Items sent in folder not showing in Inv.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1574 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have a really odd one here.....

If someone sends me something in a folder - notecards, LM''s, poses, animations, gestures etc... I do not receive the folder....It shows in local that I have received it, and it shows on my transactions that I have been sent an item, yet nothing shows in my inv. I have to ask the sender to put the item inside a prim and send me the prim. This is becoming increasingly annoying as I have to pass and receive a lot of items. 

Has anyone heard of this happening before or experienced it themselves?

I have tried clearing my cache, logging in to a quiet sandbox, checking no filters are on and even doing a clean install. I have also tried it on multiple viewers. I am at a loss. Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance

Belle x

Folders cannot be sent by IM, only objects can which will show in the objects folder.

If they send you something that unpacks then yes it'll show up in a folder, same as if you bought something from a vendor.

Direct sending of folders isn't possible.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Syn Anatine said:

Folders cannot be sent by IM, only objects can which will show in the objects folder.

If they send you something that unpacks then yes it'll show up in a folder, same as if you bought something from a vendor.

Direct sending of folders isn't possible.

I sent a whole folder just today to someone with no issues. I am in Firestorm. Not sure if that is different in the Linden viewer.  It arrived in a folder and everything was as it should be. 

• Like 2

I received folders before.  A few weeks ago I could receive anything. The last folder I accepted had LM's and notecards in it and I had no problems with it. The very next day I couldn't receive folders. It's really odd.  I know you can send and receive folders normally.... just not me at the moment lol

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1574 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.