Looking for an AO suggestion

cheesecurd

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1575 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So ive got some spare L$ to burn and ive been rocking the attached AO for a almost two years now:

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/female-ao-Breeze/171123

And its a good AO, i like it, i was recommended it by an oldschool furry i met when i was new who suggested it when i was mentioning wanting something a bit more simple and casual. But im now looking for something new. What i have currently is from 2007, if not potentially older, it reflects the era pretty well as far as i can tell.

I do like the more simple AO though, i particularly like its walk cycle and sit animations, however i do not like its jump/falling/flying ones that much.

If anyone knows of any kind of more casual AO of any variety i would be interesting in hearing about it. A lot of the ones im looking at have too intense of an idle animation cycle or have the infamous "sexy walk" which just is not me at all. And thats the big thing i want to avoid is the sexy poses. What im looking for could best be described as almost an alternative to the default LL animations, simple and plain but maybe a little less wonky at times.

also while im thinking about it, how do i search "chunky" hair?

theres a lot of hair, and im having difficulty finding stuff in the style you find stock on DSD avatars, its a bit difficult to narrow down the artistic 3D style of hair...

i know its not the fanciest of hair but if im going to change my avatars hair from stock i want it to look like its part of the avatar, ya know?

wolf2.png.278f0148dfc7916a7513c548ddf69e9b.pngwolf3.png.7165212889696736c46560f3453668ed.png

pardon the aliasing, im playing on a laptop from 2006

Why not try the new default Linden animations? In new avatars (2017), you have Animation Override. Search for that and see what comes up in your Library.

2 of these are for riding avatars, so avoid Rhiannon (the female). Her AO is only meant to be worn with the horse. But the other ones is worth trying. They do not attach to screen, but to avatar center, I think. So if you have something attached to center already, be sure to use add instead of wear.

You can then edit the AO and pull the animations over in a folder. So you can place them in the more common screen-attach AO. Or, if you use Firestorm, use the animations in the built in AO there.

I would not buy a full AO, but replace the ones I don't like. I would go and test the AO's and flip the test pose stand to what I want to replace.

My go-to is Oracul, but most of its animations are exaggerated so I tend to buy single animations and build an AO from those. It's very affordable. 

Ayashi hair is pretty "chunky" by default but you could always change the textures or set them to alpha masking (at 0, removing transparency).

Edited by Wulfie Reanimator

1 hour ago, Marianne Little said:

Why not try the new default Linden animations?

i dug through them but i seemingly cant wear any of them, not sure why, it took forever to load in a scarf that was in there just to see if it was all library objects or just the animations or what, i presume something is being slow from LL to me or vice versa, ill try again with them later

1 hour ago, Marianne Little said:

Or this, the store has some interesting short female, male and unisex hairs

This is actually what i ended up buying for hair, along with a few others. They have the kind of blocky/chunky style i was looking for and in the right colors too. Theres a few stray bits that collide with my cheeks but i think i can fix that with something else

wolf5.png.3fd30635e9ecab835388505f7057e20a.png

unrelated, fitmesh is a nightmare with DSD avatars, mistakes were made, lindens were wasted, the back of a really nice shirt i wanted to wear was jagged, because i saw the front and checked the avatars alpha cuts and everything looked smooth and then i bought it, only THEN to notice the jaggies

rip

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cheesecurd said:

i dug through them but i seemingly cant wear any of them, not sure why, it took forever to load in a scarf that was in there just to see if it was all library objects or just the animations or what, i presume something is being slow from LL to me or vice versa, ill try again with them later

unrelated, fitmesh is a nightmare with DSD avatars, mistakes were made, lindens were wasted, the back of a really nice shirt i wanted to wear was jagged, because i saw the front and checked the avatars alpha cuts and everything looked smooth and then i bought it, only THEN to notice the jaggies

If you use a single viewer, using the viewer's built in AO may be a good solution. Firestorm's works very well. But, you cannot use it and wear any other AO. It has to be one or the other. Turning off the Firestorm AO and wearing an AO works OK. Using Firestorm's AO and wearing another AO, even if turned off, may not work.

Also, check the script size on the AO. Many new ones have 2 or 3 times the script load as the old ZHAO II, which I still use because of its small script load.

I add animations to both my FS and other AOs. So, an empty AO is ideal for me. I also tend to take AOs with sets of animations and copy their animations into FS as separate AOs, which FS lets me do.

1 hour ago, Nalates Urriah said:

[..]

Firestorm's works very well. But, you cannot use it and wear any other AO. It has to be one or the other. Turning off the Firestorm AO and wearing an AO works OK. Using Firestorm's AO and wearing another AO, even if turned off, may not work.

That is not true in my case, I use both anims loaded into Firestorm's AO AND a Zhao AO all at the same time without any issues at all.

It is likely that you haven't selected or divided the right type of animation into the AO's, you have cross-over.

1 hour ago, Cinos Field said:

Vista is my favorite for both casual and fancy animations.

I cannot bear to pay their prices any more, plus I really do not like the slow, lumpy and laggy format of the newer HUD at all.

I wish they sold the ARMS animations separately. As far as I know they're only available from within sets.

Vista animations in general do not seem as good as they used to be.

On 12/25/2019 at 3:33 PM, CandyCole said:

That is not true in my case, I use both anims loaded into Firestorm's AO AND a Zhao AO all at the same time without any issues at all.

It is likely that you haven't selected or divided the right type of animation into the AO's, you have cross-over.

I agree. Unless you make the attached AO specifically for use with the built-in AO they conflict.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1575 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.