Facebook!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4693 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

@Del: LMAO

@Moiselle: Not sure I would use the term "sheep" but if your into animals fill your boots. I would say choice when it comes to communication tools, which is an individual thing not a herd policy. Try to open you mind it is painless.:)

MoiselleErin Teardrop wrote:

Also, isn't twitter kind of taking over as the flavor of the year for sheep to follow?

Twitter: blogging for people with ADHD =P

(is actually surprised at the number of people that like twitter here, whatever works for you I guess)

you know, you could always kill time here on these forums... plenty of lively off the wall discussions to be had.

Deltango Vale wrote:

That reminds me of a Facebook Teenager I met in Church. Afterward, I learned she was a Child Avi living in the Red Zone with a Vampire, a Fury and a Linden Moderator. Jesus, was I surprised! Yet while each of them had a different Religion (she being a devout Christian), they agreed that Forum Ranks were Wasted on a Newbie ESL'er who, having had too many prunes for lunch, was racking up points discussing her Talking Tummy in three different threads. I, on the other hand, was curious to know whether my friend was a Slave to Viewer 2, but the conversation switched to Merchants and whether money was really Breedable in Second Life.

Oohhh... I hope no one dies of heart attack with this so many 'trigger' points.. it will be your fault, not mine! hehe. You forgot Twitter... Dee made a good point there. People are getting upset with Twitter too.

@Willow: Hey there. I have to admit your list was a great one and you did say you you could go on so there was hope for Twitter and belly button inspections as well as grass growing and the colour of apples.

It will never cease to amaze me what people get there knickers in a knot over. But that's the fun isn't it LOL hugs.

5_8_5[1].gif

I don't think the reaction is to be hateful toward you, It is more that they fear for you. I mean, back in the days (in the 90's) people trusted a lot and thought no big deal about info and there where horror stories. Heck, I even read one today where 3 teens hunted some dude down after robbing him when the poor guy responded to a classifieds ad they faked to lure him! THey shot him dead! If he had of questioned about the laptop a bit more and maybe went with a group of people instead of alone (sounds like they where preppared with three because you know most people will only go with one other and even then they dont' have guns with them...the teens did) and I mean....babies on the way screams vulnrable to an extent, as well as maybe needy for money and wanting to sort of pulll people closer as you have the difficult times ahead with trying to raise a kid ect.

I mean, the horror stories with ZERO internet to hide behind of bad spouses is crazy. 50 percent divorce rate in the US, wher you can argue it is just more able to because there was historically more jobs available ect. so....wow, people are really sort of fearing for you a bit.

I mean, the funny thing is you might be a like angry dude who sat by and watched all these losers marry your girlfreinds after "stealing them" and the last one used to say she was abandoned and find guys to have sex with. BAM, he assumes the same story and is like "Oh, I lied because it is like my boyfriend is ignoring me so much he has abandoned me even though we sit in teh same room right now!! Beside I love you now!" and then the poor dude takes the bate! He goes to meat Sam...but Sam is a 6ft 8' angry guy with a club foot and not job and seeks vengence on all of the slime bags who would cheat with his ex...or at least thier kind and type!!! BAM, a big fist up sid ethe head and some wierd guy wonders what the hell wrong turn he made and how he just insulted...."I am SAM you idiot....surprise, surprise...you ended up on your back and on both knees crawling away for you life instead of on one knee to make a new life!! HahahahahaaaaggghGHGHGGHHG :manmad:"and then he pulls out a big butchers knife!!! :o /me hides under desk and wonders why he ever logged onto the net today.

BTW, I doubt anyone is offended....although I should I  be? HHhhmmm...

I have a RL facebook but use it for friends and family because I live in another country and it's nice to keep in touch. I also use it for networking since I volunteer in animal rescue and have found many organizations in my area this way.  Your best bet would be to do a search on FB for Second Life and join the groups and fan pages and add SL friends that way.

Hi Sam!

To answer your question, I had a FB profile for awhile for my  avi but then didn't really have much use for it and it was just one more thing to log on and check...so I deleted it and now have added a few SL friends to my RL facebook page and they have added me to theirs. These are people I've known in SL for a year and trust with my personal  information. It's a juggling act sometimes knowing how much information to give people to remain safe. :)

In general I use FB to communicate with family that live far from me and to post pictures of my dog :)

Enjoy Sl and feel free to say hello to me anytime if you find me in-world! And congrats on your baby .

--Ruby

Deltango Vale wrote:

That reminds me of a Facebook Teenager I met in Church. Afterward, I learned she was a Child Avi living in the Red Zone with a Vampire, a Fury and a Linden Moderator. Jesus, was I surprised! Yet while each of them had a different Religion (she being a devout Christian), they agreed that Forum Ranks were Wasted on a Newbie ESL'er who, having had too many prunes for lunch, was racking up points discussing her Talking Tummy in three different threads. I, on the other hand, was curious to know whether my friend was a Slave to Viewer 2, but the conversation switched to Merchants and whether money was really Breedable in Second Life.

Woo! 

I think you got all the buzzwords in there!

(applauds)

Hi Sam!

First I want to point out your name: SamSweethart? As in Sammi from Jersey Shore :) Are you a fan? I think PaulyD is my favorite!

And I want to say Welcome to the forum! You picked a hot button topic for your first post. Congrats! I think a lot of Residents would prefer to use Twitter, Plurk or even Skype to chat with friends outside of SL.

Ishtara wrote:Unlike Facebook, Yahoo does not spy on me, it doesn't track my browsing habits....

Yahoo data mines.  It does spy on you.  It does track your browsing habits.  It received the 2008 Innovation Award by the Association for Computing Machinery Special interest Group on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining.  Data mining is a a core component of its business plan.

You can however, as you pointed out, preserve some sense of anonymity by not using your real name.

hi Sam, welcome to the forums :)

you can find a lot of people from all over the world meeting them all over Second Life, visiting your favorite places you may find people that share your same interests.

the forums here can be a great place to make friends when you can't access Second Life, we discuss about anything related to it, so, if you want to talk about Second Life this is the right place.

those that reject you for being pregnant are just ignorant, they dont know about the privilege to have such a beautiful little girl that Olivia is growing inside of you.

I've noticed people would prefer to just talk on here or Twitter. I guess I'm fine with that, but I looove Facebook games so I thought I could have friends on it! Lol.

Olivia is definitely my little miracle. I may be young, but I'm not the first or last person to fall pregnant young. c:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4693 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.