Where is my houseboat????

Tenly

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1568 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Got premium because I was curious about the new homes. Only one available was houseboat. Okay, did NOT get a choice between anything. and when I click to go to my new home there is nothing at all here but water. I got land, no houseboat.

No email, nothing explaining what I should do. Am I supposed to rez something? If yes, how?

sometimes things go a bit wrong, if you like the location, send a ticket to support/use livechat to get things working...
what goes a lot faster, abandon that location, wait a little ( because there is a huge chance you get the same assigned, speaking out of experience in that)
go to your accountpage and pick a new one. BUT there is a risk there won't be a lot of choice for what home is available, or even none! Last weeks houseboats and campers were available, but also Traditional and Victorians are sometimes for grab when somebody abandons those.
You can pick and abandon 5 times in a 24h period, your new clock will get ticking after 24 hours you abandoned the first location.

You'll find a lot more about the Linden Homes in the Land section of the forums, a whole dedicated Linden Home section.

Edited by Alwin Alcott

4 hours ago, Tenly said:

Got premium because I was curious about the new homes. Only one available was houseboat. Okay, did NOT get a choice between anything. and when I click to go to my new home there is nothing at all here but water. I got land, no houseboat.

No email, nothing explaining what I should do. Am I supposed to rez something? If yes, how?

There should at least be a dock with an orange lifebelt on it; click that and it will bring up a menu to select from one of 4 different boat styles. If this doesn't work, you'll need to raise a support ticket. Something has certainly gone wrong; there should never be no boat in the parcel.

Are you absolutely sure you're in the right location?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Matty Luminos said:

there should never be no boat in the parcel.

past week there were several people who got parcels without homes, red lines still around the regions and as addition red script warnings about missing and not rezzing things. It's not impossible this also happens at boats :)

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Tenly said:

Hi Tenly, I suggest checking out the Linden Homes category in the Land Forum. There are hundreds (or maybe thousands) of threads devoted to getting your premium home. I find it a helpful source of information. Thanks, @Alwin Alcott for mentioning this earlier. 

Edited by LuLu Starbrook
Should have read the whole thread before posting.

Got premium because I was curious about the new homes. Only one available was houseboat. 

If the page looked like this, then the Camper/Trailers were also available, but you have to click the picture of the Camper:

image.png.550951321e274af8459a0aec504f6b5b.png

Okay, did NOT get a choice between anything

You don't get any choice about "where" the home is.  You pick the Theme/Style by clicking the appropriate picture - in "2. Select a House".  You then get assigned a random location. 

For some odd reason, the Houseboats almost always land me in the water and I have to go up to the land/houseboat.  There should be a life preserver at the edge of your property.  Clicking that lets you choose which model of houseboat you want to use.  If nothing rezzes, try clicking and holding for 3 seconds to do a reset. If that doesn't work, then you will need Support help.

We don't seem to get emails at all about our Linden Homes, however you can always go back to your Dashboard, click on the "Get your home now" button and rather than showing you what is available to select, it will provide a 'Got to your home' button that will get you to your parcel.  Take a landmark and/or set home there and that will help for the future.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

past week there were several people who got parcels without homes, red lines still around the regions and as addition red script warnings about missing and not rezzing things. It's not impossible this also happens at boats :)

Yes I've seen this. I've also managed to achieve it. If you rez a new house at the exact moment of a server glitch it can fail to ever rez... rare, but it hit me multiple times as the Victorians were rolling out because the system was being taxed so heavily and I was spamming those clicks on that mailbox...

To the OP: there should be a lifepreserver on a post just outside your land. Click it, pick a house style, and it will appear within 30-60 seconds. If you don't like it, click the preserver again and select a different style...

Ideally go through all 4 styles and walk around in them... then decide on one and use the preserver to rez that one.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Tenly said:

You click on a thing that looks a bit like this:

2df908d362adaa3937b9720ff9dce3ea.png

Pick a house style, and it will appear within 30-60 seconds. If you don't like it, click the preserver again and select a different style...

Ideally go through all 4 styles and walk around in them... then decide on one and use the preserver to rez that one.

• Thanks 1

Isn't the OP the one advertising another world?  Post good things about any other world, and bad things about SL.  That's good Marketing, I suppose, but why should LL host it for free?

I really think the OP could have figured it out themselves, and the negative post is just part of the marketing game.

Edited by Desiree Moonwinder
  • Like 2

On 12/31/2019 at 12:29 AM, Tenly said:

Obviously you figured it out, when you land at your new houseboat you likely landed in the water.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1568 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.