Newbie question ...

Ginger Blackwood

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1581 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

With a Premium Membership, I believe that you receive a free Linden home or a parcel on the mainland. So, does that mean, if I already have a nice little modernist home picked out from a vendor I really love, I can instead pick the parcel of land and then place that home there? And, is there any cost to the land (monthly fee) or anything? Thanks for the newbie help!!!

If you are Premium, you can own up to 1024 sq m of Mainland without additional monthly fee, but you have to purchase the land from whoever is selling it (a one time fee). Price varies by location and how crazy the seller is (lol); the market varies widely. You cannot place your own home on Linden home parcels. 

You can BUY a 1024 sized parcel and use that as your "free tier" that comes with Premium.  If it is 1024 or less there is no cost per month, only the purchase price.  And to be clear you don't "receive" a new Linden Home -- you have the ability to "pick" a plot on Bellisseria (if available) or one of the older Linden homes if there are no new ones to choose from at the moment.  

Note that premium (yearly) is on sale now so if you are going to pay yearly you might want to use this page to pay.

https://secondlife.com/premium/

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

If you are Premium, you can own up to 1024 sq m of Mainland without additional monthly fee, but you have to purchase the land from whoever is selling it (a one time fee). Price varies by location and how crazy the seller is (lol); the market varies widely. You cannot place your own home on Linden home parcels. 

She could, however, get a Linden home, rez a platform in the sky and then place her cute modern home up there, correct?

If she didn't mind using the prims that way, and didn't want to pay for land. Just a thought. 

• Like 1

If you have just a Linden home it's free there is no extra costs to pay, on Bellisseria you can have a property in the sky if it is at 2000m or above. If you choose not to have the home you can use your free 1024sqm tier allowance to buy Mainland there is a one time fee per parcel to buy Mainland from another resident or LL if you go over your free tier allowance there is a monthly fee based on how much additional land you own even if just for 1 second. if you no longer want the land you can abandon it or try to sell it. or you can have an old style Linden home or camper on 512sqm and 512sq of Mainland

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Elora Lunasea said:

She could, however, get a Linden home, rez a platform in the sky and then place her cute modern home up there, correct?

If she didn't mind using the prims that way, and didn't want to pay for land. Just a thought. 

Of course. She didn't mention skybox, so my assumption is she wants to place the home on the ground. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1581 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.