Change the permission of a non-modify cloth

Wondergirl216

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1576 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Often things appear to be no-modify in your inventory, but they actually are modify when rezzed or worn. This is because the scripts they contain are no-mod.

Also bear in mind that rigged mesh items cannot be re-sized even if they are mod. You can colour-tint them or change the textures using the viewer's Edit window, but you can't modify their size or position.

Some sellers think that "modify" means "includes a texture-change/colour-tint/resize hud". Whilst that's not strictly true, the huds do the same job, so check if there are any huds in the package.

If there is no hud, and the item can't be colour-tinted, then it's truly no-mod, and sadly this means that the marketplace description was wrong. Your only recourse here is to hope that the seller contacts you back, but if they have left SL, or if they choose to ignore you, there is no other option except to write off your loss and purchase from another seller instead.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Matty Luminos said:

Your only recourse here is to hope that the seller contacts you back, but if they have left SL, or if they choose to ignore you, there is no other option except to write off your loss and purchase from another seller instead.

And flag the product as "not as advertised" because wrong permissions is a no-no.

• Like 1

On 12/25/2019 at 3:56 PM, Wondergirl216 said:

Hi everyone, merry Christmas. I got some issues today. I bought a costume in marketplace yesterday, it said it can be modify. But once I open the box, and find it's non-modify. I tried to contact the seller, but she hasn't online for a while. Can anyone help me ?

it is a holiday, she probably is on vaca.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1576 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.