Purchasing the correct item

cashmeregold

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1573 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

4 answers to this question

Use your imagination.  If you are decorating a house, you may do it any way you wish.  Ignore what other people might want to do with theirs. If your imagination draws you toward cooking and mealtimes, study what's available for creating a great kitchen and dining area. If food is not a focus of your imagination, why waste money and land impact on it at all?  There's no "right" way to experience SL. Personally, I spend very little of my time indoors in SL. I have a skybox where I log in.  I decorate with a few things that have nostalgic meaning for me, but I have no need for a kitchen , bathroom, dining area, or bedroom.  I have a sense that you have very different priorities from mine, so your home will look very different.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, cashmeregold said:

How do I know if i'm choosing the correct things like a kitchen?  i see things with animations, are those good to buy?

if you look at MP,  always click the link "see item in Second Life'  or see if there's a demo and go try it.
For me, no demo, or not able to see it, means "no deal "

As second, think about furniture that's not really functional, nearly never used, or want to spend more Li on thing you really like to add to your home. Kitchens often are only decor, so keep it low Li, or even skip it totally.

Edited by Alwin Alcott
  • Like 4

My SL homes have bathrooms, but no kitchens.  Go figure...both are equally unnecessary for avatars.  But, depending on the animations included, either one can be fun.

If you're on the Marketplace, scroll to the bottom of the listing.  See if there is a link "See item in Second Life".  If there is, then you can click there and use the SLURL to get to the in world store and try out the item.  Otherwise, see if they offer a demo to try out.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1573 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.