Exploratorium Sim and SciLands Shutdown!

Peryda

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1551 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

To Whom it May Concern,

I have recently visited one of the best sims I have seen in Secondlife and the only one in recent past I wanted to take my actual real life daughter who has an account here to visit.  The website is full of stores selling junk I don't need as well as disturbing fetish sims.  Yet, I have discovered this wonderful site called "Exploratorium" and Scilands which offers wonderful builds of the solar system and space exploration and functions like a real life museum with many wonders to see.

I have recently found out that it will actually be deleted at the end of THIS MONTH due to inability to pay for the Sim, and that Linden is shutting it down after having given it for free from April to Dec 2019.  I am protesting this.  If I cannot take my daughter there when she can finally login to Secondlife (because she's a full time ER hospital staff as well as a full time student in nursing and has limited time), then I think I will be so disappointed.  I have spend 1000s of Lindens on objects for my land plus a land tier and 2 premium accounts for me and her.

I am highly considering cancelling my accounts if they will not continue to support this project for free because I think it should be a public service.  If someone is willing to go into Secondlife and create a huge scientific or educational project that benefits the entire community, I believe Linden should allow them to have a free grant sim to do this, it is a lot of work to create these builds, and many people have jobs with limited time to do such a project and are volunteering to create it for the public and not profit.  Therefore Linden should support these types of projects.  

Without these, many people will not come to Secondlife who wish to have regular nice and exploratory, educational, and fun experiences here and it will be abandoned to only people who wish to live out secret "secondlife" fetishes of a disturbing nature.  

Please take this into consideration and continue to allow this to continue as a public benefit.  Thank you.

Peryda Resident

https://www.sciencecircle.org/event/audience-questions/

https://www.sciencecircle.org/our-region-in-second-life/

Edited by Peryda
typos
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Peryda said:

To Whom it May Concern,

I have recently visited one of the best sims I have seen in Secondlife and the only one in recent past I wanted to take my actual real life daughter who has an account here to visit.  The website is full of stores selling junk I don't need as well as disturbing fetish sims.  Yet, I have discovered this wonderful site called "Exploratorium" and Scilands which offers wonderful builds of the solar system and space exploration and functions like a real life museum with many wonders to see.

I have recently found out that it will actually be deleted at the end of THIS MONTH due to inability to pay for the Sim, and that Linden is shutting it down after having given it for free from April to Dec 2019.  I am protesting this.  If I cannot take my daughter there when she can finally login to Secondlife (because she's a full time ER hospital staff as well as a full time student in nursing and has limited time), then I think I will be so disappointed.  I have spend 1000s of Lindens on objects for my land plus a land tier and 2 premium accounts for me and her.

I am highly considering cancelling my accounts if they will not continue to support this project for free because I think it should be a public service.  If someone is willing to go into Secondlife and create a huge scientific or educational project that benefits the entire community, I believe Linden should allow them to have a free grant sim to do this, it is a lot of work to create these builds, and many people have jobs with limited time to do such a project and are volunteering to create it for the public and not profit.  Therefore Linden should support these types of projects.  

Without these, many people will not come to Secondlife who wish to have regular nice and exploratory, educational, and fun experiences here and it will be abandoned to only people who wish to live out secret "secondlife" fetishes of a disturbing nature.  

Please take this into consideration and continue to allow this to continue as a public benefit.  Thank you.

Peryda Resident

https://www.sciencecircle.org/event/audience-questions/

https://www.sciencecircle.org/our-region-in-second-life/

Edited 2 hours ago by Peryda

More room for me then :) 

Edited by Cindy Evanier
  • Like 4

M'kay ....

1. A region/sim is not a "site"
  2. Linden Lab does/did "support" educational projects
    1. These projects do - however - have to actually pay for their regions like everyone else
    2. While Linden Lab may hand out the occasional "grant" for educational projects, this is time limited and the project is on its own afterward
  3. What you find "disturbing" is rather irrelevant
  4. You do not speak for anyone but yourself and thus do not know what "many people" come to/use Second Life for

That about covers it I think. Your agreement with the above is not required. Any reaction you have to the above is your own and merely indicates your own bias.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Peryda said:

To Whom it May Concern,

Now here's your problem : people remain unconserned no matter your opinion. What you consider invaluable scientifical education is disposable and perhaps outdated ("been there, seen that") knowledge. I've had a discussion like this here regarding an artwork. Let's not rake that one up though.

Essentially what I am trying to say is : If you want the sim preserved quickly, buy it. Regarding Lindenlab : they will preserve the sim if they consider it neccesary. Not sooner. Hardly anybody, especially not the community here or Lindenlab in general. else will either care or be able to save it. Many brilliant sim aside this one, was lost this way.

Good luck.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Peryda said:

Having sex with children is pretty much mala in se wherever you go on earth, except "Secondlife."  just saying.  

Congratulations! No one is going to listen to a word you have to say now! It only took you two posts to move the goalposts off the field and into the next galaxy.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Peryda said:

Having sex with children is pretty much mala in se wherever you go on earth, except "Secondlife."  just saying.  

Bypassing your insult, I must point out you are under the assumption there is something like an archived public domain here.

Be informed there's no such thing here. If there's an archive of sims at all here, it is driven by corporate intention and perception.

Edited by TDD123

8 minutes ago, Peryda said:

Having sex with children and animals is pretty much mala in se wherever you go on earth, except "Secondlife."  just saying.  

Just now, Peryda said:

Many of you should learn how to spell or use spell checker, the fact of so many school dropout members makes it clear why SL is full of adults child and zoo philia.

1 You obviously frequent different adult locations than I do

2.  You do realise not everyone in SL speaks English?

2 minutes ago, Peryda said:

Many of you should learn how to spell or use spell checker, the fact of so many school dropout members makes it clear why SL is full of adults child and zoo philia.

So you come in here and debate, stomp your feet and call us names when supplied answers you disapprove of and call US immature ?

AND a grammar-nazi too ?

/me leaves the thread.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Peryda said:

I fully agree. 100%.

But what on earth has that got to do with a project running out of funds? Are you accusing any persons in Second Life with carrying out, permitting, or in any way facilitating this kind of activity? If so, it is VITAL that you raise an Abuse Report immediately. LL will investigate such a report with a very high priority indeed.

• Like 1

No, I am here to support a great "Region."  I think its sad that they will get deleted.  I know that doesn't concern you, you have made that clear.  What concerns you is probably secret enclaves to support your creepy fetishes and/or harassing and attacking people with an actual point  That is the definition of troll.  Please note,  I am only reacting to your hostile comments posted to mine (when if you wanted to be nasty you could just stay silent and ignore me, or go post little quips on your own front).  Instead you chose to come to mine.  I did not choose to go to yours.  So since you chose to come to mine, you cannot call me a troll as you you failed to post your own content but merely a response.

I would say "have a nice day" to you also but chances are you won't.  What time does the liquor store open where you live?  I bet Las Vegas is where.  

• Haha 2

PS -- the region and or sim is a website.

noun
noun: website; plural noun: websites; noun: web-site; plural noun: web-sites
  1. a location connected to the Internet that maintains one or more pages on the World Wide Web.

but then you may know that if you didn't drop out of CIS 001 and were slithering around in some furry sado masochistic VR link.

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Peryda said:

And others should put a lot less trust in machine translation, at least if they want to look like intellectuals.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, TDD123 said:

So you come in here and debate, stomp your feet and call us names when supplied answers you disapprove of and call US immature ?

AND a grammar-nazi too ?

/me leaves the thread.

Who is "us?"  Some monolithic group of people who spent the last 10 years of their lives debating me about the benefits of BOM vs. the latest and greatest Nails HUD applier for some 11 years collective?  Thanks but I'm not a group joiner nor perceive a monolithic, monochrome "we" vs me in some non-existent fantasy you created in your mind.

1. This is a public forum - you do not get to choose who reacts to your posts nor why they do so
  2. My responses thus far are blunt and matter of fact - deal with it or use the Ignore function
  3. Your assumptions and reactions make your intent rather clear
    1. I already stated in my initial post that any reaction you have is your own and is quite irrelevant to the information presented/points being made
  4. You then came at anyone who responded with both barrels and the attitude of a troll

Own your responses and attitude.

• Like 2

(note to self) "Us" consists of a sourpuss hag spewing curse words, and a "wished it was beowulf" master of dungeons in a real life clutter-shack pretending its "The World at Large."

Edited by Peryda
changed it to wulf
  • Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1551 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.