Question about selling mainland parcel.

AkisaYui

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1582 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi everyone ^^

If I put a mainland parcel up for sale and it still has lots and lots of stuff on it, will all of my stuff then automatically be returned to me the moment someone buys the parcel? The sale does not include objects, but from what I've read so far it seems like:

Even with the "No, keep ownership of objects" option selected, all objects have their owner parameter set to the new land-owner at the moment of purchase.
Objects that do not have Transfer allowed are automatically returned to me.
Objects that do have Transfer allowed are transferred to the new land-owner and are only returned to me when or even if the new land-owner manually chooses to return them, or if the new land-owner re-enables the "Auto return other Residents' objects" option.

I don't think I've understood it correctly because that can't be right, can it?
I don't want to clear out the parcel beforehand since it'll probably take a long time to sell it.

Thanks for your help.

46 minutes ago, AkisaYui said:

If I put a mainland parcel up for sale and it still has lots and lots of stuff on it, will all of my stuff then automatically be returned to me the moment someone buys the parcel? The sale does not include objects,

You will still own the objects and they will not be returned instantly. But they will be cuaght by autoreturn if autoreutrn is switched off and both you and the new owner can return them to you whenever you like.

Oh okay so I'd still be able to manually return them one by one after the sale. Thanks, that's good to know ^^
I read on some other post that the auto-return option is reset to 0 (off) when a parcel changes owner, and doesn't trigger unless the new owner switches it back on. I don't know if that's true though.

On the Sell Land page there's this "Show Objects" button that seems to highlight all objects that allow Transfer. I'm guessing the objects that don't show up in the test are automatically returned at the moment of purchase?

I've tried editing the objects and switching them from Transfer to Copy but that doesn't seem to remove them from the test. But if I create an empty notecard and set the notecard to not allow Transfer and then add it to my objects, then they stop showing up in the test. Rather cumbersome solution though. If it's even a solution at all.

One thing to watch out for -  I have had property returned in a lump.  It will usually be named after something in the lump. In this case "Wall"

I took this lump to a sandbox to unpack it and found that it was a skyplatform and build.

I took it back piece by piece so that I could find the separate parts, but I still had the 'lump' named "Wall" if I wanted to put it back the same way. At least, now I know what the coalesced object was.

Just something to remember if a strange lump shows up in your inventory.

'Wall'-PM.jpg

Clumpunpacked.jpg

Separated.jpg

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1582 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.