Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Fushichou Mfume

Mycha skin (theSkinnery) for Genus - but which head shape?

Recommended Posts

I'm considering the MYCHA skin as part of the reason to switch to a Genus head (I'm tired of the Catwa duck lips and the clunky HUD). But I also like the RAIN skin a lot. In the mainstore for theSkinnery, they make it clear that RAIN is designed for the Classic head shape. But they give no clues about which head shape the MYCHA was designed for. Any tips?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Fushichou Mfume said:

I'm considering the MYCHA skin as part of the reason to switch to a Genus head (I'm tired of the Catwa duck lips and the clunky HUD). But I also like the RAIN skin a lot. In the mainstore for theSkinnery, they make it clear that RAIN is designed for the Classic head shape. But they give no clues about which head shape the MYCHA was designed for. Any tips?

I used Mycha for quite some time on Genus Classic. I switched eventually to Juliet, which is actually pretty close. I think it looked pretty good, generally, on Classic -- although I always use the "no brows" option, and added these later.

I'm about 99% certain that I'm wearing Mycha with the Genus Classic in this pic, to give you an idea of how it can look:

Looking-Up-Blank.thumb.png.00c632d044fe2214cda3d1b5a8a83791.png

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It works well on all of them really..I've used it with The beta head,Classic,Babyface and strong..

It will look good on any of the heads really..

I would try a demo of the skin and demo of the different heads to see which you may like better..

I have all Genus heads and all the ebony versions of the genus Skinnery skins that came in ebony,with Mycha being one of them..

I really love Baby face myself,but that is just my personal preference for my look..

Mycha is really a very pretty skin on any of them..:)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Fushichou Mfume said:

Thank you both! ❤️

One consideration that I forgot to mention.

The Skinnery has updated their body skins for BOM. They've done a nice job with these. And their newer appliers for Genus also include a tattoo layer skin for BOM.

However, they have not yet updated Mycha (or most of their older appliers for Genus). And that includes Mycha: there's no way to use it, so far as I know at the moment, with BOM. I don't know if they plan to update these older appliers are not: I certainly hope so. But I haven't been able to get a straight answer on this.

(One thing: Genus has just sent out an update of its heads, making them BOM compatible. I haven't checked this out yet: maybe they've retained one onion layer for applier skins? I'm not sure.)

ETA: Genus has not, as I had hoped, actually updated their head after all. They've simply released a relay, or whatever you call it, that enables the existing head to accept a system tattoo layer skin. Poop.

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

One consideration that I forgot to mention.

The Skinnery has updated their body skins for BOM. They've done a nice job with these. And their newer appliers for Genus also include a tattoo layer skin for BOM.

However, they have not yet updated Mycha (or most of their older appliers for Genus). And that includes Mycha: there's no way to use it, so far as I know at the moment, with BOM. I don't know if they plan to update these older appliers are not: I certainly hope so. But I haven't been able to get a straight answer on this.

(One thing: Genus has just sent out an update of its heads, making them BOM compatible. I haven't checked this out yet: maybe they've retained one onion layer for applier skins? I'm not sure.)

Yea,I've been holding off on updating my head and body yet myself..

I need to be able to spend some good time in SL before I get into BOM..

I have everything I need,the viewer updated and all my stuff..I just want to really know it before I go there..

plus yea, a lot of my skinnery skins are the ones not updated yet anyways..

hehehehe

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Yea,I've been holding off on updating my head and body yet myself..

I've set up my Slink Redux for BOM: it's ready to go. What I don't have yet is anything for my head -- I'm waiting to see what happens on that front. I really don't want to have to buy a new head applier/skin, in part because I like the one I'm using now.

And then there are the other things I need to update: makeup, applier/system clothing like tees, camisoles, undies, jeans and slacks . . .

UGH.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I've set up my Slink Redux for BOM: it's ready to go. What I don't have yet is anything for my head -- I'm waiting to see what happens on that front. I really don't want to have to buy a new head applier/skin, in part because I like the one I'm using now.

And then there are the other things I need to update: makeup, applier/system clothing like tees, camisoles, undies, jeans and slacks . . .

UGH.

Yes,I'm just not sure I want to dive into everything like that again.. I'm pretty happy with my avatar at the moment..

I just know it's going to be one way or the other and not a mix of both.. I'm unorganized enough in my pit of an inventory,as it is..hehehehe

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I just know it's going to be one way or the other and not a mix of both.. I'm unorganized enough in my pit of an inventory,as it is..hehehehe

I sympathize with that approach. I can't face the prospect of going through each of my outfits and changing everything over, so I'm going to do this (once I've got something for the Genus, and have at least a few basic makeup and clothing pieces in place) bit-by-bit, replacing each outfit as I wear it for the first time. I have a sort of rudimentary system that flags outfits by the kind of mesh body/head that they use, so I can use that to keep track, hopefully, of what has been updated, and what hasn't.

However . . . until I have something for the Genus, it's academic anyway.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After really demo-ing Genus versus Lelutka all morning, it seems the overall Genus experience is fairly unfriendly. The skins I see in the stores for the Genus look great, but the Lelutka simplicity and usability is very appealing in comparison to Genus.

Thanks again for all the great advice. 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Fushichou Mfume said:

After really demo-ing Genus versus Lelutka all morning, it seems the overall Genus experience is fairly unfriendly. The skins I see in the stores for the Genus look great, but the Lelutka simplicity and usability is very appealing in comparison to Genus.

Thanks again for all the great advice. 

 

I recently switched Debi from Lelutka to Genus but .. and this is a huge but .... I didn't do it until BoM was readily available. The key for me liking, no not liking but loving, my Genus head is that I use nearly all BoM system layers with it and rarely touch the Genus Hud. Also, I don't use the Genus animations. I bought the Vista head animator. It has HUDs for other heads as well in the package. It really made the difference for me. I had been trying Genus demos for months, and though I really liked how the head looked, it was just too funky using the HUDs. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Blush Bravin said:

I had been trying Genus demos for months, and though I really liked how the head looked, it was just too funky using the HUDs. 

It IS a really poorly designed and confusing HUD. As, generally, is the layering system. I like the Genus animations myself (I've disabled my Vista Bento head animations on my AO), but it's also a bit confusing. So, agreed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

It IS a really poorly designed and confusing HUD. As, generally, is the layering system. I like the Genus animations myself (I've disabled my Vista Bento head animations on my AO), but it's also a bit confusing. So, agreed.

I do use a Vista AO but I have the head animations in the AO turned off as well. What I am using is a HUD specifically made for heads only. It has many more animations and features than what is included with a regular bento AO from Vista.

Edited by Blush Bravin
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I put my vista animations in my firestorm view AO so I could use the stands and things like that..This way I don't have the extra hud.

Then with the Genus hud I use the combination B animation if I remember right,plus the blink..

Those work best for me..

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...