Jump to content
Trinity1776

Those crazy neighbors...

Recommended Posts

43 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

To be fair, I'm not understanding your point, either. 

You're using 'theme' as a way to police other people's sense of style and genre. And I would argue that is not what it is intended for.

I've stated an actual set of examples of what I think it should be for - you could disagree with them, but to say you don't understand them means you do not wish to actually engage...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Evarne said:

I think it would just be nice if people did rezz what they wanted to but bear their neighbours in mind to make it nice for everyone.

The problem is that they DO think it's nice for the neighbors, or at the very least, isn't bothersome. Your neighbors undoubtedly thought their emitters and glowing trees were gorgeous. 

If that thing above were next to my boat I would AR it, not for being over 15 meters, but for being completely out of theme. Whoever that belongs to, though, obviously thinks it's perfectly fine, and apparently so do some others. 

It's all subjective and the only true authority lies with LL. The covenant specifically says "in theme". 

I liked the flying whale. I don't like the steampunk airship. I don't mind something being over 15 meters as long as it's something like. I wouldn't want a swamp next to my boat. There is probably someone who doesn't like the the Victorian brothel I made and wouldn't want to live next to a house of ill repute. 

At least one Linden and one Mole have already come through this thread with requests that these things be ARed rather than posted for glory/shame here. It's just a matter of time before a regular poster has their parcel posted here with a "Can you believe he/she/they did that and think it's tasteful and/or in theme and/or not a covenant violation?!" and the already loose wheels will come flying off the wagon. 

I'm ready.

tenor.gif.192e64e7aa3f90d1654b7b0bde37fa09.gif

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do agree with you Beth and that's why I think communication might go a long way. A Victorian brothel, that may have been more popular with neighbours before 'Avatars on other parcels can see and chat with others' disablement was a thing 😂

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

You're using 'theme' as a way to police other people's sense of style and genre. And I would argue that is not what it is intended for.

I've stated an actual set of examples of what I think it should be for - you could disagree with them, but to say you don't understand them means you do not wish to actually engage...

When more than one person is not understanding your point, maybe the problem is not with those persons' ability to read, but in how you have worded your examples. At any rate, I think that steampunk monstrosity is hideous. If that makes me "policing other people's sense of style", then so be it. It's heinous and I'm glad I don't live anywhere near it.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Evarne said:

I do agree with you Beth and that's why I think communication might go a long way. A Victorian brothel, that may have been more popular with neighbours before 'Avatars on other parcels can see and chat with others' disablement was a thing 😂

Don't tell anyone but the walls inside are absolutely littered with Victorian erotica and that's why I can only post photos of the kitchen here!

There might be a teddy bear, too.

  • Like 3
  • Haha 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Beth Macbain said:

Don't tell anyone but the walls inside are absolutely littered with Victorian erotica and that's why I can only post photos of the kitchen here!

There might be a teddy bear, too.

sighs... now i háve to check your boat out ...
:SwingingFriends:

  • Haha 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

sighs... now i háve to check your boat out ...
 

You’re welcome to check out Boaty McBoatface but the brothel with the fun art is a Victorian in the Abrus region!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

You’re welcome to check out Boaty McBoatface but the brothel with the fun art is a Victorian in the Abrus region!

so i made a good choice:) ... most brothel "art" has the opposite of my liking :)

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

so i made a good choice:) ... most brothel "art" has the opposite of my liking :)

lol... I knew I should have devoted some space to Victoria gay erotica! Perhaps I'll switch some things around!

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Beth Macbain said:

lol... I knew I should have devoted some space to Victoria gay erotica! Perhaps I'll switch some things around!

Don't encourage him... I already had to smooth things over with the police over the drowning man outside his camper.  Maybe he was an escapee from a gay erotic victorian brothel who had been trafficked.......  (Oh god I watch too many crime series on netflix) 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

lol... I knew I should have devoted some space to Victoria gay erotica! Perhaps I'll switch some things around!

just one little (darkish) room?

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Alwin Alcott said:

just one little (darkish) room?

*pulls out her badge*   "CSI Cindy here"

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Cindy Evanier said:

 Maybe he was an escapee from a gay erotic victorian brothel who had been trafficked.

omg... i'm not such guy!... decent, shy, modest and always friendly!
He's just a happy floater ( and owns the camper)

  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Perhaps we need to have a Bellisserian murder mystery party! Victorian brothels, dark rooms, human trafficking! SUCH FUN!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

Perhaps we need to have a Bellisserian murder mystery party! Victorian brothels, dark rooms, human trafficking! SUCH FUN!

/me volunteers for keeping an eye on the dark room ( to be sure people don't stumble upon spreaded furniture)

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Cindy Evanier said:

uh huh 🔎 👮‍♀️ 🚔 🏊 ⚰️

"(police jargon ) ....

he's ok!!   :) 

floating_001.thumb.png.1b4ad540257b3d2e3cb722ca8bd16dd8.png

Edited by Alwin Alcott
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

he's ok!!   :) 

floating_001.thumb.png.1b4ad540257b3d2e3cb722ca8bd16dd8.png

QUICK TIP HIM UPRIGHT,  he is no Jason! 

Oh wait.. leave him there.  I will call Jason to sort this out...  BRB (eventually)

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Beth Macbain said:

Perhaps we need to have a Bellisserian murder mystery party! Victorian brothels, dark rooms, human trafficking! SUCH FUN!

That reminds me of the film Knives Out we watched recently

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Jules Catlyn said:

That reminds me of the film Knives Out we watched recently

Oooh Don Johnson is in that  (teenage crush Miami Vice obsession) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

Oooh Don Johnson is in that  (teenage crush Miami Vice obsession) 

It was fun seeing him in it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/19/2020 at 6:06 PM, Cindy Evanier said:

Oooh Don Johnson is in that  (teenage crush Miami Vice obsession) 

me goes tell Jason .. he has competition

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Alwin Alcott said:

me goes tell Jason .. he has competition

He has plenty of competition.  Got to keep these guys on their toes 😂

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...