Sign in to follow this  
Vanoralynna

If your find a connection and it sparks do you go further or no?

◆If your find a connection and it sparks do you go further or no? Yes sl not dating site but if you build a connection and you both have a spark.◆

connectiongif.gif

i see no problem to talk also outside of SL, but before the same spark in SL is strong enough to be carried over to RL ehm... not so fast, a RL relationship needs a lot more than just a "spark".

I was married for 7 years in SL. 

Never moved further. 

Of course we talked about our RL with each other. If one was sad or upset about something in RL the other comfort and provide a little distraction. 

I know people who did move on and are happily married in RL now so both ways work :)

No. My RL partner will always take priority. I will go as far as "intimate friend" (interpret that as you wish) and I do have such a friend. There's a definite spark between us, we're very much on the same wavelength in many things (but also not, in others, which keeps it interesting) but neither of us intend to go further. We don't even call ourselves partners in SL, and have no plans to do so.

Yepppp. I'm known to not care about plane tickets that much. lol 

I'm the exact opposite of what seems to be the majority here (if I am not wrong ofc). 

Can't keep things in SL only and I don't want to. If there's no will to at least meet as friends irl and have some drinks and pics and laughs, I let people go.

*unless they are in an extraordinary impossible situation and are extremely beautiful individuals inside out. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, ErukaVonD said:

Can't keep things in SL only and I don't want to. If there's no will to at least meet as friends irl and have some drinks and pics and laughs, I let people go

Only showing you options, nothing more. 

https://www.eharmony.com/

I wasn't planning to, but I did meet my now-RL husband in SL.  So yes, that spark worked for us.

SL isn't a dating site though, so proceed with caution.  Actually, that applies to about any relationship no matter where you meet.

• Like 1

On 12/26/2019 at 3:44 PM, Vanoralynna said:

◆If your find a connection and it sparks do you go further or no? Yes sl not dating site but if you build a connection and you both have a spark.◆

connectiongif.gif

I met my RL other half in Active Worlds (predecessor to SL) the beginning of October 1999. He moved over 2000 miles the end of January 2000. We've been together ever since. 

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, Alyona Su said:

Only showing you options, nothing more. 

https://www.eharmony.com/

oh I am in a SL/RL thing. :) I'm still up to meet everybody and anybody. I'm not looking to date or hump them. lol Just having fun and maybe getting high ^^ I was talking generally. SL, RL, dating sites, anything else out there. Doesn't really matter all that much to me. People are beautiful inside out, regardless where you meet them.

Edited by ErukaVonD

15 hours ago, Selene Gregoire said:

I met my RL other half in Active Worlds (predecessor to SL) the beginning of October 1999. He moved over 2000 miles the end of January 2000. We've been together ever since. 

You guys are legendary omfg <33 

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, ErukaVonD said:

You guys are legendary omfg <33 

lol.

No, we're just two people who don't want to die alone. We almost didn't make it past the second year much less the first. We fought like cats and dogs for the first couple of years. Both of us had just separated from our spouses so things were rocky to start with. His MacLeod temper didn't do him any favors. xD

Edited by Selene Gregoire
  • Like 1

I went from SL to RL with my ex partner on my original avatar. I even moved 1500 miles away to be with him and it was an amazing time. But unfortunately the relationship didn't last. It had nothing to do with meeting in SL but wanting different things at different points in our lives and other stuff going on (some of which would have been an issue no matter who I was with and where we were). I don't regret it for one minute even though the relationship didn't work out.

Here's my method, as a Cancerian myself; we have a grand sense of intuition (I'd like to think there's something to astrology because I've noticed something 'interesting' things happen) and most of my life's choices are based upon my intuition. As such, if I get a 'meh' feeling then most likely I'd pass the person by, but if I get a "Humm, might have potential, this could be good" feeling then normally I'll talk to them and continue further on with it. This has helped save my ass more times than I can count with not just relationships, but things in general.

Edited by Simo Vodopan

I met my SL partner in December 2006.  We've been together every since.  It's a purely SL relationship but no less real or important than if we met in RL.

• Like 2

I haven't even found a friend in SL yet, never mind a friend with a "spark". But even if I did, I wouldn't take it to RL, it would have to stay within SL only. I'm happily married in RL, and have been long enough that my kids have grown up, moved out and started families of their own. 

• Like 1