Where to start for a more -rugged- male look?

NewLuden

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1577 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Heya! I am rather new here but I was given some assistance with my first look and I've bloomed out since then and I have been looking to take a little step away from females and try some male looks. I would like a rather solid but versatile and masculine looking male body and head. Any suggestions? I highly appreciate any tips and tricks! 😘

It really depends on how muscular you want to be.  In order, from most to least muscular, the main bodies would be Niramyth Aesthetic, Signature Gianni, Belleza Jake, Slink Physique, TMP Legacy and Signature Geralt. Though there's not much in the way of clothing available for the last one.  Gianni is by far the best-supported, and for a strong rugged look that would probably be your best bet, though Jake isn't far behind in musculature. Although support for Legacy is growing, I can't honestly recommend it due to various reasons you'll find in some of the other "Legacy" threads here.

Choice of head doesn't matter as much as choice of skin, so find a skin you like first, see which appliers they make and test out some appropriate heads that work with it. If you want to use Bakes on Mesh, you'll need a skin that includes system layers, and there aren't many of those around for men yet. 7 Deadly Skins is probably your best choice for Bakes on Mesh. If you go with the Aesthetic body, check that the head you choose has a neck fit for it, as it's different from all the others. On the other hand it comes with its own head included so you might not need another.

• Like 1

Thank you very much for this information! I made the current face texture for my current look and once I find a male head I like I will probably end up doing the same considering my tastes are a little more imperfect in the long run. I suppose the more accurate question would be are there certain male heads that have a more squared and defined look? 

Again I highly appreciate your time and responses! 

It is the Catwa Stanley that I think has the most square look. Here shown with different skins:

CATWA Head Stanley [Bento]

The head can be edited, so you get smaller/bigger features. But out of the box it is made for a square jaw and chin, something that you can't edit to go away. The Catwa Gac also has strong features.

Catwa has a holiday special for a female and a male head (Travis, 50% off, ends 25th Dec) but that's the opposite of a square look. A more round face.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1577 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.