Merry Christmas 2019 thread

GoSpeed Racer

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1581 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I wanted to share this with you all; this isn't SL-related, but is is what the winter holiday is for me as a pagan. This is the soundtrack of a BBC radio play from 1985, and it's been a part of my Solstice celebrations for a very long time. It's half an hour long but worth listening to, even if you're not a pagan.

Edited by Matty Luminos
  • Like 4

On 12/25/2019 at 9:40 AM, Matty Luminos said:

I wanted to share this with you all; this isn't SL-related, but is is what the winter holiday is for me as a pagan. This is the soundtrack of a BBC radio play from 1985, and it's been a part of my Solstice celebrations for a very long time. It's half an hour long but worth listening to, even if you're not a pagan.

I can't listen because I'm deaf, but I was raised a universalist Quaker. Not all Quakers are Christians. Some of us are also Pagan (Druid here), atheist, etc. I do celebrate both the Winter Solstice on the 21st and Christmas because well. Reasons. I apologize for the long list of info you really didn't need to know about me, but I hope that you had a Blessed Winter Solstice. :)

1 hour ago, LyricalBookworm said:

I can't listen because I'm deaf, but I was raised a universalist Quaker. Not all Quakers are Christians. Some of us are also Pagan (Druid here), atheist, etc. I do celebrate both the Winter Solstice on the 21st and Christmas because well. Reasons. I apologize for the long list of info you really didn't need to know about me, but I hope that you had a Blessed Winter Solstice. :)

I have a transcript of it - I'll send you a copy inworld. I think you'd like it. :)

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1581 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.