Home

hotgoth14

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1579 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

4 answers to this question

6 minutes ago, hotgoth14 said:

Will I be able to get a home that is free in SL ??

Yes but unlikely you will find land to put it on for free.  

There are some limited spots around sl that will allow new accounts (usually under 30 days to live for free for a while while they get orientated)  I am sure people will be along to the thread shortly to give suggestions of where they are.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cindy Evanier said:

Yes but unlikely you will find land to put it on for free.  

There are some limited spots around sl that will allow new accounts (usually under 30 days to live for free for a while while they get orientated)  I am sure people will be along to the thread shortly to give suggestions of where they are.

You get a very nice "free" home if you become a Premium member.  Premium membership has other benefits as well.  However, it does carry a cost...$11.99 per month, or $99 if you pay for the full year in advance.

If a house is very important to you, and you insist on it being free, then try IMVU or Sinespace.  Those virtual worlds do give you a free residence at startup.  But I think Second Life offers a great deal more than they do.

There are two different meanings of "home" at play here.  One is "a place where you have some rights to occupy space and create or modify objects." The other is "a building that you can live in and possibly customize."  Those two definitions may apply to the same physical space but you might also decide to set your "home" (using the menu choice World >> Set Home to Here) in a spot where a group or Linden Lab gives you permission to enter and create things but not leave them permanently, so you can't place a building there and live in it.   You might also buy a house from some creator/merchant but not be able to live in it unless you also own a parcel of land to put it on.  No matter which definition of "home" you mean, there are usually costs.  The best idea, while you are starting in SL, is to wait, explore, and learn how things work before committing to the expense of a permanent home with both land and a house.

Study some of the helpful articles in the Knowledge Base (tab at the top of this page) that deal with Land >>> https://community.secondlife.com/search/?type=cms_records3&tags=land&nodes=30&search_and_or=or

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1579 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.