Mesh Upload Error (MAPS)

Phideas

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1554 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Maya user here, so I'll be using Maya terminology but the concept behind it should apply the same: did you freeze transformations and deleted the construction history? The UV mapping nodes in the history/modifiers stack are internal things to autodesk softwares and those can't be handled by the file formats used for exchange such fbx and collada. If I make uv maps and export without deleting history, I'd get similar results as you're showing in the picture

Edited by OptimoMaximo
  • Like 1

Blender user here so again not the same software == BUT

This is what happens typically if you have more than ONE UV map for an object.  SL only let's you have one per object.  So for example you import one object (say the front) and then build the back portion of the back. IF you have two objects with DIFFERENT UVMap names and link them  you lose one of the map's information and end up with something like the photo you show.  

In Blender you need to rename both maps so that the match (I typically use UVMap which is the default for Blender but as long as they are the same that should be fine).   Once both pieces (or all three etc) have the EXACT same name you can join them.    I have never tried uploading a linkset with different UVMap names (one for each object) so have no clue if that works. 

That's my only idea. Good luck.  

• 3 weeks later...

If you are using 3ds Max, I am pretty sure it is naming issue, I`ve encountered this as well when I started but luckily SL wiki addressed this...

When determining faces numbers do just fine, but before export, you`re supposed to apply material (just diffuse) to each face, best to go with multi-sub material, SL allows 8 max per object. Each time you add a new material, Max names it Material# by default, but SL does not read anything after #, so when naming do not use any special characters or spaces (underscores are fine). I have one multisub with 8 materials saved for this purpose, each material is named Face1, Face 2....Face8 and consists of nothing but a colored 1024x1024 square in diffuse slot. Btw if you are using 3ds Max Design, it uses real world size (in material editor) by default so make sure to change it to 1x1 ratio.

btw I`m late to the party, but it might help someone else in case you got it resolved by now:)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1554 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.