Unused Homes That I Can Use? :)

WilliamJL

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1565 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Happy New Year Everyone!
I hope everyone is having a great new year so far. However, I am not. My fiancee and I's landlord recently raised the price for our modest skybox and it turns out we aren't in the financial situation to continue to pay anymore. We currently have around 2 weeks left until we're homeless. I was wondering if any of generous and helpful people have a house or skybox that you're not currently using or rarely use it that we can live in and rez a baby we got? Our home is really the only thing keeping us on sl nowadays. We thought we were set with our current rent situation, but now we know that we need to move... So, I'm asking if any of you are beyond generous to let my fiancee and me stay in your house. 

Thank you,

William :)

it doesn't freeze, rain or gets cold in SL, there are rezz zones in Bellisseria, and lot of public hangouts. You really don't nééd a home. If you need a place for ..ehm.. time together there are also lot of places to find where it's public access.

Not saying you shouldn't be helped in a way, but it's like RL, you get what you pay for. With thde difference in SL it's a choice, in RL unavoidable. Many people stay years in SL without having a home.
Begging never looks nice.. and for sure not when you put this in a thread about Linden Homes, all people who have one, or get one, nééd to have a subcription to a paid service.
( and it's phantasy and playing, but think you know that already

There are , nearly, free rentals in SL, starting at a rate of 30/40/50 Linden. One round of sploder playing or some easy job will provide in more than enought to afford that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

William, you and fiancee could be like freedom campers.  You can get a free RV from the freebie dungeons and live in it.  Like rez it on a Linden Rez Zone and off you go wandering the byways of SL mainlands

might have to rez the baby as an attachment tho so it don't get stolen by PrimBabyKidnapper Autoreturn. Attaching the baby be quite good tho because cuddles. And even prim babies love to get held and cuddles

if want to make another baby with your fiancee then can go to Zindra mainland, find a parcel where the owner is kind enough to allow rez. Rez your RV, jump in with your fiancee, drive to some secluded spot, and do the baby maker

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Elora Lunasea said:

How do they continue to afford "feeding" the baby? Don't those things require constant maintenance? Like Kitty Cats? 

🤔

Well the OP is only 1 month old in SL  so the baby must be very young, maybe still using the boobie? 

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Milk Pixelmaid said:

Should you have a baby if you can’t even afford basic housing?

A sensible question to ask in RL but even there it is often asked in vain once the baby is underway! ;)

But in SL you can only buy the baby with lots of lindens and - as far as I know - only keep it alife with another lots of lindens (for milk or some such) so it is obvious for me that William is just hoaxing us.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

and you expect others to pay for your stay in sl.... absurd

Well, he already tried to beg for "used male mesh items", so what's the surprise?

Following the threads, it seems that the financial situation has been tight ever since. Makes you wonder why there were any L$ for certain skyboxes and rezzable babies to interact with. 

At best, I'd see this as a case who should do their math and check if they can afford premium one way or another. Free home, bit of pocket money, no fear of the rental fee suddenly increasing to unpayable sums (which actually does sound fishy...)

• Like 5

Just now, Elena Core said:

Umm, by the content of his posts, it seems he's rather investing his lindens in something else. If you can save on rent, then you can save that money to get new clothes and rezz babies...

I was about to say something similar. If one can afford a mesh body and a new wardrobe, the whole "too broke to rent a home" thing sounds a bit fishy to me. 

• Like 2

Even though he was hoping someone would donate a mesh body to him in early Dec, he apparently acquired a Gianni body by late Dec. 

However, it is entirely possible that someone gifted that body to him -- my Maitreya was gifted to me shortly after I returned to regular SL usage in early 2017 - and I have paid that forward a couple of times.  So we can't really assume that he bought the body. 

As to the baby, I can't wrap my head around someone gifting them with that, so somebody must have spent some money to get it - not to mention the money required for the care of said baby.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Even though he was hoping someone would donate a mesh body to him in early Dec, he apparently acquired a Gianni body by late Dec. 

However, it is entirely possible that someone gifted that body to him -- my Maitreya was gifted to me shortly after I returned to regular SL usage in early 2017 - and I have paid that forward a couple of times.  So we can't really assume that he bought the body. 

As to the baby, I can't wrap my head around someone gifting them with that, so somebody must have spent some money to get it - not to mention the money required for the care of said baby.

Possible, but the other questions about where to buy really nice skyboxes, etc., don't add up with the plea of poverty. Of course, I always give side eye when an account that is only a couple of weeks old already knows to ask about creators like ONSU. I guess anything is possible, but still...

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1565 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.