG

Edited by Elena Core
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I picked up an abandoned Continental a week or so ago, it is a version 2.0 and it does not have those color options.  It is also in one of the older regions that was originally released before the Victorians came out.  Just curious as to whether yours is in one of the newer traditional areas? 

• Like 1

I took pictures of Winchester homes with these outdoor colors when LL still had closed access to the new islands they were building. This is Conger Reef. It must be the outdoor colors violet and raspberry.

(I used zoom) (taken Dec 7)

purple_001.jpg

Edited by Marianne Little
added in ( )
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Elena Core said:

Has the Winchester model been updated, including new color customization?

I have this as well, just on the winchester. I am on one of the new islands. The range of exterior colours is almost entirely different but no tinting bugs present for the exterior. I also have a bug on that model where the doors and windows don't open. Not sure if this is a related issue. Hopefully the new colour scheme is intentional as it is quite fun!

The colour naming is somewhat quirky, raspberry = purple, brick red = raspberry red etc

26 minutes ago, Raspberry Crystal said:

I have this as well, just on the winchester. I am on one of the new islands. The range of exterior colours is almost entirely different but no tinting bugs present for the exterior. I also have a bug on that model where the doors and windows don't open. Not sure if this is a related issue. Hopefully the new colour scheme is intentional as it is quite fun!

The colour naming is somewhat quirky, raspberry = purple, brick red = raspberry red etc

Same here, I'm in an island and need to TP to get inside the house. Not a big issue considering I'm loving the funky colors! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Elena Core said:

I'm loving the funky colors!

curacao%20houses.jpg Feels like a Caribbean vibe (not that I've ever been there in RL :) )

I can't click TP in at the moment as my firestorm is having a sulky fit so I'm back on the official viewer. maybe I should just put up with the sticking doors as a quirk and just jump onto furniture to move around.

• Haha 1

I had seen the raspberry on one of the regions that was still to be released last week while wandering around. I wasn't sure if it was just one of those glitchy houses or something as it was really the only one i'd seen in my short prowess.

Guess it wasn't a glitch.

Potentially.

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Raspberry Crystal said:

That's a shame, but it does seem the bug is causing other problems with that model. I have restrained myself and gone for the white outer colour, so as not to overstimulate the neighbourhood.

It's fun to set everything to black and white and grays and listen to people complain about textures not loading.

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

i checked my versions inworld, but its 1.0 .. so might indeed be some kind of update?

I noticed during the last bug (at least with the Victorian), if you re-rez your house from the mailbox it would update the house to the latest version.  It doesn't look like a region reboot updates a house version, as I've noticed Homes in the area still have an older version of a Victorian with 1 or 2 still using the old bug.  As a side note, it would be awesome to see a menu for the Traditionals at some point like the Vic's have....dark molding on a Traditional...swoon. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1569 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.