Lost Inventory from Return Items

Kari Seranno

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4635 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have lost ALL of my inventory that was on my land.  The landlord said they returned my items but it has been about a week and NONE of the items have shown up.  I have searched my entire inventory.  None of it is there.  I had a lot of expensive furnishings etc that I could not copy.  They are just gone.  Is there a way to trace or find these items?  If you can help me to recover my inventory, please let me know. 

Thank you,

Kari

Search in your lost and found folder and also recent items. You will probably find a coalescent object (it looks like a broken cube). It can have any name, libe "object" or the name of the latest object that was returned to you.

All your items should be in it. Go to a place where you can rez objects (a sandbox if you don't have land), click edit land and put the coalesced cube on the ground. You should see all your objects in the position they were before you left your previous land. Them pick back each of your items one by one back to your inventory.

Thank you for your help Valerie.  I did actually find an item that looks like a strange little cube.  I have not been able to open it because apparently there are plants in the grouping.  Every time I try to rez it I get an error that the land owner doesn't allow it or that I can not create plants on this land.  I have been to numerous sandboxes and have had no luck.  I have submitted a support ticket and hope that Linden Labs will allow me to rez it somewhere so I can grab my things and move on.

What an ordeal for something that could have been simple...  :smileysad:

Thanks again Valerie.

Thanks for your kind words Kari. I am sorry you are having this Linden plants problem. I have only vaguely heard of that and I am afraid I cannot give any advice. I would suggest you contact Peewee Musytari, I think she knows a good deal about it. She's a contributor in these forums and always a kind and great helper.

• 3 weeks later...

I have lost a item after a auto return. All other items came back except for this one item. I have tried looking in lost and found and clear caching, but to no avail.  I even did a search of my inventory.  So what the next step in fixing this?

• 2 months later...

I have had the same thing happen, we lost our land and items were returned a few wks ago, but I have absolutely nothing in my invent that looked like a broken cube the only thing in my lost and found folder was a single dance chair and it had the same emblem that it had from before. I would very much like to find out where my stuff went. Is there anyway to see if the system ate it? :(

LL should give you access to Unpackistan when they deal with your ticket Kari & you will be able to rezz it there and take back all your  objects one by one.

I agree about people making simple things difficult, returning stuff using about land should be an absolute last resort, it causes so many problems for people, not least of which is losing their stuff altogether. :(

/me waves @ Valerie...Congrats on your red bowling pin!!  0143.gif

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4635 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.