OBS recording and editing in Premiere

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1574 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

of SL video I been experimenting and watching alot of tutorials lately on OBS recording settings, and after recording editing in Premiere Pro (or similar editor)

What i have found for OBS settings is use either mp4 or mkv , along with Nvidia NVENC h.264 new (for newer nvidia cards) which is standard, but, for rate control instead of using CBR or VBR to use CQP. CQP is a constant quality setting and will adjust the bit rate depending on the scene. the lower the number the higher quality (and bigger file) I have mine set at 10 now which is near-lossless encoding - up to 20 should be fine for smaller file sizes. Preset should be Max Quality. Obviously you need to test these setting make sure your computer can handle these settings other wise raise CQP some and set the Preset to quality

On the editing side, anybody who edits knows mp4 sucks for editing - it doesnt scrub well and play back can often not be good. Simple solution which only adds one extra step in the work flow is to transcode (convert) the mp4 to either ProRes 422 HQ, DnxHD, or Cineform for importing and editing. If you have Premiere then you have the Media encoder, so you can add a watch folder and auto encode all your mp4s

Now if I can only eliminate the lag in SL lol

obs.png

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1574 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.