New Land Area

JackieTeal

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1569 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

11 hours ago, Abnor Mole said:

... We can't clone a region that has been already release and has resident content on it. We'd have to use they state it was originally released in (assuming that is even possible). It means any changes that have been made on the live version have to be done all over again (also assuming it's even possible and we can track down everything that was changed or fixed). ...

Maybe I am a bit naive there but having a region in an OpenSim Grid (Craft) I am used to just up- and downloading my whole region, backing it up from time to time, being able to return to any former version if I wish. So I assumed as a matter of course that every time just BEFORE you released any Bellisseria- region you just took an OAR file of it so that you could reproduce the whole continent of Belliseria in a virgin state (without any User- content) in quite another place far from the old one in about one day if you want to.

1 hour ago, Leora Jacobus said:

Maybe I am a bit naive there but having a region in an OpenSim Grid (Craft) I am used to just up- and downloading my whole region, backing it up from time to time, being able to return to any former version if I wish. So I assumed as a matter of course that every time just BEFORE you released any Bellisseria- region you just took an OAR file of it so that you could reproduce the whole continent of Belliseria in a virgin state (without any User- content) in quite another place far from the old one in about one day if you want to.

It has been said a few times here officially (Patch for one I believe) that they can only "clone" once from SSP.  Have no idea to the WHY part of that equation.    

• Thanks 2

• Moles
4 hours ago, Leora Jacobus said:

"virgin state" meaning without any and all fixes/upgrades/changes to content that were made in the months since they were released. Again, it isn't how long it would take to clone it that is the issue, it is the time and effort required to prepare that cloned region to be in a state it would be able to be released. Like many things, it isn't as simple as people think or assume it is.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

9 hours ago, Raspberry Crystal said:

The absence of larger multi-region terrain features in the interior regions is the biggest problem from my perspective. Maybe this method could be adapted so that the 'tile' pieces were broken up with some  unique terrains within the interior rather than just the coastal areas?

I, too, enjoy the larger geographic features in North Belli.  The "rockies" in the midsection (I swear there's a waterfall there that's now featuring in a Coors commercial), the "Finger Lakes" Campwich area, the beachiness that extends well into the Pickle, the varied landscapes cheek-by-jowl in Belli's head.  In fact, a big reason why I'm in SL and not in an Opensim somewhere is because of the large, explorable, contiguous geographies that I did not, myself, create.  I love to explore.

I think it's great that water is now connecting multiple continents.

I really REALLY hope we'll see new geographies emerge in new themes.

Both interior and coastal Victoribelle is beautiful.  But I have to say that the only inland Vics I regret abandoning were along the big river there.  I just love geography.

• Like 6

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1569 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.