New Land Area

JackieTeal

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1567 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Forgive me if this has already been mentioned, but I've just noticed what seems to be a new area of land in the far north east, (around 98, 220, 42 on the grid), east of Muenster.  I couldn't TP there, but from what I can see on the map, it looks a bit different to Bellisseria.  Looks like the Moles are busy up there...

5 minutes ago, JackieTeal said:

1724442586_newarea2_001.thumb.png.aa9d5928d4225de21e99f179247eab02.png

That is the actual SSP area, which is where the Moles did their development for the Bellisseria continent.  Most of it matches up with current Bellesseria, but there are a few differences here and there.  It isn't anything we can get to -- totally just their work area.

If you go to the beginning of the SSP? thread, you'll see when it was first spotted in Aug 2018 and how it developed over the months:

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

1 hour ago, JackieTeal said:

Oh, that's a shame - I thought I'd just discovered something new! 😊

But you did! If it's new to you, then it's not old, right? :) For example, I am *still* discovering 20-year-old movies my parents grew-up with and you know what? They're still new movie to me and just as good for me as it was for those who saw then when they first came out. That same for TV, the same fo places, the same for everything. Would you not want to visit another country or culture because it's not new? Hahaha!

Welcome to the SSP-watchers group. :D

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I do keep wondering if someday that could end up being a second Bellisseria continent if demand ever hits that point. But it is a bit too isolated for it.

On the other hand, I would LOVE to see them slide it over to Zindra; rate it "A", and put it on a separate pulldown choice on the selection list. Sadly that's what Horizons was meant for, but they let the land barons take that from us...

• Like 1

They mentioned early on about hoping to build around 4000 new regions for premium homes, we're at a little over 1000 at my guesstimates, i havn't counted but the highest sspe## i've seen is just over 1000.

[edit] plus they mentioned 8 home themes and we only have 4 in Bellisseria and its full now, besides the mountain strip and that one region by Panamole Canal.

Edited by DevinKnights84
added a sentence
  • Sad 1

31 minutes ago, DevinKnights84 said:

They mentioned early on about hoping to build around 4000 new regions for premium homes, we're at a little over 1000 at my guesstimates, i havn't counted but the highest sspe## i've seen is just over 1000.

[edit] plus they mentioned 8 home themes and we only have 4 in Bellisseria and its full now, besides the mountain strip and that one region by Panamole Canal.

Patch announced the other day when the Victorians came out that they had made 10,000 new homes this year.  I am guessing that number includes the ones out abut not released yet (not all that many) but it wasn't clear in the announcement.   There will not be any more new releases until after the first of the year.  

54 minutes ago, DevinKnights84 said:

plus they mentioned 8 home themes and we only have 4 in Bellisseria and its full now, besides the mountain strip and that one region by Panamole Canal

There will be new continents. It is possible they may add new continents nearer to the other existing continents. And there also is this: People have been begging for years to "connect the continents" with water to open up a massive boating and flying experience. So, what if they plop the new continent between the existing ones and then decide to create a water channel to the others? Just a thought. We cannot see Patch's big picture, but consider the the lengths they are going to (absolutely unheard of coming from LL up to now) - it would be a wonderful shock, but I also would be surprised.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DevinKnights84 said:

I think you missed a zero in each of those numbers -- maybe should have been 40,000 and 10,000.

One of his first interviews, he said there were over 38,000 old Linden Homes to be replaced - so around 40,000 new ones needed.  His most recent release announcement stated that we currently have over 10,000 of the new homes.

4 hours ago, DevinKnights84 said:

At first that sounded absurd...

But look at how fast we ran out of trads and victorians...

My predictions were wrong on both of those.

Now I'm not at all certain what will happen between the boats and campers... my expectations were the boats would be the first thing gone in all of this but they're going to be either 3rd or 4th... and we may even fill up before the next few days are out...

They are currently building in the mountain strip. I see it on the map but haven't gone to look... so whatever is going there is going to fill in soon. We do still have a few SSPE regions here and there so there is more to be released... but not much.

I still say... something like the island I am currently on over by fishtown: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Worth/118/167/22

That island is a 9 region creature that could be cloned all over the grid, causing it to lose it's charm (there are 2 clones of it already)... but it looks easy to spin up copies of that... I would love to see an 'Adult' rated copy placed near http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Kessler/15/64/22 and they could do a G rated one near the old teen grid sims...

54 minutes ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

...I still say... something like the island I am currently on over by fishtown: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Worth/118/167/22 ...

Actually I am on the second clone in Conger Reef and I must say though I am generally NOT a fan of any cloning this region lump (little island) is extremely well done and nearly as beautyful as the Pickle. As long as they place it well out of sight from any mainland absurdities like that big black mountain I wouldn't mind if they made a few more of these clones! ;)

• Like 1

On 12/28/2019 at 7:29 AM, DevinKnights84 said:

We know from chatting with Patch Linden that there are about 30K old premium homes. We know from various interviews that before Bellisseria rolled out that SL had 60K premium users and there has been an increase since Bellisseria came out. So if they're planning on removing all the old homes and offering new home styles in the same quantity I think we can assume between 30K and 40K homes that will be built. So far we're sitting now at about 10K if I remember right from what Patch was saying right before they all left for holiday break. So another 20k to 30k homes should be coming. I don't doubt we might see another continent attached to or near Bellisseria if they want to keep with the continuity, and allowing premium users a vast area for travel, flying, boating, trains, etc. We'll see though. This is all speculation of course. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Gingir Ghoststar said:

We know from chatting with Patch Linden that there are about 30K old premium homes. We know from various interviews that before Bellisseria rolled out that SL had 60K premium users and there has been an increase since Bellisseria came out. So if they're planning on removing all the old homes and offering new home styles in the same quantity I think we can assume between 30K and 40K homes that will be built. So far we're sitting now at about 10K if I remember right from what Patch was saying right before they all left for holiday break. So another 20k to 30k homes should be coming. I don't doubt we might see another continent attached to or near Bellisseria if they want to keep with the continuity, and allowing premium users a vast area for travel, flying, boating, trains, etc. We'll see though. This is all speculation of course. 

I have not liked cloning, but as I get more used to the thought, I think heck, just clone Bellisseria. 10 000 more homes ready to go after the scripting is tested. Put them in automatic release, as they have done now. Bellisseria on the homepage for months.

I did not like that the clone of the huge boat continent, and the other small islands was so visible on the map. I must admit, that when I open the map inworld (I do that almost daily), it is zoomed in so close to the region I am in, that I can't see these clones.

So consider me gone from the "Ew, cloning!" camp to the "I don't care, just clone it" camp.

We have 4 themes now, and Patch Linden has said it's 4 more to come. The superclone Bellisseria will free Lindens and Moles to work on the next 4 themes. It will then be 20 000 homes of the four first, Traditionals, Boats, Campers and Victorians, and 20 000 of the unknown next four.

Should be plenty for all.

• Like 2

On 12/28/2019 at 8:02 AM, Chic Aeon said:

Patch announced the other day when the Victorians came out that they had made 10,000 new homes this year.  I am guessing that number includes the ones out abut not released yet (not all that many) but it wasn't clear in the announcement.   There will not be any more new releases until after the first of the year.  

In the update thread this was his announcement  .. took a pic to make it easier to see it but you can certainly go over to that thread and check for yourself.

0c1ab337cabb62371b0818bcca107faa.png

Key here is he said released not made. So there are over 10k homes already released and available for occupancy as of Dec. 18th.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Raspberry Crystal said:

Maybe getting to a point of not caring might in itself be a problem. It isn't the angry outbursts the lindens need to worry about, it's the slow drift away if people lose interest. Cloned areas are inherently less interesting.

I find myself moving away from these, but not from cloning. For me, that's a non-issue. It's moreso a heavy lack of spaces that make me want to stay(I am too picky). I will keep 1 of my premiums for this next year. Beyond that, i'll have to see. I am exhausted using alts to search, and it's really just not fun for me anymore.

I'll sit back and see what other themes come up over time to see if I continue to keep or add another alt in, but atm i'm personally feeling pretty "nah".

21 hours ago, Gingir Ghoststar said:

We know from various interviews that before Bellisseria rolled out that SL had 60K premium users and there has been an increase since Bellisseria came out.

Do we actually KNOW there has been an increase? Has it been posted officially? Ebbe stated last March that there were about 60K then, agreed. But now?

We know from these forums that lots of folks made alts premium to "house hunt" and have "one of each" :D.  BUT we also know from these forums (back in April and May) that a lot of folks that became premium went back to basic already. Many more are planning to when their time is up (also said on the forums here).  And then we had the Tilia effect where a ton of folks just disappeared from SL.  Some of those were likely premium members. 

AND there are a LOT of empty Old Linden Homes now.  

AND we have the new Super Duper Premium coming out soon which "may" change things big time.  

With all that is unknown at the moment I think almost anything to do with the new homes is a guess.  If we see a new land form show up at SSP after folks come back to work, then we will have a clue. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

I have not liked cloning, but as I get more used to the thought, I think heck, just clone Bellisseria. 10 000 more homes ready to go after the scripting is tested. Put them in automatic release, as they have done now. Bellisseria on the homepage for months.

I did not like that the clone of the huge boat continent, and the other small islands was so visible on the map. I must admit, that when I open the map inworld (I do that almost daily), it is zoomed in so close to the region I am in, that I can't see these clones.

So consider me gone from the "Ew, cloning!" camp to the "I don't care, just clone it" camp.

We have 4 themes now, and Patch Linden has said it's 4 more to come. The superclone Bellisseria will free Lindens and Moles to work on the next 4 themes. It will then be 20 000 homes of the four first, Traditionals, Boats, Campers and Victorians, and 20 000 of the unknown next four.

The original Premium Home Continents were cloned. I think since you could only get 'home' then by teleporting, there wouldn't have been the problem of mistakenly arriving at the wrong place by simply using Map View. Since Bellisseria is accessible by sea or air, cloning the whole of Bellisseria could be a problem for someone who remembers "My home is a houseboat on the upper NE corner". For street-level viewing; however, the way that Bellissereans have individualized their parcels I think makes it impossible that you would find identical homes on different continents. 

In California there are subdivisions with perhaps seven different home models. It is obvious at first, but after a few years people have customized their places so much that they all look unique.

Premium-Continentsnew.jpg

• Thanks 1

• Moles
12 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

Yes... except doesn't work that way. There is a right way to use clones and a wrong way to use clones. The "superclone Bellisseria" idea is definitely the wrong way. We can't clone a region that has been already release and has resident content on it. We'd have to use they state it was originally released in (assuming that is even possible). It means any changes that have been made on the live version have to be done all over again (also assuming it's even possible and we can track down everything that was changed or fixed). Just removing all the resident content from a clone of the existing regions isn't feasible either. That would be a monumental and time consuming task. And it would all have to be completely QA checked before release, which takes almost as long as it does to build a region. QA is waaaaay more than just testing scripts. And I'm not sure where "automatic release" came from. There is no automatic anything when it comes to releasing regions.

The bottom line is... a supercloning of Bellissaria would not actually free anyone to work on anything. The opposite is true. It would actually suck up most of our resources and take them away from building new themes and lands. It's never a simple matter of copy/paste. 

The right way to use clones (we believe) is the way we have done in the Victorian release. Modified prefabbed templates that can be placed and arranged with a mix of one-off built areas. Decreasing necessary build and QA time while arranging the regions made from them in a way they don't "feel" like a clone at eye/ground level. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 13

1 hour ago, Abnor Mole said:

The bottom line is... a supercloning of Bellissaria would not actually free anyone to work on anything. The opposite is true. It would actually suck up most of our resources and take them away from building new themes and lands. It's never a simple matter of copy/paste.

Hooray!  Now that's dealt with .... oh, wait, let me get you some more water.

/me turns away with Abnor's water and surreptitiously pours Reyka Vodka into it.

Here you go!  *smiles brightly*   So!  What's going to be on that 25-region block starting with SSP1001?  Hmmmm? 

/me leans in to catch Abnor's now slightly slurred mumbling.

Really!  Fascinating!  Great!

And ...  when you create SSP2001 ... will that theme be a space odyssey?

• Haha 5

8 hours ago, Abnor Mole said:

The right way to use clones (we believe) is the way we have done in the Victorian release. Modified prefabbed templates that can be placed and arranged with a mix of one-off built areas. Decreasing necessary build and QA time while arranging the regions made from them in a way they don't "feel" like a clone at eye/ground level. 

I appreciate you responding @Abnor Mole I understand the need to speed things up and maximise use of resources. The issue I see with this method is that designing the 'puzzle pieces' to fit together in multiple ways has removed some of the features that made Bellisseria so unique. The absence of larger multi-region terrain features in the interior regions is the biggest problem from my perspective. Maybe this method could be adapted so that the 'tile' pieces were broken up with some  unique terrains within the interior rather than just the coastal areas? This could be larger, continuous stretches of water, or say, or a range of hills which extends for three regions. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1567 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.