Second Life's New Web Profiles

WADE1 Jya

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4664 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Thread Focus:

I thought it would be great if many residents gave concise feedback here about what they would like to see as the web profiles develop & gain more detail & depth. Try to keep it positive and talk about what features you would like to see added, changed, or subtracted from the design of our new web profiles.

Then somebody from Linden Lab could (maybe) read this thread.

It might help them see what we all collectively desire as features (instead of guessing what features we might like) :matte-motes-sunglasses-3:

I'll start with my feedback. It looks great so far I think. A good start. I would like to see it have a "wall" where I could (for example) post YouTube videos featuring my latest Second Life stuff. I would also like for the profiles to stay being very much about Second Life, if there is anything much to share about real life it should remain an optional minor element here, to maintain SL's immersion element.

What would you like to see done with web profiles? :matte-motes-grin:

WADE1 Jya wrote:

What would you like to see done with web profiles? :matte-motes-grin:

For starters, I would like the open in my web browser and not the in world window.  I have more control over my personal choice of web browser and as far as I know, no choice over what the in world browser does or how it handles ... well , anything; meta tags, CSS, or even cookies.  We were given a choice to use our own browser but then that choice was negated for profiles ....

IIRC if you set your external browser as the default for v2, profiles will go to it, although I think that needs to be a per feature option (some content at this time only works in the internal browser)

we need more interactive communications available to the wider web... rathaer than content exports like static profile pages that aren't really of interest to the rest of the web community, and less convenient to their users... if they're going to insist on making them web available then they need to give others a reason to care about them... features like optional live status updates might help improve the existing profiles, but the idea needs to be carried further to live communications to and from SL.

• 1 month later...

I would like to see interests searching work with wildcards.

Too many fools with interests like:

"Fashion and dancing"

- which fails in search if you look for 'fashion' or look for 'dancing'. They instead need to use:

"fashion"

"dancing"

- But even this fails if I search for 'Dance"

Yeah...

That could use a little tweaking somewhere.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4664 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.