Those crazy neighbors...

Trinity1776

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 556 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

24 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

Theres United Colors which sells clothes

United InshCon sells furniture 

Is it this?  Other woods available

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/UI-Outhouse-Shabby-White-v/10735899

United IshCon -- I knew there was a C there somewhere.

My head is killing me this morning -  makes it very hard to think, let alone actually work.

ETA -- I got mine on one of the weekend sales, L$60 or less, so it looks like I got a good deal.  :)

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

My head is killing me this morning -  makes it very hard to think, let alone actually work.

I am flutastic today.  6 weeks after my first ever flu jab and about 6 years since I last had any real cold of note so I sympathize. 

• Sad 2

The appearance suggests to me that the person is building a skybox.  He's centered it on the parcel and has attached a scenery panel on one side (that would be unnecessary if he were planning to leave it where it is now).  The next step will be to lift the whole thing a couple of thousand meters straight up.  If he takes more than a few days to do that, you might consider sending a friendly note.

Edited by Rolig Loon
typos. as always.
  • Like 4

32 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

The appearance suggests to me that the person is building a skybox.  He's centered it on the parcel and has attached a scenery panel on one side (that would be unnecessary if he were planning to leave it where it is now).  The next step will be to lift the whole thing a couple of thousand meters straight up.  If he takes more than a few days to do that, you might consider sending a friendly note.

Except the covenant says something about not being used as a sandbox. 

They should build it elsewhere then bring it back and send it up a couple of thousand meters

• Like 6

It's not a sandbox unless they have opened it up for building by the general public.  Any resident can build things on his own parcel.  If you're building a skybox, you could certainly do the major work somewhere else and then carry it to Bellisseria, as you suggested. It would be quicker to build the basic framework of the thing on your Bellisseria parcel, though, and then lift it into place so that you are sure that it has a legal-sized footprint and it centered on the parcel.  It would be smart to wait on doing the detail work until after the skybox is in place in the sky, but taking an hour or two to build the basics at ground level right there isn't a bad idea.  Leaving it for more than a day or two is an eyesore, though.

Edited by Rolig Loon
Cleaner wording

53 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

It takes about 1.375 seconds to enter a number in the 'Z' column that is more than 2000...

So there's no reason or excuse for something like this being around past a person logging out.

In fact, it should have been initially rezzed up there, after going up there and knowing the bounds of your plot with a platform - but as not everyone does this, I'm willing to excuse it for as long as a person is still BOTH there AND online.

Then you AR and let a linden or mole handle it.

I did send a friendly note not long ago in a situation of a platform at 200m... that was actually a mistake on my part.

18 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

Except the covenant says something about not being used as a sandbox. 

Also no SKYBOXes below 2000m

Edited by Pussycat Catnap
  • Like 6

1 minute ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

It takes about 1.375 seconds to enter a number in the 'Z' column that is more than 2000...

So there's no reason or excuse for something like this being around past a person logging out.

I agree.  You and I would do that, but I know plenty  of people who are way less skilled, so I was merely suggesting a slightly longer grace period.  In the end, whether it takes a half hour or a couple of days, I agree that it should only be allowed temporarily. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rolig Loon said:

If he takes more than a few days to do that, you might consider sending a friendly note.

forks, feathers and tar without waiting...  :SwingingFriends:

report... leaving it there will be a nuisance within half an hour because you keep seeing it..
Derendering most likely won't help, everythime something new is added it's visible again.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

16 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

I agree.  You and I would do that, but I know plenty  of people who are way less skilled, so I was merely suggesting a slightly longer grace period.  In the end, whether it takes a half hour or a couple of days, I agree that it should only be allowed temporarily. 

The reason I focus on 'as long as you're still there' is because for as long as it remains, the other people around you are essentially getting less than what they paid for out of their subscription... they're being harmed by it.

I think one zapping is basically enough to get anyone to read the rules, and realize - do stuff to an acceptable state before I log out.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

The reason I focus on 'as long as you're still there' is because for as long as it remains, the other people around you are essentially getting less than what they paid for out of their subscription... they're being harmed by it.

I think one zapping is basically enough to get anyone to read the rules, and realize - do stuff to an acceptable state before I log out.

You may be right.  I won't argue the point too loudly.  We agree that the thing shouldn't stay where it is.  I just have a slightly greater tolerance for clumsiness/ignorance/inexperience/stupidity, so my personal choice would be to cut the person a bit more slack than you would.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Rolig Loon said:

You may be right.  I won't argue the point too loudly.  We agree that the thing shouldn't stay where it is.

It's a dicey call honestly...

Some people logout because of something urgent and come right back. Some logout and come back 5 years later...

Some will stay around online for 73 days sitting inside that skybox at ground...

- In the end... this is why even whether or not we file an AR ends up being a judgement call based on the local situation... :)

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Elena Core said:

@Pussycat Catnap  @Kitten Kaos    @Rolig Loon @Alwin Alcott @Cindy Evanier @Sylvia Tamalyn   But my dear friends, nobody is going to comment on how well the background Nature texture blends with the Belli trees around? It's quite considered....

It's even photo-realistic for top quality props. 👍

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Pussycat Catnap said:
1 hour ago, Elena Core said:

@Pussycat Catnap  @Kitten Kaos    @Rolig Loon @Alwin Alcott @Cindy Evanier @Sylvia Tamalyn   But my dear friends, nobody is going to comment on how well the background Nature texture blends with the Belli trees around? It's quite considered....

It's even photo-realistic for top quality props. 👍

You all have it wrong. Can't you see what's going on? It's obvious! They want to make a room in the attic and it gets too hot up there; they need *shade*.

• Haha 3

On 1/9/2020 at 7:18 PM, TVTuner said:

Indeed.  There is a lot of "Mainland" available where this sort of hooliganism is permitted, even encouraged.  Why don't they go there?

Just because they're very generous people who want to share their immense creativity and excellent decorative skills with the rest of Bellisseria residents.   The Linden Home rules are simply for others, they have immunity to make our eyes bleed ...

On 1/10/2020 at 1:48 PM, Atina0 said:

i guess its  all a matter of taste   ,my new backneighbour 

image.thumb.png.56aab7c0a66b5195ea2609587c365fbb.png

Seems that someone's moving truck suddenly exploded and went there over the roof...

Or maybe your neighbor is another one of those magnificent creative geniuses who wants to add a special detail to his/her home.

On 1/13/2020 at 12:41 AM, LittleMe Jewell said:

My newest neighbor, who apparently believes that parcel boundaries do not apply to them - half of the large boat is outside the parcel boundaries.

image.thumb.png.e0943c0e15b37c9f92a84c8923f6071d.png

And this, back behind me, I just don't understand.  

image.thumb.png.e8db73fcdf8ff9c733daa6de4dbadaec.png

The second one...  lol, must hate the water, but I also don't understand the meaning of own a house boat and covering the sea... wanna build a second home?, is that a tennis field?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 556 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.