How much to rent out a houseboat?

Pamela Galli

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1575 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

15 minutes ago, Pamela Galli said:

I have never rented anything out before but I decided since I got this houseboat I might as well, since I don't need it. How much would it reasonably rent for?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mqshqldfln8kzkt/Screenshot 2019-12-31 13.32.53.png?dl=0

As mentioned, your Linden Home Covenant prevents you from renting it. If you don't want it, just Abandon it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Pamela Galli said:

Thanks, I missed that in the covenant, and now I can't find it. 

I will just keep it and let someone use it who needs a place. 

Just before this section "== Seasonal & Holiday Content ==", you should see this:  

*Activities and items that could be construed as commercial and for profit by Linden Lab are not permitted in the residential homes and houseboats in Bellisseria.

It is easy to miss it, IMO

You say you want to rent a houseboat?  Oh, well ... strictly under the table ... tell you what.

No money needs to change hands, just send me most of your inventory for La Galleria (thaaaats right, the sleigh bed and those wonderful dining sets ... yesssssss ...) and you can use my wonderful boat in Fourze!

Er ... what's that?  You don't WANT a houseboat, you have an extra?

NVM

*slinks away*

• Haha 7

On 11/25/2019 at 11:41 PM, animats said:

Sorry, all this is a false alarm. I got in touch with the parcel group owner about a misplaced object, The group owner used the term "tenant" in an IM to me, sending me to the "tenant". I've now exchanged messages with both parties. As I mentioned above, it's really a parent and their child, not a commercial situation. It's not some big landlord buying up the good ocean front parcels. And they cleaned up the misplaced object, so I'm happy.

On 11/25/2019 at 11:44 PM, Abnor Mole said:

Setting a Linden Home parcel to a group so your partner or friends can rez and use the parcel is absolutely okay. Setting it to a group for the purpose of renting it for L$ to someone is not. That is commercial activity and not allowed. A family or group of friends could even set their parcels to the same group for the purposes of "management" among the members. It is when the exchange of L$ for those rights comes into play it crosses the line. 

Edit: I use the term "management" loosely since most group land management tools require the land be deeded to the group, which is not possible in Bellisseria. 

5 hours ago, Pamela Galli said:

I found a discussion here 

I don’t really need the income so I will just let someone without premium use it for free. 

As you can see from the final posts of the thread you linked, firstly the OP made a mistake in thinking the parcel was being leased, and secondly it was confirmed by Abnor Mole that the renting out of Linden Home parcels is NOT allowed as per the covenant. 

On 12/31/2019 at 9:20 PM, Pamela Galli said:

...I don’t really need the income so I will just let someone without premium use it for free. 

This sounds nice and generous! How about a homeless and pennyless couple with a baby?

By combining this thread with the other one we might get rid of BOTH° *lol*

• Haha 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1575 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.